Can u drive Uber if you are on disability?

UberwhoIaM

insurance fraud that is!

Clarification: if you are out of work collecting any money for being out that is.

UberwhoIaM

Don't tell the insurance company anything! If you plan on collecting any amount of money from this insurance company whether it be in weekly checks or a lump sum get a lawyer immedietly. Every day you hesitate in getting a lawyer will just cause problems in the end.

The worker's compensation laws in New Jersey do nothing to protect the worker. They were designed a very long time ago to protect the companies from going bankrupt due to lawsuits from liasbility so the other employees would not lose their jobs. The system is antiquated and does nothing to protect the worker. Anyone suffering a serious injury while at work who doesn't seek help from a lawyer is doing themselves an Injustice

Last edited:

freeFromUber

The co
Maybe headed to workers comp due to a bad back. Can I still drive Uber?
The correct answer is....it depends. If you are disabled for you own occupation, you may be able to collect and Drive also. If you are disabled for ANY occupation, you cannot Drive.

Tommy Tours

If it's permanent disability you can make up to abt $1,140. Regular disability not sure I would say no, plus if you do due it don't tell a soul.

Lightning1181

If it's permanent disability you can make up to abt $1,140. Regular disability not sure I would say no, plus if you do due it don't tell a soul.
Yeah but those 1099 will come back and bite him in the azz. The OP would be better off driving pizza or food for a mom & pop who pays cash. Any earnings during his time of disability that is paid "on the books" can & will be construed as insurance fraud. 10 years ago anyone might have gotten away with it, not anymore however. The paperwork is all electronically filed and any agency can request or see it. Again, if the OP were a friend of mine and was dead set on working for the money, I would strongly push him towards a cash job.

jccarlin

Yes if you report the income to the insurance carrier and they will deduct from your weekly payment. So why do it? Also depending on the type of injury it could come back to bite you in the arse when you are going for your permanent partial disability award. Consult your attorney, that's why they get their percentage of your award.

SuzeCB

The co

The correct answer is....it depends. If you are disabled for you own occupation, you may be able to collect and Drive also. If you are disabled for ANY occupation, you cannot Drive.
There are a lot of variables and the only accurate answer in this whole thing is to get an attorney. Now.