• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Can I get reimbursed for a flat tire incurred while Ubering?

JK7

I ran over a huge nail and punctured a tire (it went flat within a minute) while I was online driving for Uber. Does Uber reimburse for the cost of fixing the tire?

JK7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man, you guys are harsh. LOL.

I have dealership tires and the repair isn't covered under warranty, unfortunately.

mrpjfresh

Man, you guys are harsh. LOL.

I have dealership tires and the repair isn't covered under warranty, unfortunately.
Just a bit of tough love and witty rejoinders. Just roll with it and welcome to the Uber asylum!

The general rule of thumb is expect nothing from Uber and you'll never be disappointed. Two flats here during my time; it is just the cost of using your car as a taxi.

OP, dont listen to these guys....you call up Rohit and explain the situation and he will get you that refund. Now, rohit may fight you on it at first but you stick to your story and they will come through.
I took your advice and got authorized for a refund from Greenlight Hub. Didn't take no for an answer! Thanks, Merc!
Is this for real? Uber actually covered your tires?

JustTreatMeFair

Congratulations! You have learned an important lesson. Putting Gas in your car is NOT the only expense of doing this!

Look forward to many more.

Steve_TX

Not necessary. I also got Greenlight Hub to agree to buy me one of those as well.

By the way, this is what caused the flat. No bueno. I had to replace the tire.
Dang, that bolt is bigger than the office chair turn-knob that got lodged in my tire in June. After a 3 tire repair places refused to work on it and wanted me to buy new tires, I found a mom & pop repair shop to plug it. Because the tire tech thought it was close to the shoulder, he couldn't vouch that a plug would work, and so he didn't charge me. He just wished me luck getting to a tire shop. I drove on that free, plugged tire until early December and about 10,000 miles.

I understand a lot of tire shops do not want to plug tires for $10-$20, when they can sell a tire for 10x that price.

Yes, I have a plug kit in my trunk now. Plenty out there for under $20 and Wally World has one for $5.88. In my town, with all the construction, it is a wise investment.