1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Can I sell Energy Shots during a Ride?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by ddcash, Sep 6, 2015.

1. ddcash

ddcash

Like put up a suttle little sign and tape a energy drink shot to it? For like $3/each?
    I know they say dont promote other businesses and all, but I think most bar uber customers would buy this.
    Thoughts?

2. 20yearsdriving

20yearsdriving

Driving:
    Livery
    Only intravenous.

FlDriver, Luberon and ddcash like this.
  3. ddcash

ddcash

Yay? Nay? Am I opening myself up to bad reviews, you think? I can get a box at Costco for $39 for 48 bottles. That's a little over $2 profit each. And I drive XL. Just an idea.

4. The over-entitled pax will expect it for free, and resent it. Uber resents you making money any other way than driving for them, and driving and driving which is the ONLY reason they refuse to add a tip option. You're an independent contractor, you have a right to do it.

5. Courtney2010

Courtney2010

Pax will get pissy with you that it is not free and rat you out.

6. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    It may not be legal. You would need to charge sales tax and pay it to the state. You could include that in the $3 (so the actual price would be lower). You'd maybe need a license. It would depend a lot on where you are and the laws there.

Basically you can't just open a store anywhere. Maybe you can depending on locality but you'd want to check first before getting in trouble.

7. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    who's car is it? are you an employee or a contractor?

8. Realityshark

Realityshark

Do whatever you want....It’s your car.

I'm sure there are plenty of Uber drivers selling all kinds of **** to their passengers. ..legal and otherwise.

9. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    I might be the only one who buys things from my riders.. it's one of the few reasons I still drive from time to time.. So.. why are to taking an uber today? If they say their car broke or they wrecked it.. I just ask them "are you going to fix it?" if they say no.. I then offer to come take a look at it and make an offer. Many times they are paying ME to go look at it because they are on their way home. I have been able to buy about 75% of them and made 300-2000 on each one.

10. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    Don't do passengers any favors. You're not a store on wheels and this could ding your ratings. Don't even give out water. Uber doesn't reimburse you so don't do Uber any favors either. Don't give out 5 stars to passengers that don't tip and don't pick up passengers with a rating below 4.4.

ddcash likes this.
  11. Realityshark

Realityshark

You've already sold your soul to Uber, you may as well try to get something back from your investment.

Ms.Doe and ddcash like this.
  12. Renaldow

Renaldow

Driving:
    UberX
    Get a box and try it for a week. You never know, could be a great idea. But you'll never know until you try. Bet you'll have pax saying, "Other drivers give those away for free!" though.

13. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    I say sell it.

Sell whatever. Making money is why you're driving for Uber. Which in and of itself, certainly isn't $ making.

As far as legality of retail sales -- you're already a illegal cab, being a street vendor is only a step up.

PS: put the sign on your visor... only after bringing up the subject of wares for sale, flip down the visor for: items and prices.
    It'll keep the odds in your favor of pax snapping a pic and sending it in for your punishment.

14. DexNex

DexNex

nothing wrong with it.

15. Luberon

Luberon

The only flaw in the idea is that Uber passengers are majority entitled cheapskates. Many will feel you collected free drinks from your employer (uber) only to sell it to them. Remember uberx customers sometimes split $7 fare three ways .. Ha!

16. GrandpaD

GrandpaD

Ah heck, go for it. Maybe add a chip rack hanging from the head rest, too.

mentholcase, ddcash and chi1cabby like this.
  17. merkurfan

merkurfan

Driving:
    UberX
    Ice cold soda here!! Get your soda!! Only 3.95 a bottle!! Free if I see you leave me 5 stars!!

ddcash likes this.
  18. How about some Ganja Mon?? :)

19. ATL2SD

ATL2SD

Driving:
    UberX
    It's your car do as you please. Just because you use Uber's ****ty app, doesn't mean you're their ***** for a few a hours a day.