Can I drive in another state after dropping passenger off?

harvcel

I live in Brunswick, GA. We often take passengers to Jacksonville Int'l. (In Florida) Airport about 45 minutes away. With Lyft I get multiple pings in Florida after I drop my passenger off. I'm assuming it's ok to accept rides in FL since they're coming my way. Looking for input. Thanks!

jaxbeachrides

I drove in jax, savannah and about 8 other states I drove through I still got pings.

If you pickup in florida the pay is less than ga. Really no other differences. Most states require trade dress but I never used it. Better to be anonymous.

Zaarc

I drive in NJ. Both Uber and Lyft work in PA as well.
Mine doesnt. Once I get to PA it turns on EATS and leaves it on after I get back to NJ. No pax pickups in PA for me. Do you live in PA or NJ. Maybe if you start in PA it will let you pick up in NJ.

Alexxx_Uber

Hmmm...did you have to request anything to get to pick up in PA? Or did it just always work for you? I am relatively new (January of this year) so maybe they changed something after you started.
I think after a while it happens.
I remember few months ago I was in same situation as you. Give it some more time and see what happens

Zaarc

I think that as long as you get a request it is ok to get it.
As soon as I cross the bridge into PA with a pax the app turns off pool/x and turns on EATS...which I never want to do. I have to remember to turn eats off when I get back to NJ.
Post automatically merged:

I think after a while it happens.
I remember few months ago I was in same situation as you. Give it some more time and see what happens
Ok...thanks...i will be patient then.

Alexxx_Uber

As soon as I cross the bridge into PA with a pax the app turns off pool/x and turns on EATS...which I never want to do. I have to remember to turn eats off when I get back to NJ.
Post automatically merged:

Ok...thanks...i will be patient then.
No problem, good luck

RogueErik

Hmmm...did you have to request anything to get to pick up in PA? Or did it just always work for you? I am relatively new (January of this year) so maybe they changed something after you started.
You can live in NJ and have PA as your registered state. It will allow you to pick up in PA, NJ and parts of Delaware. All it takes is a call to support or visit a green light.. you’ll be off line for a couple days though.. at the beginning of last summer active drivers in PA we given the choice to be automatically and instantly switched so we could continue to drive there.

Woohaa

I live in Brunswick, GA. We often take passengers to Jacksonville Int'l. (In Florida) Airport about 45 minutes away. With Lyft I get multiple pings in Florida after I drop my passenger off. I'm assuming it's ok to accept rides in FL since they're coming my way. Looking for input. Thanks!
No, you can't. In fact, you can never leave the state at all while driving for Lyft, regardless if the app is on or not.