Can I get Lyft/Uber to stop texting me?

Slyster

I used my texts for family only.. so always check when I get one. Yet Lyft and Uber keep texting me the stupid inspirational messages, go get 'em messages, choose your own bonus, and tips on Final Four etc. I DON'T WANT THAT STUFF. Can I shut it off?

I have not looked if the sender number is always the same.. I should.. because then I can blacklist them.

Slyster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"You really don't know how to stop notifications from a number or block them?"

I do.. but I not know if they use the same sender number. I should, and will, find out soon. I now realize I should have checked that before posting this.. as I just blacklisted a few numbers tonight from them.. so I hope they always use the same number then my issues are over.

Last edited:

Merc Man

Good lord. Even a tech dimwit like me knows how to text “STOP.” Now you have the keys to the kingdom.

Slyster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I didn't know that.. thanks Merc. You can say STOP even if they don't say it in the text.

Last edited:

BruiserB

STOP is supposed to work for all automatic texts. I wonder if I might have done it at some point. I used to get lots of texts from Uber but now the only ones I get are to remind me to select my quest.

Uber1010

I used my texts for family only.. so always check when I get one. Yet Lyft and Uber keep texting me the stupid inspirational messages, go get 'em messages, choose your own bonus, and tips on Final Four etc. I DON'T WANT THAT STUFF. Can I shut it off?

I have not looked if the sender number is always the same.. I should.. because then I can blacklist them.
Simple just reply stop then they can send no more text