• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

"Can we stop for a hot chocolate?"

waldowainthrop

lol, how do I answer these questions ? Chick looked like a supermodel and was chilly from being curbside. I broke down and stopped and she even bought me one.
No tip, but maybe the hot chocolate was the tip. 🤔

#whatwouldyoudo
Use your judgment. Don’t stop for one if your time is better spent at a busy time on another ride. On a quiet morning I have gotten coffee with a passenger, no big deal.

Your passenger is probably under the false impression that you are being paid $15+ per hour for your time, so keep that in mind before agreeing to a stop without them putting cash in your hand.

This line works for me: “we can stop for a minute but I am not paid for my time when we stop.” When I consider what my time is worth, I am losing money by stopping, so this is a true enough statement.

Last edited:

OhYay5Stars

If it’s literally on the way and only a quick stop (like coffee or smokes) I’ll usually oblige (I get tipped on a high percentage of these requests tho so it sucks that you didn’t). However, if it’s even remotely out of the way I have the add the extra stop in the app so atleast there’s some sort of added compensation.

mch

lol, how do I answer these questions ? Chick looked like a supermodel and was chilly from being curbside. I broke down and stopped and she even bought me one.

#whatwouldyoudo
Me personally, Id stop.

If you don’t stop you’re gonna get downrated so make it count.

You say “How bout a big cup of shut the @@@@ up instead!!” then crank up the tunes and provide a safe ride from point A to point B.

UberLAguy

There was a hot chick who was crying when she got into my car. I stopped Midway at a gas station for her to blow her nose and restroom break. She said she tried to put a stop but couldn't because of Internet connection. When I dropped her off in Pasadena, I saw that the next stop is back to downtown LA. But I ended the trip. In retrospect, it could have been her tip for me to help me get back to DTLA.

Coachman

I so rarely get requests to stop that I really don't even mind when somebody asks. The other day I had a guy coming home from work who asked to stop at a gas station to pick up a case of beer. Why not? It took all of three minutes. I thought about getting gas while I was waiting but I didn't.

waldowainthrop

I so rarely get requests to stop that I really don't even mind when somebody asks. The other day I had a guy coming home from work who asked to stop at a gas station to pick up a case of beer. Why not? It took all of three minutes. I thought about getting gas while I was waiting but I didn't.
I have been getting gas while my passengers shop. It is one of the best ways for me to make these gas station stops work. I think my last few passengers have been impressed by my opportunism.

Johnny Mnemonic

she even bought me one.
"You had me at 'chocolate', Lady."

I know a lot of people here say "hell no" to passenger stops, and I respect that. But I say why not? It happens so infrequently (to me anyway) that in the big picture it'll reduce my revenue for the week by %1? Maybe?

And if she bought you a $4.00 hot chocolate for 4 minutes of your time, she treated you a lot better than Uber did, didn't she?

waldowainthrop

I know a lot of people here say "hell no" to passenger stops, and I respect that. But I say why not? It happens so infrequently (to me anyway) that in the big picture it'll reduce my revenue for the week by %1? Maybe?

And if she bought you a $4.00 hot chocolate for 4 minutes of your time, she treated you a lot better than Uber did, didn't she?
One of my passenger stops (hotel for luggage, 2 minutes over what we agreed on) lost me a 70 mile surge airport trip that was stacked and then cancelled by the airport passenger because I wasn’t moving for 5 minutes. No cancel fee presumably because I was not available to take the ride. It didn’t even matter that he tipped because my $200 day would have become a $350+ day. Opportunity costs are everywhere.

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

God, I love you charles bronson, that is so true......

Remember this:
Paul Kersey: You believe in Jesus...
Stomper: Yes, I do.
Paul Kersey: Well, you're gonna meet him.
1573780698105.png

#deathwish2

mbd

#whatwouldyoudo
In your dreams you can always say yes
what is a supermodel doing in a uber x😁
Sugar daddies will give her Uber helicopter rides.