Can FHV drivers leave their cars in the FHV lot at LGA and walk to the terminal?

Inshur

Mr. Affinito

I've never been to the FHV waiting lots at either airport in NYC, so I don't know how close they are to the terminals. But, I'm wondering if it's possible to leave your car and walk to the terminal - in case you want to take care of something in the airport. It sounds like guys are in the lot for very long times and I read on here that there are restrooms to take a leak, so ... just curious.

Wardell Curry

You can walk to the terminal but you will get placed at the back of the queue if you are out of the lot with your phone for more than 30 minutes.

burgerflipper

lyft says 5 minutes out of lot, uber will give you like 3 hours. but you still have to worry about those 15 minute warnings "would you like to go offline?" officially you aremt allowed to leave car unattended, but ive done it a few times and didnt grt harassed

Zubera

lyft says 5 minutes out of lot, uber will give you like 3 hours. but you still have to worry about those 15 minute warnings "would you like to go offline?" officially you aremt allowed to leave car unattended, but ive done it a few times and didnt grt harassed
They can tow your car. You can't leave a car unattended there and I think the OP didn't mean to stay in the Q and walk to the terminal. I think he's looking for a free parking while he wants to go to the terminal to meet someone and btw he's making 6 figures as he stated and can't afford to pay for parking which is $8 for an hour and he's willing to walk like 3 miles from the cellphone lot to the terminals lol

Liveone01

I see a lot of port authority cars and pickup trucks driving around the lots , the other day this guy got caught taking a pisss next to his suburban at the JFK lot lol , the cop got super tight and talked to the guy like if he was a 5yr old kid with a Tlc license

Mr. Affinito

They can tow your car. You can't leave a car unattended there and I think the OP didn't mean to stay in the Q and walk to the terminal. I think he's looking for a free parking while he wants to go to the terminal to meet someone and btw he's making 6 figures as he stated and can't afford to pay for parking which is $8 for an hour and he's willing to walk like 3 miles from the cellphone lot to the terminals lol
Silly man. I have no idea how far the lot is from the Terminals. I'm just saying... and no, I don't give a ______ about staying online; I do only care about parking there and not having to pay. The problem w/ some people is that you spend like crazy and can't seize an opportunity to save money. Just because you have some money doesn't mean you have to spend it. Save people... save!

No. Your car will get towed. There are signs that says "unattended cars will be towed."
Okay, so I won't be doing that. I'll street-park in the nearby residential neighborhood and call an UberPOOL (which will probably be one of you guys hanging out at the lot) lol. It won't cost more than $4.50 to get back to the terminal. I'll need to be in there a couple of hours.

burgerflipper

Before you order that uberpool from the terminals back to your car, be aware that that is the worst thing that can possibly happen to a driver. Nobody waits in the lot for 2 hours (which is the average wait these days) to get a $5 fare. Once you get a fare, you lose your place in the Q, period. Back to square one. Lyft has a slightly different policy but the bottom line is that if you want to be a considerate person, try waiting in the lot for a fare a few times, before you inflict a fate like that unto an uber driver.

I’m only talking about your return trip, by the way. If you order an uber from Jamaica or Astoria, you probably won't get a driver from the lots but rather one from a couple blocks away. And they might even be grateful for a trip to the airport and a chance at an instaping.

lyas

why u want to risk it .in the terminal d parking i think is exactly p5 they have three hours free parking.so park of there and take the shuttle bus to any terminal you wanna ,i think is the purple route who does the shuttle between the terminals.

Mr. Affinito

Before you order that uberpool from the terminals back to your car, be aware that that is the worst thing that can possibly happen to a driver. Nobody waits in the lot for 2 hours (which is the average wait these days) to get a $5 fare. Once you get a fare, you lose your place in the Q, period. Back to square one. Lyft has a slightly different policy but the bottom line is that if you want to be a considerate person, try waiting in the lot for a fare a few times, before you inflict a fate like that unto an uber driver.

I’m only talking about your return trip, by the way. If you order an uber from Jamaica or Astoria, you probably won't get a driver from the lots but rather one from a couple blocks away. And they might even be grateful for a trip to the airport and a chance at an instaping.

