Can Uber discriminate Independent Contractor

Mapnik

passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood. passersby were amazed at the unusually large amounts of blood.

Whatevs

Even though for years they said that the ping goes to the closest driver and that Quests are random, their most recent email of 180 days of changes said that Quest are partly due to acceptance and cancellation rates too. I would not at all be surprised if that is a huge factor into where pings go as well but they'll never admit it. How many of us have said that the passenger was sitting in our back seat and we had them request and it went to a different driver.

Bigbadb91

Yea and if your doing better than that $15/hr mark it seems to slow down for me unless the demand is really there, or if your close to some quest your screwed unless really busy

There has to be some algorithm in their software that does this... damn dirty bastards

Mad Medic

Even though for years they said that the ping goes to the closest driver and that Quests are random, their most recent email of 180 days of changes said that Quest are partly due to acceptance and cancellation rates too. I would not at all be surprised if that is a huge factor into where pings go as well but they'll never admit it. How many of us have said that the passenger was sitting in our back seat and we had them request and it went to a different driver.
Had that yesterday morning 640am a pax talking to me about getting her to work after all the app issues Wed night into Thurs morning. Uber had trips just disappear once you accepted, app freezes. navigation umables, rider dest not seen until after already dropping pax off, sending to the wrong addresses, assigning wrong destinations, etc

I got a trip and had to cancel on this woman. I had her before, recognized the unique name and subdivision, just didn't remember what street or address in this big sub.

I arrive exactly where the pin is AND the exact address house and Uber app matched. I waited, didn't really want to cancel so I waited and then I drove on 2 adjacent blocks just in case the pin was east or west of this house because Ive had this woman before and she was toes to the curb.

So I cancel as rider no show and as I'm leaving the subdivision, about 6 blocks later stopped at a stop sign I can see this woman to my left about 8 houses standing toes to the curb.

So I pulled up, talked to her, explained what happened, told her I had already cancelled. She agrees to order again cause Im there at her house.

She then tells me she's getting Mark 9 minutes away. I said cancel and just reorder, Uber wont charge if you cancel that fast.

She reorders and gets a different car/driver 5 minutes away.

All I could do was apologize, telling her that Uber is supposed to dispatch the closest car.

I did a Support ticket and little detailed response came back but they said that while Uber tries to send the closest car, There Are Also Many Other Factors Uber uses to decide which car to send.

Hmmmm. Whats that mean?

I'd be happy to post the support ticket if someone tells me how we can do that to the forum.

ROUGUE X

I think Uber in particular has reached a point where both riders and drivers are in a state of disgust.

Reactions: MHR

Mapnik

I think Uber in particular has reached a point where both riders and drivers are in a state of disgust.
yeah, maybe, but the riders will keep going for it because it's so damn cheap, dirt cheap in fact so they'll still buy it and just complain more. Drivers can be disgusted - just walk away, then, see if they give a shit; they'll just lure in 300 noobs this week to shoulder the bullshit.

Tom Harding

I think if you cancel a trip as a "no show" you won't get matched to that rider for a while (maybe 12 to 24 hours). read that some where.