Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Can I get reimbursed for a flat tire incurred while Ubering?

19K views 53 replies 39 participants last post by  SuzeCB 
#1 ·
I ran over a huge nail and punctured a tire (it went flat within a minute) while I was online driving for Uber. Does Uber reimburse for the cost of fixing the tire?

#8 ·
Man, you guys are harsh. LOL.

I have dealership tires and the repair isn't covered under warranty, unfortunately.
Just a bit of tough love and witty rejoinders. Just roll with it and welcome to the Uber asylum!

The general rule of thumb is expect nothing from Uber and you'll never be disappointed. Two flats here during my time; it is just the cost of using your car as a taxi.

#20 ·
Not necessary. I also got Greenlight Hub to agree to buy me one of those as well.

By the way, this is what caused the flat. No bueno. I had to replace the tire.
Dang, that bolt is bigger than the office chair turn-knob that got lodged in my tire in June. After a 3 tire repair places refused to work on it and wanted me to buy new tires, I found a mom & pop repair shop to plug it. Because the tire tech thought it was close to the shoulder, he couldn't vouch that a plug would work, and so he didn't charge me. He just wished me luck getting to a tire shop. I drove on that free, plugged tire until early December and about 10,000 miles.

I understand a lot of tire shops do not want to plug tires for $10-$20, when they can sell a tire for 10x that price.

Yes, I have a plug kit in my trunk now. Plenty out there for under $20 and Wally World has one for $5.88. In my town, with all the construction, it is a wise investment.

#21 ·
The bolt punctured the tire head first and put a pretty big hole in it. It also hit just in the perfect spot to miss the tread. I couldn't tell for sure what the culprit was until the guy at the shop changed the tire and pulled that bolt out of it (from the inside of the tire).

So, I got a pretty good looking used tire and service for $60, all included. The good thing about this is I found a decent used tire shop. South Side Tire Services in Austin, if anybody wants to know. Good folks.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

#23 ·
If you had a lease with Uber their contract company would reimburse for 30 dollar plugs, but even they won't cover a whole tire. Asking if Uber will cover you is even crazier to ask, but you got your answer (apparently can work if you beg but doubt everyone will get same results because Uber).

#24 ·
I buy my tires at the same shop, all the time.
I've shopped him several times and he's never more than a buck or two more than the lowest price, AND he does tire repairs for free. AND he does my Uber inspections for free.

Reactions: Rakos and JK7
#33 ·
No uber won't cover it... When you buy your new tire, make sure you get the warranty so any flat tires they will repair it. Sears, NTB, Discrount Tire have good warranties
The tire stores charge a fortune for this - almost the cost of a new tire. I bought my last set of tires at Goodyear, and they wanted like $75 for the road hazard plan, but they fix flat tires for free anyway. So check with the tire store to see what free services they offer before paying for the road hazard plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.