Can a brother get a tip?

Shakey Jake

I have no idea why I can't get a tip. I am polite and for the most part am quite, yet when they want to I talk to them. I do not drive like a manic, and my car is clean, yet no tips.

I envy you guys who end up with nice tips at the end of the day, but that is not to be my lot in life.
F88E2E22-6F09-4081-90F8-EA9502511A49.png
29D69D52-6DB5-42AA-903E-AEDB21C80C6D.png

Aerodrifting

Unless you drive nice couples going out to dinner on select or actually educated riders, You are not getting a tip.

Chocoholic

Realistic result. Today, I did 14 trips. I had 3 tips in app - $3, $2, $2 on trips of $30, $7 and $9, along with an "I'll get you in the app" liar. I also had one trip from Disney to LAX - 3 nurses that enjoyed the trip and were happy with the ride. I loaded and unloaded their luggage. When I got back in the car, there was a $20 sitting in the cupholder.

I've had days where more than half of the riders left tips from $1 to $10, and days where I didn't get a single tip.

I'm polite, I greet the pax, chat with them until it looks like they don't want to talk, I ask them what kind of music they like, I tell them they can open or close the windows as they see fit, and I always try to present a happy demeanor. If I see luggage, I load it and unload it - mostly to protect my car. Oh, if there's luggage, I usually get a tip.

And even with all that, I still get the occasional complaint about conversation or demeanor, so just do the best you can, and live with the result. :o-o::thumbup:

MOJAVE MADMAN

Tips are inversely proportionate to high prices (SURGE)

You will get yout highest tips for PITY when doing base rides for regular non pool pax

Fisfis

I have no idea why I can't get a tip. I am polite and for the most part am quite, yet when they want to I talk to them. I do not drive like a manic, and my car is clean, yet no tips.

I envy you guys who end up with nice tips at the end of the day, but that is not to be my lot in life.
View attachment 311903 View attachment 311904
Most likely Uber is stealing tips. My ratio dropped 80% compared to Lyft in one month.

Shakey Jake

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
#1. I am too young to be a retiree (I hope).

#2. I think I need to work on my "rap". Instead of telling my passengers that I like Uber because it lets me take off 6 weeks a year to travel Europe, I need to start telling them about my non-existent wife and 3 kids. I need to tell them about uber's driver cuts, and with gas going over $4, I don't know how we are going to make ends meet. Maybe my wife can go back to work, but she stays at home taking care of our disabled daughter. It has just been so hard finding work after I was laid off from the mortgage industry after there was a dip in the housing market a couple of years ago. Most of the jobs that I am qualified for have left California, and I don't know what I will do.

XUBERANT

Just got $20 cash tip from a long shireman who paid 75% pt.... lb bloody right now for grand prix I'm going home to watch GOT...

Just picked up a ride taking me home

Last edited:

UberPrius11

#2. I think I need to work on my "rap". Instead of telling my passengers that I like Uber because it lets me take off 6 weeks a year to travel Europe, I need to start telling them about my non-existent wife and 3 kids. I need to tell them about uber's driver cuts, and with gas going over $4, I don't know how we are going to make ends meet. Maybe my wife can go back to work, but she stays at home taking care of our disabled daughter. It has just been so hard finding work after I was laid off from the mortgage industry after there was a dip in the housing market a couple of years ago. Most of the jobs that I am qualified for have left California, and I don't know what I will do.
Doesn’t help unfortunately. I do have a wife and 3 kids and Speak about them often. I have also been in the mortgage industry my whole adult life, so I can say with certainty that particular story won’t work well!!!

PAX are just cheap and latched on to the whole non tipping thing even though most who take it now could have never afforded it then. People that tip are a type. Mostly older folks if your courteous, foreigners from tipping countries and if you have good conversation. Even with all that I’d say I get a tip one out of every 10-15 rides depending on the area I’m in, they are so infrequent I just treat them like a bonus that gets me a little closer to turning the app off. But maybe I’m jaded because I drove 26 hours since Friday and a famous Dr’s son in Encino passed out and pissed in his pants (and therefore my seat) before stumbling into the 10,000 sq ft home I dropped him off at. That cleaning fee though was worth the 1* in the morning!!!

Spider-Man

View attachment 311903 View attachment 311904
I’m polite too but I clean once a month. You need a funny tip sign . I get at least 75$ a week from it .
You can get it here
Here’s my SS I blacked out most so I can’t be cross identified w/Uber shills . But if you view the tip line it’s 70+$ and I got 42$ in cash tips for this week . Clear past the 100$ mark . This sign has revolutionized my tip area . Use to be around under 40$ a week .
I highly recommend it
If your still reading @Cableguynoe thx again
2374739B-A98A-4C20-8A10-1408B6385200.jpeg

Last edited:

somedriverguy

Disruption Junction...

Whats Your Function?
"Setting off trolls and those
with social dysfunction."
Post automatically merged:

You were doing great until you mentioned working in the mortgage industry/anything related at all to real estate. Stay blue collar.