Can I drive in Boston?

Nova828

I don't think you're suppose to be able to however...

Back in July I was at a concert in Mansfield and while sitting in the parking lot waiting to leave (it was a LONG wait) I decided to open up the Uber App to see what would happen. Not only did it let me go online, I was immediately pinged for someone at the concert! I couldn't take the request because I was stuck in traffic (and my car was loaded up with crap) and I had the hardest time going offline because the pings kept coming. I went online in the city a few times the next day and was able to, but didn't get any pings. Do you know your way around Boston really well? If not it could be a ratings killer, the GPS isn't going to help you down there!

Chris's Fusion

I took a trip to northern NH and the app let me go back online after completion but I did not get a ping for my long ride back home.

Nova828

Wow, you got someone going all the way to northern NH? How much was that fare? Northern NH is a no service area. When I was on vacation in North Conway I was able to go online, but the rider app makes it impossible to request a car. I think when you cross the border into Maine people could request you. Southern NH is an Uber service area, I wonder if we could get pings out there.

Woober

I know for a fact that I, a Massachusetts driver, cannot logon in Portland. If a Maine driver can logon in Mass I would be very interested in hearing about it.

UberBeard

I asked this question to chat support earlier because I'm a nh driver. Mass is a crossover city so driving there is allowed for nh. Just so happens I'm going there in a few hours before going on vacation and I have a late flight. Pretty good with the area too. May just have to pad my paycheck before the flight