I totally understand and I'm glad you mentioned this. Before you mentioned it, I was completely unclear about how this would work. I will have to get Uber/Lyft to get to airport because I don't wanna pay to park (that's just me being frugal). So, I'll do Uber and I'll tip the driver. And, yes, I'm tipping more than $1. I only mentioned a $1 tip in another thread just to be funny (I wanted to give the dollar to bigdreamslittlemoney --- my UP.net adversarial buddy). Anyway, I'll have to figure out a way to leave the airport to get back to the car b/c I would never want to pull someone out of queue just for a ride that's a couple of blocks from the airport.

why u want to risk it .in the terminal d parking i think is exactly p5 they have three hours free parking.so park of there and take the shuttle bus to any terminal you wanna ,i think is the purple route who does the shuttle between the terminals.

Hey man. Thanks for your message. I simply did not know because I have never been in any of the FHV / Cell Phone Lots. So, I wanted to know how it goes. I'll look into your suggestion. Free parking rocks and I'm definitely down for a shuttle ride.

Here's what I found online about the free parking:

Hourly Parking/C & D Wait Area
Convenient parking and wait area for shorter stays located near Terminal D. The first three hours are free to park in the Wait Area for arriving passengers. Locate Hourly Parking and get Driving Directions.

Payment Methods: E-ZPass Plus, Cash, Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express) and Debit Card

Wait Area – First 3 hours Free
1/2 hour $5
1 hour $10
24-hour maximum $59

***My only question is whether you can leave the car in the "wait area" because I can't really understand the difference between parking for 3 hours for free and parking for 1 hour and having to pay $10, according to the fee schedule above.***

lyas

I totally understand and I'm glad you mentioned this. Before you mentioned it, I was completely unclear about how this would work. I will have to get Uber/Lyft to get to airport because I don't wanna pay to park (that's just me being frugal). So, I'll do Uber and I'll tip the driver. And, yes, I'm tipping more than $1. I only mentioned a $1 tip in another thread just to be funny (I wanted to give the dollar to bigdreamslittlemoney --- my UP.net adversarial buddy). Anyway, I'll have to figure out a way to leave the airport to get back to the car b/c I would never want to pull someone out of queue just for a ride that's a couple of blocks from the airport.

Hey man. Thanks for your message. I simply did not know because I have never been in any of the FHV / Cell Phone Lots. So, I wanted to know how it goes. I'll look into your suggestion. Free parking rocks and I'm definitely down for a shuttle ride.

Here's what I found online about the free parking:

Hourly Parking/C & D Wait Area
Convenient parking and wait area for shorter stays located near Terminal D. The first three hours are free to park in the Wait Area for arriving passengers. Locate Hourly Parking and get Driving Directions.

Payment Methods: E-ZPass Plus, Cash, Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express) and Debit Card

Wait Area – First 3 hours Free
1/2 hour $5
1 hour $10
24-hour maximum $59

***My only question is whether you can leave the car in the "wait area" because I can't really understand the difference between parking for 3 hours for free and parking for 1 hour and having to pay $10, according to the fee schedule above.***

you are very welcome. above they are talking about the rates after the free three hours parking.is if u are parking 4 hours for example you gotta pay one hour extra cuze u parked more three hours.so if you can do what u have to do in less three hours in the air port,u are good and free of charge.

Last edited:

Mr. Affinito

you are very welcome. above they are talking about the rates after the free three hours parking.is if u are parking 4 hours for example you gotta pay one hour extra cuze u parked more three hours.so if you can do what u have to do in less three hours in the air port,u are good and free of charge.
You are Perfecto, Lyas! Thank you so much for the information. See this is why I love UP.net.

Mr. Affinito

u welcome bro.yeah we learn from each other.

Yeah, but only when I'm not banned for saying the slightest thing or when I'm not being called an idiot by somebody just because I purchased a new car (cheap honda accord) for doing Uber because I didn't want these nasty pax in my regular family rides!

lyas

Yeah, but only when I'm not banned for saying the slightest thing or when I'm not being called an idiot by somebody just because I purchased a new car (cheap honda accord) for doing Uber because I didn't want these nasty pax in my regular family rides!
i got you ,in the end of the day each one of us has to do what he has to do .and each one of us knows what's good for him and what's not good.

Inshur New York