• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can u guys still cancel rides??

Fatjoe

I haven't been online since the new update but the word on the street is that you can't cancel trips anymore!! This means u can't wait out surge and have to accept that 18 min trip for a $5 ride bs !!! Or not accept the ping and get deactivated for low acceptance...any info?? This is a game changer for me...

Uzcaliber

I simply ignore pings more than 8 minutes away. Why waste your time, gas, and stress when it's so far away. Sometimes I have riders cancel it while I was on your way there, very frustrating.

SkipBarber

I've had some of my best fares going 10 minutes away.
I'm pretty sure canceling trips without a reason has always affected driver profile, but you'd probably know more than me.

PariseRules

You guys make me sick. If you decide to be an U B E R driver then do your fricking jobs, take all requests and stop whining about fares. You are full of crap if you say that taking all requests is not profitable. You can BS the public but I as a U B E R MPLS driver who does an average of 50 trips a week know that you are just lazy and want to complain no matter how much you make if you whine about fares and payments.. Grow Up, DO YOUR JOB OR GET OUT.
PERIOD

Last edited:

Goober

You guys make me sick. If you decide to be an U B E R driver then do your fricking jobs, take all requests and stop whining about fares. You are full of crap if you say that taking all requests is not profitable. You can BS the public but I as a U B E R MPLS driver who does an average of 50 trips a week know that you are just lazy and want to complain no matter how much you make if you whine about fares and payments.. Grow Up, DO YOUR JOB OR GET OUT.
PERIOD
Lol...noob

Goober

PERIOD
It states in the agreement that we can reject requests...sometimes driving 20 minutes doesn't make sense, sometimes it does. Sometimes they're 17 minutes away and a 4.1*, not driving that far to wait 10 minutes.

PariseRules

It states in the agreement that we can reject requests...sometimes driving 20 minutes doesn't make sense, sometimes it does. Sometimes they're 17 minutes away and a 4.1*, not driving that far to wait 10 minutes.
It also says that you don't have to turn on the ap and work for the company. Brilliant thought to turn down requests. Grade A attitude for a SERVICE BUSINESS AS WELL. It makes much more sense to sit an your lazy ARSE and wait for a request that is 1 minute away even though it takes an hour. Then when you are stuck with a $4.00 fare you can @@@@@ and moan about U B E R some more.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. What other rights is U B E R infinging on?

LMAO... WHAT A JOKE

Last edited:

merkurfan

We are all in this to make money OUR way.. Goobers way is different than your way PariseRules.. who cares whos way is used? take every rider offered to me? no. but I am not as picky as others but I am NOT chasing a 4* 25 minutes... not gonna happen. But you are more than welcome to. Bring your above attitude with you.. I am sure they will love you.

SkipBarber

I agree that people have the right to refuse rides....who cares? More rides for me! But, as for basing a pickup on ratings? No @@@@ing way. Ratings are so random. I picked up a 2 last night (I'd never even seen a pax with lower than 3.8). Drove him from S. Mpls to Burnsville. Towards the end of ride, I asked him how many times he's taken uber (thinking it had to 1 time with a bitter driver). He replied, "a handful". I was stunned...guy was nice enough. I asked him why he would have been rated so poorly. He said he had no idea and said "I tip well"...I told him if he tips anything, he should be given a "5" as 85% of riders do not tip. He gave me a 20 dollar tip on top of a $29 fare. Go figure. Ive also noticed that a lot of the pretty women that I pick up are rated lower. I honestly think this is the Somali Muslim drivers feeling guilty for their feelings or possibly some dork driver that didn't get enough of her attention. What other explanation?

merkurfan

if they are in my bubble I'll pickup low rated riders. but drive across town/ No. thankfully mpls is so over saturated with drivers.. there is always someone close to the rider.

merkurfan

Nope.. would not have to. someone else would be close to get the ping. low rated riders tend to get passed around.. decline.. decline.. till someone goes and gets them.

PariseRules

We are all in this to make money OUR way.. Goobers way is different than your way PariseRules.. who cares whos way is used? take every rider offered to me? no. but I am not as picky as others but I am NOT chasing a 4* 25 minutes... not gonna happen. But you are more than welcome to. Bring your above attitude with you.. I am sure they will love you.
Well thank you for your permission. BTW my riders do love me. I take every request and average about 25.00 an hour plus tips on top of that. So you do it your way and @@@@@ and moan and I will do it my way, earn, and ride happily ever after.

Goober

Well thank you for your permission. BTW my riders do love me. I take every request and average about 25.00 an hour plus tips on top of that. So you do it your way and @@@@@ and moan and I will do it my way, earn, and ride happily ever after.
The funny part is how you think you're making more tHan anyone else. What is your average after accounting for miles at the standard $.56/mile?

You also make statements as if you were gainfully employed, when in reality you're simply utilizing a technology.

I pick up +10-20 minute ETA'S everyday. It takes the intuition aquired through thousands of trips to know when to let it go to the next guy.

Goober

It also says that you don't have to turn on the ap and work for the company. Brilliant thought to turn down requests. Grade A attitude for a SERVICE BUSINESS AS WELL. It makes much more sense to sit an your lazy ARSE and wait for a request that is 1 minute away even though it takes an hour. Then when you are stuck with a $4.00 fare you can @@@@@ and moan about U B E R some more.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. What other rights is U B E R infinging on?

LMAO... WHAT A JOKE
His point was that if you are sitting in a juicy surge, you don't take a non-surge request outside of it. You accept, cancel, other until you get a fare at the 4X. Now it may affect acceptance ratings.

Luckily for us, some idiot signs up every day to take those requests

PariseRules

The funny part is how you think you're making more tHan anyone else. What is your average after accounting for miles at the standard $.56/mile?

You also make statements as if you were gainfully employed, when in reality you're simply utilizing a technology.

I pick up +10-20 minute ETA'S everyday. It takes the intuition aquired through thousands of trips to know when to let it go to the next guy.
` the funny part is... YOU CAN'T READ!!! I didnt say anywhere that I was making more than anyone. I simply stated what I am making... I dont give 2 shts what anyone else makes. I do think though that they should shut down drivers for canceling rides based on ratings and to far away from the rider if it is too frequent. I also believe that if a rider requests a ride, we get notified, we should take the trip. not cherry pick it.. CHERRY PICKERS SHOULD BE BANNED. it does the whole system a disservice if drivers cancel rides. The other big issue is always reading these complaints drivers have. YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT DO IT. LEAVE AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WORK WITHIN THE SYSTEM.

Last edited:

Goober

And I can promise you 1 thing goober. i do make more per mile and per hour than you do and have a HIGHER RATING and will be here long after you quit or U B E R QUITS YOU.

PERIOD. And i have been with U B E R over a year so maybe you are the IDIOT YOU ARE REFERRING TO.. It sure isn't me son.

One more thing, if you think it is ok to cancel non surge rides until you get a surge trip, THAT IS TOTAL BULLSHIT AND in my opinion if drivers do that they should be BANNED.
Except that I've been on UberX for over a year and 5 months (full time), could care less about my ratings (they're fine, I earn my 1 stars), and guarantee I make more money than you with less dead miles. I was even with Uber a year before I began uberx as uber black with a limo company I used to work for.

Fatjoe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hahaha... I'm glad I don't have to take 50 trips a week...I have a real job that makes real money...I just mess with uber for surges and to get outta the house a little bit...I haven't drove in a month...I don't waste my time for McDonald wages...have fun boy!!