Can’t sign on

Radarvelous

Hello everyone,
I recently got a new phone and transferred everything to it(I phoneES)
All apps work except the Uber app. I cannot sign on and I get a message listed below. The app still works on the old phone but I cannot use it. I have tried repeatedly to get help from Uber and have been close to three weeks dealing with their ineptness and sind HQ doesn’t have a real person answering the phone, I have sent a fax and still no return message. I have everything updated from Verizon and they are convinced it is a Uber app issue since all the other apps work. Has anyone had a similar issue and were you able to get it fixed. I even asked if I could start again w

Attachments

• 9A2FC3EA-88BD-4783-A105-0F9E7B163325.png
    9A2FC3EA-88BD-4783-A105-0F9E7B163325.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 48

Juggalo9er

Tier three support:
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
After this could you try restarting your phone 3 times back to back to back

OldUncleDave

First, uninstall Uber app.
Power off phone.
AND, power down Wi-Fi.

Power on , first Wi-Fi, then phone.

Go to App store and MAKE SURE its the latest version of Uber, then download fresh.

Stand on your Right Leg, pat your head, rub your tummy, and repeat 3 times, "I'm A bad boy, spank me mommy".

That should do it. At least, it works for me!!

2JoshH

Hello everyone,
I recently got a new phone and transferred everything to it(I phoneES)
All apps work except the Uber app. I cannot sign on and I get a message listed below. The app still works on the old phone but I cannot use it. I have tried repeatedly to get help from Uber and have been close to three weeks dealing with their ineptness and sind HQ doesn’t have a real person answering the phone, I have sent a fax and still no return message. I have everything updated from Verizon and they are convinced it is a Uber app issue since all the other apps work. Has anyone had a similar issue and were you able to get it fixed. I even asked if I could start again w
You’ve been deactivated for drug use

Wildgoose

The message said the app can't connect with Uber's driving algorithm server. How is the signal strength at where you located while trying to log on?
If you can't sign on, check the other tools in the app like your account info, weekly summery.

Radarvelous

You’ve been deactivated for drug use
Funny, but not!
Post automatically merged:

The message said the app can't connect with Uber's driving algorithm server. How is the signal strength at where you located while trying to log on?
If you can't sign on, check the other tools in the app like your account info, weekly summery.
I have a good signal and I tried the sign on without Wifi just feet away from the modem and it still didn’t work

Wildgoose

I have a good signal and I tried the sign on without Wifi just feet away from the modem and it still didn’t work
Sign on with wifi.
Wait, did you turn on Your location? if it is on, you need to allow Location access to Uber app. I guess that is the real problem. Delete the app and reinstall it. Allow location access when app asks.

I am not familiar with Iphone. There might be some tools that keep permission access to each app. Find it and allow location access if you can do it. App reinstallation is easier for me if you still have your account phone number.

Juggalo9er

Sign on with wifi.
Wait, did you turn on Your location? if it is on, you need to allow Location access to Uber app. I guess that is the real problem. Delete the app and reinstall it. Allow location access when app asks.

I am not familiar with Iphone. There might be some tools that keep permission access to each app. Find it and allow location access if you can do it. App reinstallation is easier for me if you still have your account phone number.
You can't just delete an iphone....wtf

Mash Ghasem

First, uninstall Uber app.
Power off phone.
AND, power down Wi-Fi.

Power on , first Wi-Fi, then phone.

Go to App store and MAKE SURE its the latest version of Uber, then download fresh.

Stand on your Right Leg, pat your head, rub your tummy, and repeat 3 times, "I'm A bad boy, spank me mommy".

That should do it. At least, it works for me!!

Don't confuse new members with nonsense. :cautious:

It's the left leg, and you repeat 4 times.

NicFit

I have done all of these things to no avail. Thanks
Have you tried reloading the phone os? Sounds like the restore to the new phone messed up, erase your phone and start over again. Huge pain but I think that’s what you have to do. If that doesn’t work then take the phone in and say it’s defective

Juggalo9er

Have you tried reloading the phone os? Sounds like the restore to the new phone messed up, erase your phone and start over again. Huge pain but I think that’s what you have to do. If that doesn’t work then take the phone in and say it’s defective
I agree with this..... try doing what I said Earlier first though

NicFit

I agree with this..... try doing what I said Earlier first though
You can also do a network reset, don’t know where it is in the settings in android, that’s what net searches are for. Try that first but I think you need to start over, the software is corrupt on the phone and if a full restore doesn’t work then take it in for repairs/warranty swap. I had someone else buy a brand new iPhone and couldn’t get something to work, in the end she had to take it back to the store and get a new one after trying to wipe it clean

Radarvelous

Funny, but not!

I can’t sign in to the app so I cann ot get to the weekly summary, etc
verizon did that for me and it still did not work

I may have to get another phone

NicFit

I may have to get another phone
If you have erased the phone and it still doesn’t work then go return it for another one, it’s defective, probably has a bad network card. Phones are like computers, they have the same parts but smaller and built all on the mainboard. It may mostly work but if one thing is defective stuff like this happens. Go swap it and get a new phone, it’s defective