Can we make it to top 100 complaints about pax?

Young Kim

Pax who climb over my seats instead of simply walking around to the other side of the car.
Pax who ask me to do a U-Turn to pick them up, when they are going in the other direction, thus requiring another U-Turn to get going on trip. (Just cross to the side of the road.)
Pax who are moving stuff, instead of just going from A to B. (My car is not a moving van. Order an XL!)
Pax who touch my shoulder (Never OK!)
Pax who order 3rd Party Rides, and then don't answer their phone when I've arrived and texted (Uber) or Called (Lyft)
Pax who drop their pin wrong and then ask to 'go a bit further' and now have to give you directions because you are 'off the route.'
Pax who cough without covering their mouth (Pre-Covid) or take their mask off (Covid-19)

Courtesy of our distinguished mod, Kurt Halfyard:

40) Pax who climb over my seats instead of simply walking around to the other side of the car.
41) Pax who ask me to do a U-Turn to pick them up, when they are going in the other direction, thus requiring another U-Turn to get going on trip. (Just cross to the side of the road.)
42) Pax who are moving stuff, instead of just going from A to B. (My car is not a moving van. Order an XL!)
43) Pax who touch my shoulder (Never OK!)
44) Pax who order 3rd Party Rides, and then don't answer their phone when I've arrived and texted (Uber) or Called (Lyft)
45) Pax who drop their pin wrong and then ask to 'go a bit further' and now have to give you directions because you are 'off the route.'
46) Pax who cough without covering their mouth (Pre-Covid) or take their mask off (Covid-19)
Post automatically merged:

Pax who said “I’ll tip you in the Apps”... Yeah, right I won’t hold my breath waiting.

47) Pax who said “I’ll tip you in the Apps”... Yeah, right I won’t hold my breath waiting. (Credit to @Oneonecoco )

Young Kim

Pax who sat in the front and decided to reach over to my car radio and turning the volume knob higher without asking.

Thank goodness, they are not allowed to sit in the front anymore.

48) Pax who sat in the front and decided to reach over to my car radio and turning the volume knob higher without asking.(credit to @Gone_in_60_seconds) (Yeah that would be extremely annoying. I do not fancy loud music that I have not turned up myself)

48) Pax who sat in the front and decided to reach over to my car radio and turning the volume knob higher without asking.(credit to @Gone_in_60_seconds) (Yeah that would be extremely annoying. I do not fancy loud music that I have not turned up myself)

49) Pax who say foul language. (not a fan of potty mouths)
50) Pax who have said racist comments about various ethnic races. (not a fan) Hey, we are halfway there in just a couple of hours. Maybe time to get creative... the possibilities are in fact endless.

Another Uber Driver

51. Third party rides.

52. Social Justice Warriors who want to feel good about themselves, so they order a ride for a street person or a whack-0 thus compelling you to participate in this little feelgood gesture.

53. Third party riders who decide that since they are riding on someone else's nickel, you are their personal chauffeur for the rest of the day.

54. Fake service animals.

55. Paxholes who complain that you are high or drunk in order to hustle a free ride.

56. "Friends" who dump a blind drunk friend on you.

57. Hotel doormen who want to dump a drunk or street person on you.

58. Restauan t and bar staff that want to dump a drunk or street person on you.

59. Hospitals who dump unwanted patients on you.

60. Customers who want you to schlepp items up flights of stairs for ZERO tip.

61. (pre-COVID-19) Front seat customers who touch your radio or heat/AC controls without asking.

62. Customers who want a round trip, especially a local round trip (you do not get paid for the flip-flop on a local).

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand

I do not do drive-through. If they ask for it, I simply decline. If they ask why, I tell them that Lyft/Uber pays garbage, as it is. It pays worse for sitting.

3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).

Usually, they do let you know that they are late when they board. At that point,, I always tell them that they must understand that this is neither my fault nor my problem and that I will not break any laws nor will I be told how to drive. If they say anything after that, I tell them that this is Strike Two and if they say anything else, I will end the ride and they will be invited to exit the vehicle.

6) Pax who eat a big meal in a messy way.

I have a "NO EATING" sign in my car. If they try to eat, they get one warning. Upon issuing said warning, I inform them that the ride will end if they try to eat again.

9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.

You would be one of the few. Most TNC drivers do not know where they are going, even in the city where they live. They might know how to get to the bank, the grocery store, the doctor's office, the ballpark, the train station, the airport and things like that. Other than that, they do not know. This is why many frustrated UberX/Lyft users are turning to Uber Taxi, where it is available. It is available in Chicago.

11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)

You like to work the ralph crowd. One thing that you should do is pull up to every job with doors locked. If the customer can not stand on his own two feet, or even stagger too much, you pull around the corner and shuffle. Do not let blind drunk people into your car. You will regret it a majority of the time.

