Can I register a car with the TLC that is in someone else

Inshur

ala abedalnabi

Hi. Can I register a car with the TLC that is in someone else. my car registration under my wife name (she is doesn't have tlc license) but the tlc insurance will be under my name (I have tlc license)

Drive2bFree

You must prove that you own the car. I doubt a car registered in a spouse's name qualifies. Check the rule book.

You can set up an LLC for $200, make her an officer, register the car under the LLC then take it to TLC. 2 to 4 weeks.

ala abedalnabi

You must prove that you own the car. I doubt a car registered in a spouse's name qualifies. Check the rule book.

You can set up an LLC for $200, make her an officer, register the car under the LLC then take it to TLC. 2 to 4 weeks.
The problem the car finance. Any ideas?

Drive2bFree

I financed my vehicle and the loan is under my personal name.

At the DMV, I showed them my corporate papers with me as an officer.
The DMV switched registration over to my corporation while I was standing at the counter.

I'm going to do it again before November for another vehicle. I'll let you know if DMV gives me any flak this time around. Ask at the DMV before trying if you are very concerned.

Uber212

How you did that?
You will need a copy of the original title for Insurance and Registration purposes, this is if you're registering in NY. I see it says NJ under your avatar so if the vehicle is financed in and registered in NJ presently then you'll most likely have to order a copy of your title from the bank since NJ doesn't issue titles for financed vehicle unless paid and clear by the bank.

Call 718-204-5050, Lone Star Brokerage in queens NY. Ask for Majid. He will answer all your questions related to NY/NJ Tlc transactions. Good Luck

Inshur New York