Can we make it to top 100 complaints about pax?

Young Kim

#56 from @Another Uber Driver is the absolute worst! I've hit this one a few times, and It always feel so callous and callow of the 'friends' not to accompany their black-out drunk pal home.

@Kurt Halfyard my brother! Yes, my drunk and drugged out pax was one of those! I wasn't paying close enough attention, but it was obvious after the fact that the friends dumped my pax into my car. What the heck were they expected at the destination??? That magically he would sober up and recover from his alcohol and drug fueled (I smelled pot) adventure in just a few minutes?
Post automatically merged:

Next lets try what is good abut Pax rides??

@Big Lou, good point. I'll start one soon.

1. Talking about grex with their girlfriends ... cat fight.... she is is b****, she is a c****, I think he is cheating .... I found this item in his bed:cautious:

@mbd my brother, I had a few of those too! Very uncomfortable right?

which corner, since there are 4. Love those, remember express pool, and pax had to be at NW corner, and they never knew which is the north west corner. SMH

@cumonohito, This is a great point, because when it is busy, often the pax has NO idea which corner they are in, and often they are wrong, making you turn around and around dangerously)

I had a lady tuck and roll going 45 miles an hour. Did she get hurt? I could care less!!

@IRME4EVER my friend, I read every word in wonder... that is really an epic story. Well done!

I came up with a few more to get to 100! So in just a day, together we made it. 100!

84—Pax who put their pickup location as their DESTINATION location. So you end up driving to the pickup location for nothing.

85—Pax who are generally rude

86—Pax who feel they are “better” than you because you are their driver

87—Pax who say that you are lost but you are not

88—Disagreeing with the Uber app directions but failing to give better instructions.

89—Pax who cancel in the middle of a trip (secretly) hoping you don’t notice and try to get a cheaper ride.

90—Pax who accuse you of blowing a red or other traffic infraction when in fact you did not do anything wrong.

91—Pax who requested just to ask for a jump start on his vehicle

92—Pax who get into the Uber really wet from the rain or snow (and with snow do not tap the snow and mud off before climbing in).

93—Pax that sing really loud in car.

94—Pax that are yelling at young ladies outside the car.

95—Would be Pax who see an Uber light on car and try to ask the Uber ant to bring them like a taxicab.

96—Pax who want the windows rolled down even in 10 degree Chicago weather (that did actually happen to me by Cermak and 22nd around 5:00 am).

97—Pax who crank the windows all the way down on the highway

98—Pax who make a pass at the Uber ant and won’t take no for an answer

99—Pax who press the driver for their personal phone number at the end of the ride.

100—Pax who want the Uber ant to be their therapist or counselor

Last edited:

Jctbay

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).
4) Pax who ask me to fit 5 people in my Prius.
5) Pax who smell bad (I have a high threshold, but some really have nasty B.O.)
6) Pax who eat a big meal in a messy way.
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
8) Pax who slam the door on my rear seat belt(s)
9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)
12) Pax who urinate in/around my car (happened to me Saturday night)
13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!

How did they "make you go through the drive-thru"?

Ubercadabra

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)
13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!

100) permanent deactivation :roflmao:

Coachman

Pax who, when you show up at the pickup and don't see them, can't tell you where they are.

Pax who don't acknowledge you on entering or exiting the vehicle. Automatic 1-star.

The female pax who, in the middle of the trip, suddenly blurts out "Where are you taking me?"

Last edited:

UberChiefPIT

I'll start:

It seems like you allow pax to get away with the worst of behaviors in your car, and just begrudgingly take it because you’re in Chicago, and way out of your element.

Another Uber Driver

Isn't it more profitable to drive Taxi than Uber/Lyft, even if you have to pay for your own commercial insurance? Under what conditions would driving Uber/Lyft be more profitable than Taxi?

If the business is there, the cab is, in fact, more profitable. Further, you must address market variances. The cab business here always has been heavily dependent on Congress and its camp followers. Those camp followers ain't here right about now. There are certain times and days that you must be out there in the cab to snag the few street hails that are out there. You must know where to look for them, as well. I know when the frustrated Uber and Lyft users are out there and where to find them. Still, you find them only at certain hours.

When it is time for the Uber/Lyft car, you must know your market, again. You must hit the streets when the bonuses and incentives are available. You must know where you are going and what you are doing out here. I know my city well enough and the traffic patterns that I can take advantage of the reduced traffic and take the customers on a scenic route that is faster. You can make this pay, but you need either a hacker's knowledge or an ability to catch on quickly. Most TNC drivers have neither.

melusine3

14) pax who are Outside & SEE you in busy street
Yet continue their sidewalk conversation anyway !
Pax who stand around smoking, not acknowledging you. I cancel and boogie.

Pax that send the “anchor” out at the 4:30 mark

Yesterday a young lady asked if she could add a stop at the liquor store. “Sure” I replied. “Never mind. I forgot my debit card”. “No problem” I answered. And thennnnn...”Sir, I just need a pack of cigarettes and some wine. Is there any chance you can buy for me and I’ll repay you with a very big tip in the app?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not comfortable with that. “
“ but it won’t be a problem. My moms Uber account has a huge credit balance from the refunds she has gotten.”

sure wish I had this recorded.
MOM: "I did not authorize this Uber ride, Rohit. I expect you to reverse this charge!"

"Is this everyone who is going? No?" [doors remain locked]

Five minutes expire, cancel, passenger did not show up.
This.

I've never had the guts to leave the 'anchor' person standing outside the car. Maybe I should try it out once.
Do it ALWAYS. Be good to yourself.

Last edited: