• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can Order Taxi in Uber App Sydney

Beepbeep41

I’ve had a few PAX tell me they have the option to order a Taxi within the Uber App in Sydney. Apparently it’s in the scroll section where you can order UberX, select or XL. Had a Pax tell me that’s why driver rates are better in Sydney because Uber is also taking %25 from Taxi bookings...

If so, when’s the QLD Taxi commission goin to come to the party and make rates better for ALL??

tigermanmantiger5

I’ve had a few PAX tell me they have the option to order a Taxi within the Uber App in Sydney. Apparently it’s in the scroll section where you can order UberX, select or XL. Had a Pax tell me that’s why driver rates are better in Sydney because Uber is also taking %25 from Taxi bookings...

If so, when’s the QLD Taxi commission goin to come to the party and make rates better for ALL??
I'm dumb. I don't understand half the stuff on here!!!!

Sameshiftdiffday

I think you will find that Uber actually started as an app to book a taxi (before taxi companies had there own apps) then they introduced a cheap version called UberX, and then UberXL & uber Black etc
That is why it is so funny when all of the haters go on about it ...

Beepbeep41

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nahh these passengers swore black and blue that they had the option to order a Taxi through the Uber App recently in the Sydney area. One passenger had actually ordered a yellow cab in Sydney with the Uber App!

Who is John Galt?

February 18, 2014 | Sydney
That article is nearly 4 years old. Is that still applicable?

Maybe some of the Sydney guys with previous taxi experience such as Mulder99 or fields could throw some light on this.