Can I drive across state lines?

Pawtism

I believe you can drop off in other states. However, you could possibly run into one of the following issues. Max ride is typically 4 hours long (if you're in Albuquerque, a ride to Texas or Colorado is likely to take at least 4 hours), also you could run into the max charge issue. You're likely going to have to dead head back. While I believe you can drop off in other markets, I'm sure you won't be able to get a ride back (will tell you that you aren't allowed to drive/pick up there), even if someone wanted a ride back (a local driver would have to be willing to long trip them back, which could be a challenge for them too). I've heard rumors that your insurance (James Rivers) will stop once you leave your approved state (so if you have an accident while inside Texas/Colorado/Arizona, you could be SOL).

Normally for dead head back out of market, you can keep charging until you're back in your normal market (always get this agreed to via text by pax, to cover your rear), but from ABQ to anywhere in another state, you're going to run out of 4 hours before you get back to ABQ area, so you're dead heading at least most the way back anyway (even if they agree to the out of market thing). As you know, we're not allowed to take cash for rides, and I guess you could work out a large tip deal (and hope they honor it, because if they don't you have no recourse). I won't go into the under the table options as those aren't official (clearly, and I'm sure you already have considered that option).

Can you? I believe so. Should you? Unless you are right up against another states border or something, I would say (at least using the official policies), no. I mean if you're in Alamogordo and someone needs a ride to El Paso, I don't see much of a problem there (except maybe the insurance thing), so I guess it really just depends. But you see my points. :smiles:

Tom Harding

I believe you can drop off in other states. However, you could possibly run into one of the following issues. Max ride is typically 4 hours long (if you're in Albuquerque, a ride to Texas or Colorado is likely to take at least 4 hours), also you could run into the max charge issue. You're likely going to have to dead head back. While I believe you can drop off in other markets, I'm sure you won't be able to get a ride back (will tell you that you aren't allowed to drive/pick up there), even if someone wanted a ride back (a local driver would have to be willing to long trip them back, which could be a challenge for them too). I've heard rumors that your insurance (James Rivers) will stop once you leave your approved state (so if you have an accident while inside Texas/Colorado/Arizona, you could be SOL).

Normally for dead head back out of market, you can keep charging until you're back in your normal market (always get this agreed to via text by pax, to cover your rear), but from ABQ to anywhere in another state, you're going to run out of 4 hours before you get back to ABQ area, so you're dead heading at least most the way back anyway (even if they agree to the out of market thing). As you know, we're not allowed to take cash for rides, and I guess you could work out a large tip deal (and hope they honor it, because if they don't you have no recourse). I won't go into the under the table options as those aren't official (clearly, and I'm sure you already have considered that option).

Can you? I believe so. Should you? Unless you are right up against another states border or something, I would say (at least using the official policies), no. I mean if you're in Alamogordo and someone needs a ride to El Paso, I don't see much of a problem there (except maybe the insurance thing), so I guess it really just depends. But you see my points. :smiles:
The max charge and time only apply to Lyft. Uber does not have a maximum charge or trip time.