Can I keep my TLC plates if my license got expired ?

Notyourdriver

So here is a little story..I got a new job so finished working for taxi. My License got expired (along with vehicles license) long ago but I still have TLC plates and TLC insurance.

Now question ! I want to rent out my car with TLC plates, but I have to pass inspection, to pass inspection I have to have valid license...! How do I do that ? Should I just surrender plates and get regular one ?

Cold Fusion

So here is a little story..I got a new job so finished working for taxi. My License got expired (along with vehicles license) long ago but I still have TLC plates and TLC insurance.

Now question ! I want to rent out my car with TLC plates, but I have to pass inspection, to pass inspection I have to have valid license...! How do I do that ? Should I just surrender plates and get regular one ?
I’m confident you’ll be better served in the NY City forum

As long as you’re DMV drivers license is valid and your Insurance and vehicle inspection are up to date you should be okay keeping your TC plates but remember you can not drive as For hire with out a valid TLC drivers license but you can still drive your vehicle for personal use or renting the vehicle to a TLC licensed driver as long he or she is listed in the Isurance policy. Personally I recommend for you to not surrender the TC plate as you may know the TLC is not issuing any more new ones to any one anymore!!