Can someone give our state rep a few pointers.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Welcome to the real world, Mr. Representative. If $571 in 50 hours is the best you can do, you might not be cut out for this line of work. More disturbing though is that Uber's background check approved a state representative. Maybe we do need fingerprints and a deeper background check.
Lol, right? That was my first thought, how the hell did he pass the background check?

My second thought was, we all think being an uber driver sucks. How bad does being a State Rep suck? Dudes taking out loans and working another FT job, wtf. Somebody call his office and tell him to check out this site, so he can get clued in on the rulz of the game! $571 gross, sheesh!
enhanced-buzz-5551-1308162992-8.jpg

pizza guy

Well we new they were desperate for drivers but resorting to Illinois politicians is a new low.
Considering the state budget this guy is probably even more clueless than most drivers about what he's really making.

BeingStewie

Welcome to the real world, Mr. Representative. If $571 in 50 hours is the best you can do, you might not be cut out for this line of work. More disturbing though is that Uber's background check approved a state representative. Maybe we do need fingerprints and a deeper background check.
I don't get what you mean by that. Background check is to check for criminal background, he probably passed cause he didn't have any felonies on his record.

I feel sorry for the money he made on uber but more so admire his reasoning to do this instead of suck up to another politician, hence owe them a favor.

We complained about politicians all the time, and sadly lack the ability to see a shred of goodness when it's facing us.

bossr

Yup, the real world wth uber. . . Not to mention uncertain job security, one week guarantee, next week boost, next week nada. . .

Jinxstone

I don't get what you mean by that. Background check is to check for criminal background, he probably passed cause he didn't have any felonies on his record.

I feel sorry for the money he made on uber but more so admire his reasoning to do this instead of suck up to another politician, hence owe them a favor.

We complained about politicians all the time, and sadly lack the ability to see a shred of goodness when it's facing us.
It's just a joke, Stewie. Politicians are often characterized as being disreputable, like used car salesmen and drug dealers. While it's great that he is trying to provide for his family, the reason he's not getting a steady paycheck is because he and his colleagues haven't done their job for the past year and passed a budget, whether with or without the governor's approval so my sympathy for him is somewhat tempered. In the meantime, he's taking money from someone who may really need the job. He was elected to conduct the people's business and if he had fulfilled his responsibility he wouldn't have to drive for Uber.

BeingStewie

It's just a joke, Stewie. Politicians are often characterized as being disreputable, like used car salesmen and drug dealers. While it's great that he is trying to provide for his family, the reason he's not getting a steady paycheck is because he and his colleagues haven't done their job for the past year and passed a budget, whether with or without the governor's approval so my sympathy for him is somewhat tempered. In the meantime, he's taking money from someone who may really need the job. He was elected to conduct the people's business and if he had fulfilled his responsibility he wouldn't have to drive for Uber.
Isn't he working to receive the meager money his making, how is he taking money away from someone else. In that way all of the drivers that already have a job and do this as a part time are taking away much needed from the ones doing this full-time. In the same logic you and every other driver dipping into a cab drivers income. I disagree with both premises. It is illogical, we are just moving with times, and No one is taking any money from anyone, we all are getting paid for all the hard work we put in, including the positive energy we bring in.

If politician are not doing their jobs, I believe than people are not doing their job to be well informed and elect the right people for the office. If the dysfunctional it represents the dysfunctional society we live in.

mahatma57

I think it is a good thing for a state rep to drive Uber for a while. Maybe he will be more sympathetic to drivers when legislation comes up.

pizza guy

Keep in mind that he was elected to a part time job that includes free health care and a pension. The position of state representative was not and is not expected to be a full-time job.
Now if he drove Uber before being elected that's a different conversation.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Well we new they were desperate for drivers but resorting to Illinois politicians is a new low.
Considering the state budget this guy is probably even more clueless than most drivers about what he's really making.
Rotflmao. He's probabky waiting on "funding from Washungton" or a grant!!

pizza guy

Illinois state representatives make $67k per year plus a per diem for every day the legislature is in session.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illinois_House_of_Representatives
The Speaker of the House who has held the position for over 40 years and writes property tax laws and is a partner at a property tax appeals firm admits his income at times exceeds $1 million a year.
It's the perfect scam. Write the law and anyone who makes the right contributions get a tax reduction.
Surprisingly enough the President of the Illinois Senate is also a partner at real estate tax reduction firm.