Can Anyone Hook Me Up With a One Day Rental SUV This Friday?

Inshur

Slow Joe

I'm driving around tour clients for my wife and need something that comfortably seats seven. A Tahoe is like $230 from the traditional rental agencies (Hertz, Alamo, etc.) for one day, and I'd have to go to JFK as LGA is all out (I live in Astoria). Also, of course, they're not TLC. (Not that I really care for something like this.)

However, if any of you know anyone I can rent something from for this Friday, I'd greatly appreciate it.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

I think he was dumb enough to think someone would actually rent him their personal vehicle. Then he could get in an accident, insurance would deny coverage for commercial use, and the owner would be up Schitts Creek.

Slow Joe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that rate you got is about as good as its going to get, a quick search of the web didnt turn up anything better.
Thanks, man. I went with Thrifty.

I think he was dumb enough to think someone would actually rent him their personal vehicle. Then he could get in an accident, insurance would deny coverage for commercial use, and the owner would be up Schitts Creek.
Literally have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I'm new in this game but I know I've heard that some people/entities rent TLC vehicles by the day. Maybe that doesn't exist anymore. Doesn't hurt to ask.

HERR_UBERMENSCH

Literally have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I'm new in this game but I know I've heard that some people/entities rent TLC vehicles by the day. Maybe that doesn't exist anymore. Doesn't hurt to ask.
This is a board for TNC drivers, ridesharing, not TLC.

Douglas

To rent a TLC vehicle, generally you will need to rent it by the week and most companies want atleast 4 week agreement, from what I understand. With a commercial vehicle of any kind, you must be approved and added on to the insurance policy before you can drive the vehicle off the lot, and you rental rate may increase depending on your driving record.

marcusguber

I only know one place that does Uber car rentals by the weekend and thats Sally but those are just Camrys, no SUVs

Douglas

This board is open to anyone who's body temperature is the the mid to upper 90's.
Dont forget to look at where he is from...He may not understand what TLC actually stands for, since NYC is one of the only cities that has actually regulated Uber and other "rideshare" apps, not realizing that in NYC it is not even considered rideshare but a black car for hire

nyc321

"This is a board for TNC drivers, ridesharing, not TLC."

So TNC is not connected to TLC ?? why not butt out of convo's that your
not a part of or welcome in as in mind your own business, we are here to help
each other out first and foremost and it does not have to be connected to
Hail Uber Fuhrer's bullsh^t uber hype company.

Joe good luck with the tour biz/ride sharing combo it's so nice that
your wife can get you leads like that hope you grow it into something
steady for the future :smiles: and can you update us on the American Leasing
did you return the Camry or are you planning to continue renting it ?
Thanks

Slow Joe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"This is a board for TNC drivers, ridesharing, not TLC."

So TNC is not connected to TLC ?? why not butt out of convo's that your
not a part of or welcome in as in mind your own business, we are here to help
each other out first and foremost and it does not have to be connected to
Hail Uber Fuhrer's bullsh^t uber hype company.

Joe good luck with the tour biz/ride sharing combo it's so nice that
your wife can get you leads like that hope you grow it into something
steady for the future :smiles: and can you update us on the American Leasing
did you return the Camry or are you planning to continue renting it ?
Thanks
Thanks, man. It's a stroke of luck to be married to her (she's hot, too). I don't want to do this forever, but with rideshare/tours/possibly black car I can hopefully at least afford to live in this insanely expensive town.

At first I thought I'd stay renting, but $1600/month is just stupid, so I'm finding another solution. My first thought was to fix up my 2007 Accord EX-L and drive it, but I just don't feel 100% confident that after putting in probably $2k in cosmetic repair that she'll endure the grueling workload. She already has 105K miles. I'll say this, though: She runs better than this 2015 Camry I rent. The Camry is a dog. I think it badly needs a tuneup.

So we're looking at vehicles. Right now a used 2014 Acura MDX with around 30K on the odo goes for around $34K. It would allow me to take Uber Black and UberXL calls and makes my wife happy with the third row seats. I just don't know how many black car services accept it. A friend PM'd me recommending a Lincoln MKT because all the black car companies take them, but I gotta have the third row.

Inshur New York