Can we make it to top 100 complaints about pax?

Young Kim

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).
4) Pax who ask me to fit 5 people in my Prius.
5) Pax who smell bad (I have a high threshold, but some really have nasty B.O.)
6) Pax who eat a big meal in a messy way.
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
8) Pax who slam the door on my rear seat belt(s)
9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)
12) Pax who urinate in/around my car (happened to me Saturday night)
13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!

Last edited:

tohunt4me

I wondered if we can get to the number 100 for top complaints about pax. That is a rather high number, but I think we can together a community get there. As the political slogan goes, "Yes We Can!"

I'll start:

1) Pax who make me go through a drive thru without letting me know beforehand (and the drive thru line is very long... in Chicago sometimes the drive thru is killer long).
2) Pax who keep asking me questions in a vexing manner with no real point in mind.
3) Pax who ask me to drive faster because they are late (and want me to violate safety measures).
7) Pax who exit the vehicle on the wrong side (street side not sidewalk side) and almost get my door ripped off
9) Pax who tell me that the app is wrong and that they know a better way (and imply I don't know where I am going) even though I know Chicago like my own house.
10) Pax who make me wait in a busy street for the two minute waiting period and do not text why
11) Pax who vomit harshly and fall out of my car e.g. in Park Ridge and lie there motionless (happened to me last weekend)
13) Pax who leave stuff in my car even though I asked them to make sure they have everything before they leave

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free!
14) pax who are Outside & SEE you in busy street
Yet continue their sidewalk conversation anyway !

Pax who don't have car seats for there children is my biggest no no.

Pax who use you as an escape route for them.

Pax who ask for drive thru - with me its a NO! Strictly! I dont have time for that shit. Or fall for the in app tip BS talk. I DGAF. Order online.

changing addresses never really bothered me, but some have. Like 30 miles difference! 😩

Pax that have the instinct of telling me where to go. This is my car. We go this way, i already been on the road for 8+ hours doing this. So stfu.

Some of the phone conversations you hear. Its amazing how dirty women can be. No lie! Its gross.

People trying to do drugs in my car, even ask me for some. Pull over and gtfo!

@Young Kim, once you pop your boot out cherry. It gets easier to do it more. My advice is to try it! 👍

Young Kim

22) People trying to do drugs in my car, even ask me for some. Pull over and gtfo!

@Young Kim, once you pop your boot out cherry. It gets easier to do it more. My advice is to try it! 👍

@WindyCityAnt , You are at number 22 with the last one. The next one has to start with number 23 (Michael Jordan's Jersey number). I am liking you broski more and more with each post I read of yours, lol. Your cynical humor is great! I'll add 23 to continue the numbering...

23) A lone creepy looking pax who sits directly behind me (and not across in the back) and does not say a word (late at night). Is he gonna choke me? LOL.

24) A group of really overweight people before covid when 4 could fit. With this one, PLEASE PLEASE understand I have NOTHING but love for all people, and do not discriminate (please do believe me). But a couple of times, my car was so weighed down by heavy pax my Prius dragged the speed bumps in a very rough scraping way (a Prius rides very low to the ground). And once when I drove up a ramp with my car overweighed, I noticed that my crappy hybrid engine had trouble climbing the ramp. This complaint may not be fair, because I really am not judging anyone's metabolism or body type... but this is simply a thread about anything and everything that gives an ant a headache, anxiety, annoyance, or frustration regarding pax. (I may delete this one if others think it is unfair). I want people to be totally honest and say want gives them difficulty, not necessarily judging a person based on things they cannot control. When I mention weight here, I am not complaining about the pax(s) themselves, only that carrying multiple overweight pax does to my crappy weak hybrid engine and my pathetic suspension.

25) Pax who say that they will SURELY tip you in the app if you do something "above and beyond". (Some may of course do this, but often they won't... and I wonder why they even would bother saying this... just do it).

26) Pax who keep on asking if I have an aux cord (DON'T DO THIS! They will play their own music to an uncomfortable dangerous level)

27) Pax who want to connect to my bluetooth. That is bad because then I have to disconnect from my own bluetooth headset and... this is a process.

28) Pax who ask if they can smoke cigarettes in my car.

29) Pax who ask if they can drink beer in my car.
Post automatically merged:

Pax who "help" you by walking toward the destination and expect you to pick them up. Like, I have an address, I don't know he's 5 blocks away and waving at me.

@OldUncleDave, that is an excellent one I did not think about...but yes it has happened to me and it is annoying! Yours is number 30) so, to copy yours word for word:

30) Pax who "help" you by walking toward the destination and expect you to pick them up. Like, I have an address, I don't know he's 5 blocks away and waving at me. (CREDIT given to @OldUncleDave)

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

I'll start:

I'll stop at 13 because that is my lucky number, for many reasons. But I want to know if others can chime in (maybe with interesting unique ones that annoy their "ant" proclivities): Please feel free! I know we can do it!!

No photos tonight. :eek: C’mon Kim you can do better than this.

MikhailCA

Pax who ask for drive thru always welcome, if there’s 10 cars ahead it’s even better. Can we remove it from the list?

The paxes who I think could be dangerous/crazy, those guys force me to check my door pocket for pepper spray/knife. Never used it, but there was couple situations I was ready for escalation.

Last edited:

Young Kim

Pax who ask for drive thru always welcome, if there’s 10 cars ahead it’s even better.

31) Pax who ask for drive thru always welcome, if there’s 10 cars ahead it’s even better. (Credit to @MikhailCA)

32) Pax who say I am Chinese even though I am Korean (assuming all Asians look the same)... (AHH, don't say it, just think it...maybe we do?)

33) Pax who ask me what do I do in my "other job" [Hey hey, we are all 1/3 of the way there already!]

MHR

34) Pax who are on a speakerphone conversation the whole 45-minute ride.

35) Pax who ask if I've been busy today.

36) Pax who try to tell me where to go so I can stay busy all day.
No thanks Brittany, shuttling you and your sorority sisters an hour a day for $2.62 minimum fares is not going to make me happy or wealthy.

Young Kim

Does this open the door to political discussions in this thread?

Buckle up!

@Taxi2Uber, of course! All are allowed! After all, we need to get to 100!
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if this makes the list...

Couples leaving a bar/party, and they start the argument. You know the one. "You were flirting with her"

I so much want a "Cone of Silence" in the back seat!!

38) Couples leaving a bar/party, and they start the argument. You know the one. "You were flirting with her" (Credit to OldUncleDave).

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Pax who climb over my seats instead of simply walking around to the other side of the car.
Pax who ask me to do a U-Turn to pick them up, when they are going in the other direction, thus requiring another U-Turn to get going on trip. (Just cross to the side of the road.)
Pax who are moving stuff, instead of just going from A to B. (My car is not a moving van. Order an XL!)
Pax who touch my shoulder (Never OK!)
Pax who order 3rd Party Rides, and then don't answer their phone when I've arrived and texted (Uber) or Called (Lyft)
Pax who drop their pin wrong and then ask to 'go a bit further' and now have to give you directions because you are 'off the route.'
Pax who cough without covering their mouth (Pre-Covid) or take their mask off (Covid-19)

Gone_in_60_seconds

I'll start:

Urination in public? Thought that was a misdemeanour in the great state of Illinois? LOL