13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

Try as you will, this one is unavoidable. It is an occupational hazard. These people are annoying because they want it brought back yesterday, and, not just without charge, but, they expect you to pay them for the "ecstatic pleasure" of having the "opportunity" to pay the price for their carelessness.

16) Passengers who force me to cance

I make them cancel. If they balk, I just work the other application until they do.

Pax that have the instinct of telling me where to go. This is my car. We go this way, i already been on the road for 8+ hours doing this.

The majority of TNC drivers do not kn ow where they are going. The customers are simply going on experience.

23) A lone creepy looking pax who sits directly behind me (and not across in the back) and does not say a word (late at night). Is he gonna choke me? LOL.
(emphasis added)

This ain't no laughing matter. This does happen. This is why no solo customer sits directly behind me. I always invite them to move. If they balk, I invite them to exit the vehicle.

26) Pax who keep on asking if I have an aux cord (DON'T DO THIS! They will play their own music to an uncomfortable dangerous level)

I will do this, but, I tell them in advance that I will not suffer opera, disco or rap. This is one of the few times that I invoke "My Car/My Rules". If it is a long trip, there are other exclusions: Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Shania Twain, and others are also excluded.

Last edited:

Diamondraider

@WindyCityAnt , You are at number 22 with the last one. The next one has to start with number 23 (Michael Jordan's Jersey number). I am liking you broski more and more with each post I read of yours, lol. Your cynical humor is great! I'll add 23 to continue the numbering...

23) A lone creepy looking pax who sits directly behind me (and not across in the back) and does not say a word (late at night). Is he gonna choke me? LOL.

24) A group of really overweight people before covid when 4 could fit. With this one, PLEASE PLEASE understand I have NOTHING but love for all people, and do not discriminate (please do believe me). But a couple of times, my car was so weighed down by heavy pax my Prius dragged the speed bumps in a very rough scraping way (a Prius rides very low to the ground). And once when I drove up a ramp with my car overweighed, I noticed that my crappy hybrid engine had trouble climbing the ramp. This complaint may not be fair, because I really am not judging anyone's metabolism or body type... but this is simply a thread about anything and everything that gives an ant a headache, anxiety, annoyance, or frustration regarding pax. (I may delete this one if others think it is unfair). I want people to be totally honest and say want gives them difficulty, not necessarily judging a person based on things they cannot control. When I mention weight here, I am not complaining about the pax(s) themselves, only that carrying multiple overweight pax does to my crappy weak hybrid engine and my pathetic suspension.

25) Pax who say that they will SURELY tip you in the app if you do something "above and beyond". (Some may of course do this, but often they won't... and I wonder why they even would bother saying this... just do it).

26) Pax who keep on asking if I have an aux cord (DON'T DO THIS! They will play their own music to an uncomfortable dangerous level)

27) Pax who want to connect to my bluetooth. That is bad because then I have to disconnect from my own bluetooth headset and... this is a process.

28) Pax who ask if they can smoke cigarettes in my car.

29) Pax who ask if they can drink beer in my car.

@OldUncleDave, that is an excellent one I did not think about...but yes it has happened to me and it is annoying! Yours is number 30) so, to copy yours word for word:

30) Pax who "help" you by walking toward the destination and expect you to pick them up. Like, I have an address, I don't know he's 5 blocks away and waving at me. (CREDIT given to @OldUncleDave)
Pax that send the “anchor” out at the 4:30 mark

Yesterday a young lady asked if she could add a stop at the liquor store. “Sure” I replied. “Never mind. I forgot my debit card”. “No problem” I answered. And thennnnn...”Sir, I just need a pack of cigarettes and some wine. Is there any chance you can buy for me and I’ll repay you with a very big tip in the app?”

“I’m sorry. I’m not comfortable with that. “
“ but it won’t be a problem. My moms Uber account has a huge credit balance from the refunds she has gotten.”

sure wish I had this recorded.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

#56 from @Another Uber Driver is the absolute worst!

For years, people looked at the cab driver as a means of getting rid of a "problem". When you ask them why they do not call the police, who are trained to deal with these "problems", they will tell you that they do not want this person "to have any trouble". DAMN, Sam! You do not care if I have a problem, now do you? Any dump job is bad news. If it is a hotel that wants to get rid of a homeless person, still, you have a problem getting him out of your car. If a hospital is dumping an unwanted patient, this patient suddenly decides that you are their hospital paid personal chauffeur for half the day.

