Can I take riders On my way home !!!!!

Robertk

if you are lucky, sure! However that rider may well end up going in the opposite direction and if you a decent person you will smile and gladly take them where they are going regardless of the direction you personally want to go. You can't know in advance which way the passenger is headed.

I do think that when a ride ends up near home we probably ALL feel a desire to quit for the day. True story- One day I leave my day-job at 5pm. I turn on the app and get a ping a minute later. The rider is a few blocks away. His destination was literally a few blocks from my house. So basically I did my normal evening commute (15 miles) but with the passenger made $35 instead of driving alone. After I dropped him off I just went home for the evening instead of driving more.

ChrisStrikers7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is this wrong ? Could I gamble I will get a ridder ? I pick myself up choose pool and hope to get one or two on the way home ? If thats dumb dont make fun of me lol

Robertk

That's an interesting thought! Doubtless Uber would not like it if they found out.

scenario 1- use the rider app to request pool ride home, use the driver app to accept request, drive yourself home with no other pings = you pay Uber fees = small loss

scenario 2- use the rider app to request pool ride home, use the driver app to accept request, drive yourself home with another passenger = you pay Uber fees but gain pool fare= small gain

scenario 3- another driver gets the ping, you cancel = small loss

scenario 4- Uber finds out and deactivates you = .... well some would consider it a gain, others consider it a loss.

doesn't seem worth it to me.

ChrisStrikers7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice write up lol love a good gamle once in a while, make a interesting ride hom cheering for the phone to go off

Uber_rat

There's an update to the app that allows you to set a destination and only pickup pax that are heading along your destination path. Some areas have it and some do not.

simpsonsverytall

Uber is a new thing called "match" or something similar. When I tried it it didn't work at all, but it was only one try, And I hope I have better luck next time

Tim In Cleveland

Is there any way to take people heading back to your house after working for a while ?
Melbourne Australia has this feature. Up to twice a day, you can set a destination and you will only be matched with riders going in that general direction. It's up to your local team to implement such a WONDERFUL feature.

Robertk

scenario 5- use the rider app to request pool ride home, use the driver app to accept request, drive yourself home with another passenger , but in this case your house is stop #1, and the passenger is stop #2. So you would have to drive home, end trip #1 (weird!), then drive the pax to his destination, then drive home again.

The real pax will certainly wonder why you went out of your way to drop off a non-existent pax --> complaint --> deactivate

That new feature would be great!

HoldenDriver

This is the feature people are referring to, it's actually called Driver Destinations:

https://newsroom.uber.com/driver-destinations/

It is only available in some markets, it is currently being expanded to 16 markets - though there isn't a formal list.

My reverse engineering of DD points to it requiring markets will small hexagonal surge grids - since those are used to determine the route/corridor that a driver is taking, and match trips accordingly. If you have large surge areas (large regions on the map, not small hexagons), don't expect DD any time soon.