Cambridge cops this afternoon

southshore

At least 5 cops, some on motorcycles some in cars, pulling people over in bulk on Mass Ave nearby Central Station this afternoon. 4 cars pulled over at once in the span of two blocks. Anyone know what they were looking for? I saw one had a radar gun, but I can't imagine that many people speed there. Maybe not yielding to pedestrians?

Ghwwe72

At least 5 cops, some on motorcycles some in cars, pulling people over in bulk on Mass Ave nearby Central Station this afternoon. 4 cars pulled over at once in the span of two blocks. Anyone know what they were looking for? I saw one had a radar gun, but I can't imagine that many people speed there. Maybe not yielding to pedestrians?
There was a shooting at Boston Common and they fled on the red line which is why I believe there was such a prescence pulling people over!

Jaackil

You answered your own question when you said they had a radar gun The maximum speed limit in Cambridge now is 25 miles an hour on every single street unless posted otherwise. So they were racking up those speeding tickets

Tysmith95

You answered your own question when you said they had a radar gun The maximum speed limit in Cambridge now is 25 miles an hour on every single street unless posted otherwise. So they were racking up those speeding tickets
I mean 25 isn't unreasonable on Mass Ave. It's not a road where I'd go much above 30, even without any speed limits. Unless they're pulling people going 5 over you shouldn't worry (unless you're a cronic speeder).

Jaackil

I mean 25 isn't unreasonable on Mass Ave. It's not a road where I'd go much above 30, even without any speed limits. Unless they're pulling people going 5 over you shouldn't worry (unless you're a cronic speeder).
No but it is easy to get going 35 with out noticing