I used to take these dump jobs, but, only after a grilling. On the hotel or bar dump jobs, usually, when you pulled up to the address, an employee would let you know what you were getting: "He's 'kind of drunk', so take care of him" or something like that. RIGHT; "kind of" drunk. Is that like being "kind of" pregnant? At any rate, I used to ask the employee "Does he want to go?". If I did not get a "yes", I left. When the employee brought out the drunk, the doors were still locked. I used to ask the drunk if he wanted to go. If he did not say "Yes", I left. If he said "yes", I asked where he was going. Once I learned that, I told him "you understand that I am being paid to take you to___________________, correct? We go there, only, with NO stops, not even at Seven-Eleven for a pack of cigarets Do yo u understand? Right?" I did similar for hospital dump jobs.

I stopped doing it because even though they did agree in advance, as soon as you get two blocks, they want to go here, there and everywhere. I took more than one drunk, homeless person or unwanted patient back to the point of origin when they started this nonsense.

These days, I simply do not bother.

As Uber/Lyft drivers ain't nothing but no unlicenced, illegal, under-insured, uninformed, underequipped, discount, cut-rate tack-see drivers, it comes as no surprise that you have the same problems that we always have had. You just get them for less compensation than do we.

Pax that send the “anchor” out at the 4:30 mark

"Is this everyone who is going? No?" [doors remain locked]

Five minutes expire, cancel, passenger did not show up.

”Sir, I just need a pack of cigarettes and some wine. Is there any chance you can buy for me and I’ll repay you with a very big tip in the app?”

Add that to the list of Complaints About PAXholes: customers who ask you for cash or to buy something and promise to re-pay
you in-application.

When I get this one, my reply is:

I still drive a cab. I have a hard and fast rule that I acquired after two weeks of doing this: I NEVER take money out of my pocket. As this is still taxi service, albeit at a cut rate, the rule still applies. I do not care who or what you are, it dues not happen.

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

I've never had the guts to leave the 'anchor' person standing outside the car. Maybe I should try it out once.

For years, especially in certain neighbourhoods, the favourite anchor was a child. They figure that you are not going to put a child into the street. The key here is not to let them put the child into the car. One clue, at a private home, at least, is that they do not close the front door. If the weather is cooler, often adult comes out without a jacket. You always ask "Is everyone ready to go, right now?". If not, you tell them that the doors open when everyone is ready.

Once you get anchored, you are looking at a fifteen to twenty minute wait. At cab rates, the profitability curve starts to drop at fifteen minutes and at twenty, it goes over a cliff. This obtains despite cab waiting rates that are twice Uber/Lyft wait rates. At Uber/Lyft wait rates, there is no profitability.

cumonohito

Pax who leave trash in the cubbyholes of the car or back car seat mesh pocket
Pax who doesn't know the address where they are going
Pax who doesn't have light on evening pick ups when you cant see house #
Pax who is constantly texting or calling you as you are getting to pick up location
Pax is on opposite side of street when they see on app which direction you are coming
Pax who goes "are you uber/lyft?" as soon as they get in
Pax who doesn't want to identify themselves
Pax who describe what they are wearing when doing a pick up in a crowded area.
Pax that talk about their expensive belongings, parties attended, fancy places they visited, and do not even bother to thank or leave a tip
On drop off, Pax who open door without looking if other cars are coming

RideShare_Hustler

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).
4) Pax who ask me to fit 5 people in my Prius.
5) Pax who smell bad (I have a high threshold, but some really have nasty B.O.)
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
8) Pax who slam the door on my rear seat belt(s)
9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)
12) Pax who urinate in/around my car (happened to me Saturday night)
13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!

I don’t really have any emotions so nothing affects me. The only time I was slightly perplexed was when a female pax left period blood 🩸 on my seats.

Calirolla

Pax who throws up in back seat on 4/20, only the 2nd trip into the night. It was a wedding couple that said "keep going" when I asked them if they wanted me to stop. It was a smelly 30 minute trip. They handed me a bit of 20s for a cleanup fee.

mbd

1. Talking about grex with their girlfriends ... cat fight.... she is is b****, she is a c****, I think he is cheating .... I found this item in his bed:cautious:

Crosbyandstarsky

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
4) Pax who ask me to fit 5 people in my Prius.
5) Pax who smell bad (I have a high threshold, but some really have nasty B.O.)
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
8) Pax who slam the door on my rear seat belt(s)
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
12) Pax who urinate in/around my car (happened to me Saturday night)

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!
Why focus on complaining? I been driving 3 years and I don’t have complaints. I refuse to look at people that way

Young Kim

Why focus on complaining? I been driving 3 years and I don’t have complaints. I refuse to look at people that way

@Crosbyandstarsky, This is a thread kind of just for fun. I'm actually a lot like you. It takes so much to get me frustrated. Honestly I don't have any real complaints either... Meaning nothing ruins my day or depresses me that a passenger does. Since this is a community for sharing, I was just interested in what bothers the majority of us.

I thought of this one because of what happened to me the last two Saturday nights. when someone urinated in and around...in my backseat, and as you know because you replied to the thread the week before someone had fallen out of my car completely overwhelmed with drugs and alcohol. And I worried he might be in serious medical trouble.

