Can I set address to other Oregon city when applying Portland Business License?

I'm trying to obtain Portland Business License. Could I set the address as my home address in another Oregon city (Corvallis)? I intend to pick up rideshare between Corvallis and Portland on weekends. Could this work? I'm very new to Uber.

phillipzx3

I live in Vancouver and have a Portland business license. Oh....and be sure to tell your insurance agent what you're going to do. They'll have a nice $8000.00 a year commercial policy for you to purchase if you actually want coverage.

Oregon law doesn't allow rideshare, no matter what the Mayor, Novick or Uber/Lyft tells you. They WILL canceled you if you get in a wreck. I know of 5 so far in the last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
By 'insurance agent' you mean my car insurance? I haven't updated it since I had the idea of working as a Uber driver.

And, according to your second paragraph, if I want to adhere to all the official laws and regulations, I should just stay away working as Uber driver, right?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW, if I passed the initial application to become Uber driver, but end up not taking many rides, let's say 4 rides and less than $200 in total in the next year, how much tax would I need to pay?

phillipzx3

By 'insurance agent' you mean my car insurance? I haven't updated it since I had the idea of working as a Uber driver.

And, according to your second paragraph, if I want to adhere to all the official laws and regulations, I should just stay away working as Uber driver, right?
Ask your insurance agent just to make sure. Most Uber/Lyft drivers seem to be willing to take the gamble.

There's an Uber driver being sued for a quarter million dollars in Portland because of the lack of insurance. The driver opened his door and a bicycle ride hit him ( drivers fault for not looking first).

You won't pay any tax on 200 bucks in Portland.

If you want to be 100% safe, just get a commercial policy. Every medical transport "mom-n-pop" outfit seems to be able to afford one. I'm at a loss why Uber drivers think they can't (afford proper insurance).

Last edited: