Can I get another vehicle without paying a new deposit my car was totaled 3 weeks after I got it.

KC4EVR

I could really use some help if anyone knows anything about this, I had just got started driving with Uber the beginning of March and had a 2014 Nissan Sentra which I leased through Xchange Leasing. I had made only 2 payments when a vehicle ran a red light and T-boned me at an intersection. (I was offline) The guy had full coverage, and so did I through ALLSTATE who totalled the car and was really quick too! However I am unable to get in touch with anyone at Xchange leasing to tell me if I can go get another car. The lease has been paid off by insurance, I had (and still do) have a perfect driving record. Allstate is keeping me without increasing my rates, so I am good to walk into the dealership, get a car and drive out! Also I paid a $400 deposit which I believe I should be able to use with the next car since I was only 2 weeks into the lease. Anyone know anything? Please I am going crazy not working and don't have any transportation either . I can't afford the price of a rental without income from driving......

LAuberX

Maybe a trip to an exchange showroom for answers?

Some have said Xchange is a one time/one car deal... please report back with the official answer.

KC4EVR

Maybe a trip to an exchange showroom for answers?

Some have said Xchange is a one time/one car deal... please report back with the official answer.
I made an appointment for tomorrow. I signed on to my app on the partner site and it said you are eligible for a leased vehicle from Xchange leasing so I went ahead and made an appointment LOL..... see what happens......

KC4EVR

Believe me I have been trying like hell to get an "official" answer..... They are so quick to make sure to take your money, and then send you to collections even though your car is lying somewhere in a junkyard waiting to get parted out....Even though the other guy STOPPED....Admitted he RAN the red light, was found 100% liable, and Allstate got it all in order really fast for me.....They have been horrible at returning their emails, phone calls and mine too. I am feeling like I am getting it in the "you know what" because I didn't do a damn thing wrong,, I could've said I was injured really bad too and worked this thing really good. But, nope, all I want is a replacement vehicle so I can go back to Ubering so I don't starve to death. You would think they would be happy to do it too considering the investigation found the car to be worth more then they even had put on the contract for the lease in the first place. They haven't lost anything..... And if they don't let me lease another car when this is all said and done WITHOUT making me pay a new deposit it just might be time to Lawyer up? Opinions please if any are there I really need some......... Thanks

LAuberX

LOTS of hidden costs with leasing a car from Xchange.... please keep us posted on the outcome!

KC4EVR

Well I was told they don't do "second chance" leases.... But you see, I don;t think in this case I am a second chance since I barely got outta the gate. I was 12 days into the " First" chance when I got TBONED BY A 92 BUICK RIVIERA! I didn't do anything to deserve a second chance for. They need to give me back my four hundred bucks if they don't wanna lease me another car. I have a perfect driving record, and still do, and as far as I am concerned this doesnt consitute a second chance. I read the lease agreement and there isn't anything about if you get smashed by another driver in an accident in the first few weeks and it doesn't really say anything either way....HMMMMMMM

SCdave

I would go to a National News Agency and try to sell your story.

Even try TMZ? Heck, monitize this any way you can.

If you don't get back your $400, and I would expect you will? Talk to Allstate about getting both the $400 Deposit and if you haven't already, lost wages included in the settlement from the other Auto insurance company.

KC4EVR

Yea I may as well try for it in my subregation whatever that is....my rental reimbursemnt.... I only worked for two weeks.... so i don't know if they will get me anything on the lost wages...But maybe pain and suffering....especially in the ASS....Because my ass hurts like hell from all this SHIT!

LAuberX

Thanks for confirming they do not do Second Chance leases.

Keep us posted on how Insurance deals with Uber and if your lease payments continue to pile up even though you can't drive the car.

KC4EVR

I am going to try to get the $400 back plus money for pain and suffering cause this whole thing has been a huge pain in the ass! Also Xchange leasing is now saying they are saying they have sent it someplace for "special consideration" and to please be patient and they will reply "soon" I am going to email them everyday, maybe twice a day.......I want another car.

I emailed them and said "can you please sending me payment notices on a car I don't have anymore" Also i went onto my account and removed the vehicle myself from the account ......LOL

SCdave

Yea I may as well try for it in my subregation whatever that is....my rental reimbursemnt.... I only worked for two weeks.... so i don't know if they will get me anything on the lost wages...But maybe pain and suffering....especially in the ASS....Because my ass hurts like hell from all this SHIT!
You did work/drive and with a long term lease commitment, you were committed to work, right?

How much should you be compensated for lost income? I can't say but it should be significant. Don't undersell yourself.

I'm not promoting anyone doing an Uber Xchange Lease (far far from this. Actual, NO ONE should). But I'm supporting you and your being compensated for the situation you are currently in.

KC4EVR

All I know is I am going to keep on emailing them every day, maybe even twice a day until they do something besides sending me BS responses. yesterday they did say they were doing a "special Investigation" into my accident and it's circumstances. I demanded they either give me a new leased vehicle or give me my 400 bucks back. They told me to be patient. I said I don't have the time or the money to be patient and that maybe someone from the SF Chronicle may like to get wind of how they treat innocent people like me. They got their car paid for and it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to get parted out and make more money I am sure. Everyone's a winner here but me and i didn't do a damn thing.... What's wrong with this picture??????? I was thinking about getting a car from Maven. I can't afford one from Hertz or Enterprize cause I don't have the deposit.... Anyone have any ideas I need a vehicle bad... Really bad....

SCdave

All I know is I am going to keep on emailing them every day, maybe even twice a day until they do something besides sending me BS responses. yesterday they did say they were doing a "special Investigation" into my accident and it's circumstances. I demanded they either give me a new leased vehicle or give me my 400 bucks back. They told me to be patient. I said I don't have the time or the money to be patient and that maybe someone from the SF Chronicle may like to get wind of how they treat innocent people like me. They got their car paid for and it's sitting in a warehouse somewhere ready to get parted out and make more money I am sure. Everyone's a winner here but me and i didn't do a damn thing.... What's wrong with this picture??????? I was thinking about getting a car from Maven. I can't afford one from Hertz or Enterprize cause I don't have the deposit.... Anyone have any ideas I need a vehicle bad... Really bad....
Contact TMZ. Uber has been in the news this year with many negative stories. Yours is interesting, relevant, comes from a different angle, and is first person (you).

I would look to make some $$$ off of this not do another Uber Xchange Lease) just too risky, right).

Look for other work. This is like someone looking out for you and whispering in your ear, "don't do it. Don't commit to another Uber Xchange Lease. They'll just screw you, again... "

Some might be able to make Uber Xchange Lease work, but most can and will not.

Good luck.

13uberA4

I think you will be screwed for your deposit, I'm sure the leasing company deducted the amount of the deposit and two payments subtracted from the total amount owed. That's the amount Allstate paid out. Id just stop worrying about getting your money back because your neck AND back are really beginning to ache. It is so bothersome it's effecting your ability to fuction with daily activities. You will need to see a doctor but unfortunately X-rays won't show anything, so an MRI will be needed. When they see your MRI, they will notice something that "could" be the source of your discomfort. So go see a doctor, and get that ball rolling. T boned a car that was totaled will probably be worth 50-80k in compensation to the driver's insurance company. Their goal will be to settle asap. So my advice is to go see a doctor after you notify both insurance companies what has developed. Sorry that the trauma had begun to affect you physically.

KC4EVR

Contact TMZ. Uber has been in the news this year with many negative stories. Yours is interesting, relevant, comes from a different angle, and is first person (you).

I would look to make some $$$ off of this not do another Uber Xchange Lease) just too risky, right).

Look for other work. This is like someone looking out for you and whispering in your ear, "don't do it. Don't commit to another Uber Xchange Lease. They'll just screw you, again... "

Some might be able to make Uber Xchange Lease work, but most can and will not.

