Can this get me booted?

cleansafepolite

I wrote to uber support asking if it was ok if i had regular passengers..people who request a ride while already sitting in my vehicle. I had read somewhere that if your family and friends ride uber and cosistantly rate you 5 stars you will be booted imeadiately for tampering with the rating system...If someone has requested that i be thier regular driver then they will be sure to 5 star me everytime....with 4 or 5 or more regulars it may give a red flag and get someone booted for manipulating the point system...just thinking it would be great to have regular customers ...beats waiting for the app to find me a fare? Anyone have regulars and has anyone gotten any correspondence from uber asking to cease and disist. I have done some searches however the keywords of whatever i put in seems to pull up mountains of other non related posts...like 30+ pages of results... edit...sorry if i lead anyone to believe i was asking to just take rides without the app...i wouldnt do that. i certainly would not qrite uber asking if i could do that.

Last edited:

taxisuper

Are you serious. You wrote to Uber to ask them if it was OK to screw them out of their 20% cut? Get a clue. By the way, unless you have commercial insurance your regular passengers are not covered by anyone in the event of an accident.

gaj

He didn't say anything about going around Uber to get paid.... "people who request a ride while already sitting in my vehicle" seems pretty clear that he is just showing up to be the closest driver before they request the ride.

g

observer

Here, I copy/pasted the relevant part of his post.

Screenshot_2015-12-16-17-59-44.png

Uber 1

I guess the moral of the story is to just be close when your friends ping BUT don't pre plan it ......wink wink

Andy

taxisuper

He didn't say anything about going around Uber to get paid.... "people who request a ride while already sitting in my vehicle" seems pretty clear that he is just showing up to be the closest driver before they request the ride.

g
I doubt that's what he's talking about but if it is he has done one of two things. One picked up someone who already ordered a ride from Uber and therefore screwed one of you or, two, he's picked up a street hail. Either one is pretty low.

EcoboostMKS

Who charges friends and family for rides? And even if you did, why cut uber in? If anything happens, you're just giving a family member a ride just like anyone else would. It's not business.

taxisuper

Who charges friends and family for rides? And even if you did, why cut uber in? If anything happens, you're just giving a family member a ride just like anyone else would. It's not business.
AKA insurance fraud. If you jokers don't think that the insurance companies aren't wise to what's going on and won't investigate you're living in another galaxy.

EcoboostMKS

AKA insurance fraud. If you jokers don't think that the insurance companies aren't wise to what's going on and won't investigate you're living in another galaxy.

Every uberx driver outside of NYC and the ones with rideshare insurance are committing insurance fraud.

And my suggestion is to not charge friends and family for rides. Those things are typically free.

cleansafepolite

I doubt that's what he's talking about but if it is he has done one of two things. One picked up someone who already ordered a ride from Uber and therefore screwed one of you or, two, he's picked up a street hail. Either one is pretty low.
Hey high and mighty...were you eating paste the whole time they were teaching how to read?

PHXTE

Lol, exactly.

If you've got preplanned rides, don't run them through the system. Who cares what Uber thinks, they'll never know. Why give them a %?

cleansafepolite

Lol, exactly.

If you've got preplanned rides, don't run them through the system. Who cares what Uber thinks, they'll never know. Why give them a %?

This not anything close to what i was asking about...if anyone rides in my car with my app off im doing it for free. I dont want cash, i dont want them sueing me either...also if they are some kind of wierdo you have no proof or record..you might end up like those cats in the movie deliverence....banjo starts playing. and nobody will know where to find you or who has you locked in a trunk like the gimp from pulp fiction. The app keeps you safe(r)

Uber Monkey

I have had a few "regular" riders. Not friends or family, just riders that made regular decently long trips (to and from work). I positioned myself to be nearby when they normally called for a ride and a good portion of the time I was the closest driver. It is the same thing as going to a venue when people are leaving. Most of the time I would pick up my regular rider, sometimes I got another call before they made the request, and sometimes there was no request.

Jdemonto

You can do this but picking someone specific up at a venue is near impossible unless they meet you away from the chaos. After Feb 2016 the fine for a street hail is $1500 just don't do it near any Phoenix Police I got lectured last night and got lucky on a $300 illegal parking ticket.

cleansafepolite

You can do this but picking someone specific up at a venue is near impossible unless they meet you away from the chaos. After Feb 2016 the fine for a street hail is $1500 just don't do it near any Phoenix Police I got lectured last night and got lucky on a $300 illegal parking ticket.
i did not know this. if someone is being picked up curbside in scottsdale shoping or bar district, does this apply? i dont see a way around this...like 30 percent of my rides. One more reason to stay away i guess. drop offs streetside? Ill look around but would be great to know...ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Jdemonto

i did not know this. if someone is being picked up curbside in scottsdale shoping or bar district, does this apply? i dont see a way around this...like 30 percent of my rides. One more reason to stay away i guess. drop offs streetside? Ill look around but would be great to know...ignorance of the law is no excuse.

I never had an issue in Scottsdale I'll pull over as far as I can and hit the hazards! The golf carts park just about anywhere so I say there isn't an issue there. I watched cabs in Phoenix dropping off but they are so quick I was stuck waiting 10 minutes you can't do that!

cleansafepolite

wonder if the ones who say "let us out here in the center lane of an intersection." could get you in trouble...i mean i cant stop them . Please be carefull is what comes out of my mouth.

Jdemonto

wonder if the ones who say "let us out here in the center lane of an intersection." could get you in trouble...i mean i cant stop them . Please be carefull is what comes out of my mouth.

Yeah I would at least pull over to the side of the road at minimum you can't control people.

Purple Monkey

cleansafepolite . What are you doing! Don't freaking overthink this Uber thing. Work smart and you'll be better off.
If this is your full time job, good luck. If not, then just work Friday and Saturday nights and call it a day. Saturday night is the best time by the way....
Start your app on Friday and Saturdays around 7pm and tough it out until 2am. During that period, you'll pick up some surges throughout the evening but don't chase them. Stay away from Mill ave as much as you can. Cheap @@@@ing students that don't ever tip and they'll pack as many riders in your car as they can and ask to go a mile or two.
You shouldn't have to work more than 14-15 hours every weekend and you'll probably make $300 -400 every weekend. Good luck and drive safe.