For me, those two incidents actually rose to the level of complaints. Again, they didn't really bother me in the sense that I was angry, but definitely it was challenging. So I just started a thread to see and compile list of the main things that bother us about passengers.

It could be kind of a reference guide for new drivers, things to watch out for they could possibly happen to them. If they're aware of what could happen, then I think they could be better psychologically able to deal with it.

For example, it is a little bit scary and a minor complaint of mine when I'm dropping off somebody in a busy downtown street and someone whips the car open on the street side of my car and I'm scared that they might rip my door off as a result... from a passing car. if some new driver sees that, then they might be aware of what could happen, and advise each passenger while they're in the ride to exit the sidewalk side only.

I hope this helps, you understand me and why I created this thread. and to know that I am a lot like you, I do enjoy driving a lot, and for the vast majority of passengers I really do love and care for each and every one of them. Have a great day. ! :-)

IRME4EVER

Guess if some barfly pukes in your car, which technically shuts you down because of bio-hazard, you'd be ok with that??

For years, people looked at the cab driver as a means of getting rid of a "problem". When you ask them why they do not call the police, who are trained to deal with these "problems", they will tell you that they do not want this person "to have any trouble". DAMN, Sam! You do not care if I have a problem, now do you? Any dump job is bad news. If it is a hotel that wants to get rid of a homeless person, still, you have a problem getting him out of your car. If a hospital is dumping an unwanted patient, this patient suddenly decides that you are their hospital paid personal chauffeur for half the day.

I used to take these dump jobs, but, only after a grilling. On the hotel or bar dump jobs, usually, when you pulled up to the address, an employee would let you know what you were getting: "He's 'kind of drunk', so take care of him" or something like that. RIGHT; "kind of" drunk. Is that like being "kind of" pregnant? At any rate, I used to ask the employee "Does he want to go?". If I did not get a "yes", I left. When the employee brought out the drunk, the doors were still locked. I used to ask the drunk if he wanted to go. If he did not say "Yes", I left. If he said "yes", I asked where he was going. Once I learned that, I told him "you understand that I am being paid to take you to___________________, correct? We go there, only, with NO stops, not even at Seven-Eleven for a pack of cigarets Do yo u understand? Right?" I did similar for hospital dump jobs.

I stopped doing it because even though they did agree in advance, as soon as you get two blocks, they want to go here, there and everywhere. I took more than one drunk, homeless person or unwanted patient back to the point of origin when they started this nonsense.

These days, I simply do not bother.

As Uber/Lyft drivers ain't nothing but no unlicenced, illegal, under-insured, uninformed, underequipped, discount, cut-rate tack-see drivers, it comes as no surprise that you have the same problems that we always have had. You just get them for less compensation than do we.

"Is this everyone who is going? No?" [doors remain locked]

Five minutes expire, cancel, passenger did not show up.

Add that to the list of Complaints About PAXholes: customers who ask you for cash or to buy something and promise to re-pay
you in-application.

When I get this one, my reply is:

I still drive a cab. I have a hard and fast rule that I acquired after two weeks of doing this: I NEVER take money out of my pocket. As this is still taxi service, albeit at a cut rate, the rule still applies. I do not care who or what you are, it dues not happen.
I drove a cab for 12 years the stories I could tell. Went to Uber 11/2017 back then Uber was running cabs out of business (here in Arizona).
Today Uber is the underdog here. I am going back to driving a cab. The only difference between Uber and cab is, with Uber you are guaranteed to get paid. The cab driver's often deal with pax who bail out without paying. I had a lady tuck and roll going 45 miles an hour. Did she get hurt? I could care less!!
I had several people arrested for theft of services, I chased a lady 1 1/2 miles for non-payment, cops got her. Ironically there was a warrant out on her (I saved them the time of looking for her).
Here is the best one I had a 3.00 flag with a 3.00 per mile meter. It was in December (cold here in AZ at night) anyway picked this drunk female up from the casino, which actually was escorted out by security (she had driven there and valeted her car). When we got to her house my meter was at 7.00. She got out of my cab, I told her you still owe me 7.00 and I was right behind her. She was banging on her front door nobody answered, but her dog was barking. She told her dog "Gus" go get help. I am laughing this isn't Lassie. Well, she played her games for an hour. I was getting sick and tired of people stiffing me so I called the cops, meanwhile, my meter was still running. The cops show up and the female had gone into her house through the back door. Here is the kicker, she had no house number on her house so the cops had to figure it out with the numbers next door and across the street. They had me do a photo line-up of her the next night. Guess what she had 27 warrants on her, I helped the cops out again. You can't fix stupid!! Yes, I eventually got paid 52.00 (7.00 cab fare and 45.00 per hour wait time).

Last edited: