can u become rich doing UBER ?

LAboy

HAHHA it sounds stupid but how much do you all make out there?
me am just doing Ubereats and grubhub on my motorcycle
the most i made is 1200 a month
i see a lot of people doing Uber i wonder how much do you all make a month?ube

EphLux

Yes you can become rich driving Uber:
1) Money Laundering previous, illegal wealth
2) Buy winning lotto ticket at 7 eleven between fares
3) Lose a limb in accident during stage 2, other fully insured driver 100% at fault with dashcam video evidence
4) intoxicated drug kingpin leaves briefcase stuffed with $100's in your car at 3am

...and many other ways

Benjamin M

Depends on how you define "rich," I guess. I am making 20-25 an hour driving in and around Richmond, VA. I drive long enough each day to make at least $100, lately I've been coming home with around $150 between Uber and Lyft.

One always has to factor in depreciation, gas, maintenance, etc. I am driving a 2018 vehicle that I leased (I'll be financing it) in December, already has 11k on the odometer.
It boils down to your area, your customer service abilities, and your patience with people.

GGood luck! :smiles:

TheDevilisaParttimer

Depends on how you define "rich," I guess. I am making 20-25 an hour driving in and around Richmond, VA. I drive long enough each day to make at least $100, lately I've been coming home with around $150 between Uber and Lyft.

One always has to factor in depreciation, gas, maintenance, etc. I am driving a 2018 vehicle that I leased (I'll be financing it) in December, already has 11k on the odometer.
It boils down to your area, your customer service abilities, and your patience with people.

GGood luck! :smiles:
Don’t finance that car. You lease for only as long as have to, then go get a proper loan for a car.

Benjamin M

Don’t finance that car. You lease for only as long as have to, then go get a proper loan for a car.
I had every intention of financing a vehicle, decided to lease this time around for the payments and lack of interest rate. Even prior to driving U/L I have put massive amounts of miles on my car.

Benjamin M

Brother love yourself enough to take that leased car back as soon as your able.
Why? I got a great deal on it. Financially it made more sense to lease right now. A lot of people lease with the intention of financing after the term expires.

Don't worry about me. :smiles:
Post automatically merged:

Wait. How is leasing practical? Dont they have mileage caps beyond which the extra miles cost a lot?
Not a concern if you finance at the end of the lease period, see above.

Benjamin M

A lot of people make bad decisions. None of those lease cars make financial sense. I’m sorry for interfering in your business.
My credit isn't the best at the moment. I was able to get the car that I wanted with reasonable payments and perks for life at the dealership thousands below MSRP, and not paying any interest for three years.

This gives me three years to get my score back up (I had 1.9% APR on my last vehicle) and then find my own financing for the remainder of the amount, not worrying about mileage.

So, yes, it makes sense. People generally do not look at leasing outside of returning the vehicle at the end.

TheDevilisaParttimer

My credit isn't the best at the moment. I was able to get the car that I wanted with reasonable payments and perks for life at the dealership thousands below MSRP, and not paying any interest for three years.

This gives me three years to get my score back up (I had 1.9% APR on my last vehicle) and then find my own financing for the remainder of the amount, not worrying about mileage.

So, yes, it makes sense. People generally do not look at leasing outside of returning the vehicle at the end.
Wow I thought you were leasing by the week through hertz or drive time

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
You can become rich doing a lot things. How much are you willing to save vs. spend? What are you doing with that savings? The key to becoming rich is to live poorly now and put money away in sound investments. There are a lot of people who live rich lifestyles now but are building a mountain of debt that will haunt them for decades.

Hey I know, let's ask @emdeplam whether a person can get rich driving for Uber. In a brand new car.

TheDevilisaParttimer

You can become rich doing a lot things. How much are you willing to save vs. spend? What are you doing with that savings? The key to becoming rich is to live poorly now and put money away in sound investments. There are a lot of people who live rich lifestyles now but are building a mountain of debt that will haunt them for decades.

Hey I know, let's ask @emdeplam whether a person can get rich driving for Uber. In a brand new car.
My nickname for that one is facepalm now.

Christinebitg

The key to becoming rich is to live poorly now and put money away in sound investments. There are a lot of people who live rich lifestyles now but are building a mountain of debt that will haunt them for decades.
That is so true!

When my Significant Other starts to comment on what other people are buying, I point out that you can't know where their money is coming from. All you can see is the level of consumption. In many cases, they borrowed the money for that Mercedes.

When I was driving full time last year, on a big week, I'd gross $500. That's gross revenue, before costs are deducted from it, including using up my car. For tax purposes, I was profitable, but not by a lot.