can we ride LPG as UBER car?

vr4indian

Dear All

I am planning to join UBER network. What I have is a Ex-Taxi ( Ford Falcon - now converted as general purpose car) which runs on LPG.

So my quesion is , can I used a car which has LPG and was previously used as Taxi?

Thanks

vr4indian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for your reply.

Year: 2010
Model : Falcon Wagon
Make : Ford
Transmission: Automatic
Fuel : LPG

So i think this can be easily qualifies as UBER... can someone confirms the same?

glados

Dear All

I am planning to join UBER network. What I have is a Ex-Taxi ( Ford Falcon - now converted as general purpose car) which runs on LPG.

So my quesion is , can I used a car which has LPG and was previously used as Taxi?

Thanks
Sorry, ex-taxis are not allowed on UberX in Sydney. Ford Falcons are also not allowed.

Do you have another personal vehicle?

Last edited:

KGB7

http://www.ubersydney.info/cars/

We require all uberX vehicles to meet the following conditions:

• Registered in NSW
  • 2006 or newer, and in good condition
  • Must have 4 doors (all with external handles)
  • No ex-taxis
  • No utes, buses, vans, or vehicles with more than 8 seats.

In addition, the following vehicles are not permitted on uberX:
  • All Ford Falcons, Fairmonts, G6s, or Fairlanes made pre-2008, or 6th generation.

Renaldow

I wish we had the no ex-taxi rule in Portland. There are several Uber drivers out there using vehicles that are obviously ex-taxis with the graphics removed. I'll see them a lot in the waiting lot at the airport. The drivers all keep to themselves and some theorize that these are strawman cars being run by the taxi companies (you can tell which company they each came from due to the paint jobs).