Good luck.
You are probably right, (and I already have another vocation, I am an RN on disability x 5years I was doing this to give me something to keep me from losing my mind while waiting for one more surgery before MAYBE being able to go back to the career I actually love and worked getting my degree in!) Now I guess I am losing my mind....Just adding another issue to my already messed up situation! Yeah I think I will try to bring this to the attention of the media. I got a call this morning from Uber Xchange....It was the COLLECTIONS department trying to get a payment from me! They didn't even have any thing in the system about my car being totalled LOL...I let that lady have it too!

I have for sure had it now....This morning I got a call from Xchange Leasing...At first I thought oooohhhh maybe they are calling to tell me they are gonna gimme a car....But then the lady said she was calling to ask for payment that was delinquent on my Nissan Sentra! I went off on her too! She said as far as she had on her system the car was still being used and she had no record of any accident! I told her she could take her payment and stick it up her.........And that I wasn't making any payments on a piece of metal sitting in a wherehouse someplace waiting to get parted out so they could make more money ..... She said she would make a note on the account and hung up..... Right after that I got a FED EX with a copy of the check for 12,900 to XChange Leasing from AllState Insurance Dated on Monday for the accident and total loss for the 2014 Nissan Sentra leased to me..... What a total joke. I am so pissed off right now..... The lease was for 12,500. So, they made 400.00 from the insurance company, 400.00 from my deposit, and a couple extra payments they took outta my last weeks earnings the week of the accident. And they don't wanna lease me another car because they don't "do second chance leases" What kinda bull shit is that??? How do I get a hold of TMZ?

KC4EVR

Okay well I am pretty pissed off. They flat out say they will not give me back my $400 (per my lease agreement)...Now I read that thing(all 22 pages of it) and NOWHERE in it does it say anything about keeping your deposit if you are involved in an accident that isn't your fault, the leased vehicle is totalled, you have only been in the lease for 2 weeks, the liable driver's insurance pays off the vehicle in full and you didn't voluntarily default on the lease. IT doesn't say anything about that type of situation either way......SO, correct me if I am wrong but isn't it true if it isn't in writing they can't enforce it? I want my $400 bucks so I can go work for LYFT....screw UBER

DontLease

Have you called BAMA leasing? They are just as bad but little cheaper. I also had non injury hit and run and still waiting for a car, etc. But you reminded me about exchange leasing maybe can get one there and you get s BAMA car let me know

Yes it sucks you have to get INJURED to get something(I'm thinking next time)

KC4EVR

Have you called BAMA leasing? They are just as bad but little cheaper. I also had non injury hit and run and still waiting for a car, etc. But you reminded me about exchange leasing maybe can get one there and you get s BAMA car let me know

Yes it sucks you have to get INJURED to get something(I'm thinking next time)
What's BAMA? Where are they and what kinda deposit do they require? Details please LOL..... And yea I guess my neck didn't quite hurt as much as it should have....I have been hurt a few times in my career as a nurse and EMT and the first thing I thought of were OTHERS shame on me!!! Now of course look whos getting it in the you-know-what.... I still haven't heard anything else from XChange and I have a feeling I am gonna be going to arbitration. It seems to be now they got paid by their insurance they SUDDENLY forgot my name.....HMMMMM

KC4EVR

Here is an update: It has been over a month now since I was in the accident where I was HIT BY ANOTHER VEHICLE. I wa 100% NOT at fault.....I had been driving and had my lease from Xchanging leasing for only 12 days....As of today (THE lease was paid for on 4/14/2017) in full by insurance. I have been told first NO SECOND CHANCE LEASES....AFTER ARGUING THIS POINT, THAT I WAS NOT A SECOND CHANCE I NEVER DID NOTHING TO NEED A SECOND CHANCE ON IN THE FIRST PLACE) I was also told they would not give me back my $400 deposit. I have been emailing them 2 times a day every day after someone emailed me saying they were forwarding it for " special consideration".......
I have no transportation, no income and no way to get any person....Can any one tell me if they know the email or phone number for Xchange leasing LLC corporate in San Francisco the CEO is Brent West I have googled everything possible. I tried everything I can to get a hold of a live person...ANYBODY please help me.....I deserve another vehicle and I at least want my $400 back dammit....