• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can Someone Please explain?

DSRM

I'm from Worcester, MA and I'm confused why my minimum fares keep coming up as $3 out of $4.

The current listed minimum fare on Uber's website is $6.05 for my area (I plugged in a 3 block trip on Park Avenue and it comes up as $6-8). I'm using the Uber Fare Calculator (it won't let me post a link though).

$1.20 base fare
+ $0.10/minute
+ $0.90/mile
+ $2.05 booking fee.
$5.00 Cancellation Fee (which I also never seem to see).

UberPyro

The difference is the booking ( and other) fees that Uber takes off the top THEN taking the 25%+ cut

CTridz

The difference is the booking ( and other) fees that Uber takes off the top THEN taking the 25%+ cut
Right. The full booking fee goes to Uber. Drivers don't see a penny of that. The fare is calculated this way: base fare + mileage charge + time charge. If the calculated fare is less than Uber's minimum fare for that region, the passenger will be charged the minimum fare (which is probably around $5). Uber will then take a 25% cut of the fare and pass the rest on to the driver. There may be other miscellaneous service charges which are visible to the passenger but not the driver.

Passengers have about 5 min from the time the request is made to cancel without penalty. I've heard that it might be 2 min in some regions. If the passenger cancels after that time period has elapsed, they are charged a cancellation fee. That is one of the few times Uber doesn't take a cut. The driver gets 100% of the cancellation fee.

BTW, I'm still a fairly new driver with Lyft and Uber. The information here is correct to the best of my knowledge.

IMG_2593.jpg

Example fares from Hartford, CT region.

David_G

Uber in worcester sucks period! I tried my best but too many $3 dollar rides. Uber's mediocre fares and its mediocre riders can suck my balls. Yes i said it u expect me to drive some1 in my brand new car for 45min for $4.75 suck my balls. You expect high standard for such lame rate pay. Drive into boston or dont uber all. Thats my policy. When they have no drivers left in worcester then they'll put the rate back up......... I'll say it again Uber suck my balls!. U dont deserve an intelligent,thoughtful and educated feedback other than suck my balls!
Yes im pissed off, the balls of some riders to come in my car leave there empty beer bottle chewing gum and drunk ass and to come aske me oh do you have an auxiliary cord? I dont think so for $4.75 and in some cases $3 . No! get out of my car.

EABlade

LOL Yeah I Hear you David.... DSRM, I wish you the best. Best advice know your "True Cost" to move your car so you know what your making. I used metrics on all my Uber....

UStaxman

$3.00 minimum rides can pay if there is sufficient volume (little down time between trips) as you will drive less miles and burn less fuel

6 minimum fare rides/ hour (assuming 5 minutes to get to and load rider and 5 minute rides)= $18/ hr

20 minute ride after 10 minutes getting to the rider will yield on average 1 ride/ hour as the drop off location might be out of a popular pick up area might only equal $15/ hr with significant more mileage and fuel

TiTua77

$3.00 minimum rides can pay if there is sufficient volume (little down time between trips) as you will drive less miles and burn less fuel

6 minimum fare rides/ hour (assuming 5 minutes to get to and load rider and 5 minute rides)= $18/ hr

20 minute ride after 10 minutes getting to the rider will yield on average 1 ride/ hour as the drop off location might be out of a popular pick up area might only equal $15/ hr with significant more mileage and fuel
Thats true I drove in worcester Sat night and had about 10 back to back with 2 cancel even thou They were $3-$5 ride i did better than went I go and pick up someone far. i did 5 hrs Sat night and made $122. those small rides pay offi in the long run. I started the night with 198 miles left on my tank, got home with 134

smoran26

Thats true I drove in worcester Sat night and had about 10 back to back with 2 cancel even thou They were $3-$5 ride i did better than went I go and pick up someone far. i did 5 hrs Sat night and made $122. those small rides pay offi in the long run. I started the night with 198 miles left on my tank, got home with 134
I agree with this. If you can basically plant yourself in an area (around a college) and get a slew of short ones without having to put many miles/burn gas - it can be profitable.