Can not access my Uber account after hit by a deer

Hudson Valley NY

I was driving a rider home after super bowl game and a deer ran into my car. I followed all of Uber’s protocol, pulled over, Made sure rider was ok, called 911, contacted Uber and spoke with them while we waited for police, got report. The rider was awesome through all of this, now I’m dealing with Allstate bc there’s damage to my vehicle. My car is drivable damage was a cracked bumper under headlight on drivers side and drivers side fender and door. Now I cannot access Uber app and rly unsure as to why? But it shows they’ve sent me 2 notifications which I can’t access them! Can anyone help me? This is killing me financially since I have to feed my kid!

doyousensehumor

I was driving a rider home after super bowl game and a deer ran into my car. I followed all of Uber’s protocol, pulled over, Made sure rider was ok, called 911, contacted Uber and spoke with them while we waited for police, got report. The rider was awesome through all of this, now I’m dealing with Allstate bc there’s damage to my vehicle. My car is drivable damage was a cracked bumper under headlight on drivers side and drivers side fender and door. Now I cannot access Uber app and rly unsure as to why? But it shows they’ve sent me 2 notifications which I can’t access them! Can anyone help me? This is killing me financially since I have to feed my kid!
I'm going to assume that they put your account on hold, because your vehicle is damaged, and now needs an inspection.

You should assume there only way to resolve this issue is to go to the Greenlight hub or deal with online "support".

Taxi2Uber

damage was a cracked bumper under headlight on drivers side and drivers side fender and door. Now I cannot access Uber app and rly unsure as to why?
Oh come on. Are you really unsure why?
But it shows they’ve sent me 2 notifications which I can’t access them! Can anyone help me?
Force stop the app. Log off Log in. And you should be able to read the notifications.
This is killing me financially since I have to feed my kid!
Can't drive until car is fixed, or add another car.
You'll likely have to pay the $1000 deductable.
Then you have to take pictures, all 4 sides of your car and send it in, then they will reactivate you, if all is good.

teh744

If it’s that important, maybe u should have a second vehicle....🚗 It doesn’t take much to be put in a jam.

Another Uber Driver

You will be out of service for some time. Uber has enough hoopties out there of which it is not aware. It has to know that they exist, it just does not know which ones. Further, when you submit your claim, you will get repeated requests for more documentation. They will take their sweet time investigating and paying. They might try to direct you to a lease car. You will pay an exorbitant amount of money to make very little.

dmoney155

Did the deer got away? I would've taken it to the butcher, lots of meat to feed the kid.

*money saving tip* The roadkill is your dinner... don't leave it on the road.

25rides7daysaweek

I'm going to assume that they put your account on hold, because your vehicle is damaged, and now needs an inspection.

You should assume there only way to resolve this issue is to go to the Greenlight hub or deal with online "support".
Dont ever contact uber
if you dont have to
You will now have an accident
on your record while you
wait for the repair

Seamus

They won't re activate you until the damage is fixed. There is/was a GLH in Brooklyn and the Bronx but don't know if they are both still open. Either way it is a waste of time until you get the damage fixed.

In the meantime sign ups for DoorDash or GrubHub food delivery. They don't inspect your car for food delivery. You may end up liking that better anyway. At base rates in NY you will make as much or more driving food around rather than people with 1/3 of the mileage and headaches.

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

First of all. The deer did not hit you!

Your headlights make deer freeze up. Then its the noise they react to.

Take responsibility for it. 😔 Slow reaction time, or speed was likely a contributing factor.

Your lucky the pax was cool about it. With out false claims.(i would have done the same)

You will not be able to drive for Uber until you pass an inspection now.

Very costly, personal insurance will likely do it cheaper yes. But they hate rideshare. They would drop you if you lie to them about it.

All they do is subpoena Uber for data. Who cooperates with them.

5☆OG

the lesson here is DO NOT CONTACT UBER FOR ANYTHING....we are all on barrowed time waiting for the false accuation or the minor damage to our car to b deactivated. unfortunetly,as with all things uber,there is no handbook only trial and error. you did the right thing and were punished for it. this is a common theme with uber. they punish excellence and reward no one. hope you can get the car sorted asap..good luck !

theMezz

Take responsibility for it. 😔 Slow reaction time, or speed was likely a contributing factor.
I bet you never hit a deer.
Post automatically merged:

You'll likely have to pay the $1000 deductable.
When I hit my deer, their was no deductible. Agent said with car-deer accidents their is no deductible. He said the deductible is to help cover costs of any litigation, and in the case of car-deer their is no litigation.

I got the full amount the body shop charged.

WindyCityAnt

I bet you never hit a deer.

When I hit my deer, their was no deductible. Agent said with car-deer accidents their is no deductible. He said the deductible is to help cover costs of any litigation, and in the case of car-deer their is no litigation.

I got the full amount the body shop charged.
Your right, i have never hit one. Has nothing to do with it,

But the deer never hits anybody!

They run from you as soon as they here a whisper!

Walking through a forest they would never approach you. Thats a fact.

Headlights freeze them. Until it freaks them out and run in any direction possible.

Again... Speed and reaction time are contributing factors almost 99% of the time. Let alone bad brakes.

Poachers use the freeze technique to hunt for them. Highly illegal!

IR12

You lost me at “hit by a deer”.