Can Uber get more shady?!?!?

a_Magillacutty

This basically proves the theories of behavior control.

"The program was also used to glean data on drivers who worked for both companies, and whom Uber could target with cash incentives to get them to leave Lyft, said these people, who added that the program was discontinued last year."

While I'm confident that we've benefited from these tactics, it raises serious concerns about what else they have done or would do to manipulate us. It makes me want to drive exclusively for Lyft.

Chapindc

Make it 3. This, Greyball and the possible violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
giphy.gif

yankdog

To answer the title of the thread: Uber can ALWAYS get more shady

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dara make a Jeff Jones-like exit. PR spin 'want to spend more time with the family' i.e. 'I had no idea what a shitshow this was gonna be'
Jim Jones exit might be more appropriate

Nats121

This basically proves the theories of behavior control.

"The program was also used to glean data on drivers who worked for both companies, and whom Uber could target with cash incentives to get them to leave Lyft, said these people, who added that the program was discontinued last year."

While I'm confident that we've benefited from these tactics, it raises serious concerns about what else they have done or would do to manipulate us. It makes me want to drive exclusively for Lyft.
How do you know Lyft hasn't done similar things?

New2This

How do you know Lyft hasn't done similar things?

Anything Uber does, Lyft does or wants to do.

Lyft is just as shady as Uber, even moreso in their treatment of drivers.
Uber is straigbt-up with their disdain for drivers. Lyft is passive aggressive in their disdain.

Lyft gets a pass because no company that has pink branding can be evil right?

HPClays

I haven't read the WSJ article because I won't pay money for hack journalism, but the other articles about this don't seem to show Uber doing anything but offering more money and ride requests to drivers that also drive for Lyft...good for them.

It would be shady if they were punishing double-appers, but luring us back with more money is how it SHOULD be done.

I don't. But I don't have evidence like an FBI investigation to support the theories that they are. Also, Lyft doesn't appear to be as ethically challenged as Uber.

Also, if the "Russia collusion" investigation shows us anything, an "FBI investigation" isn't evidence of jack squat. I not sure the word evidence means what you think it means.

THE MAN!

Uber is making the cab industry look like a bunch of nuns. This company in the end is going to be so regulated it's not going to be funny! This was a company in beginning that was demanding no tax & regulation because they were apparently operating in the clouds.