Can uber riders use nicknames ( Fake names ) to request a ride ?!!

Uberring

Hello Uber drivers & riders ,

I am just wondering if uber clients can use fake names to request a ride or no ?
Because I did some trips with weird names like : Ghost ! - Motivation ! - Moon !
If yes , how come only driver must disclose their real names for riders safety ?!
And what strange or fake names did you see while uberring ?

MrsUberJax

They do all the time. It doesn't seem very secure if you ask me. If Mr. Joe Blow is my customer, how do they track him down if something happens, how do they know that his name matches the name on the credit card he's using? Unfortunate for sure and it happens all the time.

biozon

I started recording weird names.

I recently had a female pax with name "Patience". Although, I think it was her real name.

Jufkii

Hello Uber drivers & riders ,

I am just wondering if uber clients can use fake names to request a ride or no ?
Because I did some trips with weird names like : Ghost ! - Motivation ! - Moon !
If yes , how come only driver must disclose their real names for riders safety ?!
And what strange or fake names did you see while uberring ?
I posted some of these in another thread. I've picked up X, ZZZZ, Poupile, Z, Peaceful, Sunshine,Drummerboy. Weird foreign names as well with no idea how to pronounce them properly. All were okay riders.Their money is as good as any other riders as well. though I wonder though what some of them rated me

Uberring

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So this is lowering our safety ( as drivers ) if riders can use nicknames we should use nick names as well .

biozon

I totally agree. I also think we need to get rid of driver photos and vehicle licence plate. There is absolutely no need in licence plate identification in the confirmation or receipt. Vehicle make and colour is totally sufficient.

observer

I once bought a car from a guy named Bozo.

It was actually the name on his drivers license.

Uberring

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I totally agree. I also think we need to get rid of driver photos and vehicle licence plate. There is absolutely no need in licence plate identification in the confirmation or receipt. Vehicle make and colour is totally sufficient.
I would say the license plate # is necessary because it is the only unique thing will be . (Car make&color can confuse the rider somehow )
But real name and picture !! we should be able to use nicknames (If we want ) as riders do !!