• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Calling pax

Inshur

burgerflipper

Well friends, the season of cancelled surge rides is once more upon us. As we struggle to compete with yellow and other apps for lowest price + fastest eta, a surefire way to reduce cancellation rates is to reach out to pax - verbally - as soon as you accept the ride, and let them know that you're on your way. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

JamesM

Calling the pax can sometimes act like "sealing the deal". I try to guilt them into waiting for me even if I'm running late if the surge is good.

Remember to not talk or use the phone if your friends from the local PD are around.

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
One complaint below not knowing your navigation, is being an annoying driver. Don't call pax when you accept their request. They don't need to hear you confirm anything. Their confirmation is done automatically on your behalf by Uber.

Keep doing your thing though, if it works then keep making the money.

Bkeddie

How about this. If you want to call feel free. I treat these passengers with the same respect they treat us with. None!

When I did corporate work and got paid well I cared. The passengers had respect, tipped and tipped well. Gave me Christmas gifts and more.

These stupid mta passengers need to learn how to use the app and respect drivers. Two minutes, five minutes Irrelevant to me. Time is up surge or no surge I leave. These people never look up from their phones but yet have a issue figuring out how much time they have or when we arrived then it should cost them. We are not here to babysit

burgerflipper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
JamesM gets the point. Its not about the pax. Its about us. id say 80% of surge requests above 1.5 are cancelled before you arrive, personally im not interested in endlessly chasing fares and making $0. calling the pax is a (slighty sketchy) method of pressuring them into not cancelling.

Bkeddie

There is no way to pressure these passengers. They know they can cancel and find another car. They could careless about us.

TheTruth9

When pax calls..99.9% its a problem, so I cancel. If its inclement weather,or I can't get to pax (1.e. construction0 I call pax and let themknow I can't turn onto their block. Common sense stuff okay. If pax calls and asks where am I, they get cancelled on promptly.

YouBeer

Well friends, the season of cancelled surge rides is once more upon us. As we struggle to compete with yellow and other apps for lowest price + fastest eta, a surefire way to reduce cancellation rates is to reach out to pax - verbally - as soon as you accept the ride, and let them know that you're on your way. Try it and let me know if it works for you.
This sounds like an uber shill.

JamesM gets the point. Its not about the pax. Its about us. id say 80% of surge requests above 1.5 are cancelled before you arrive, personally im not interested in endlessly chasing fares and making $0. calling the pax is a (slighty sketchy) method of pressuring them into not cancelling.
You do this part time dont you?

JamesM

Shut down the phone as simple as that.
And get out of that area. How hard is that?Aaaaaaah shit
You seriously think the average app driver can turn off the phone? They need ze turn-by-turn navigations!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sounds like an uber shill.

You do this part time dont you?
You seem aggravated.

twnFM

You seriously think the average app driver can turn off the phone? They need ze turn-by-turn navigations!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem aggravated.

DFW is 80 miles from east to west it impossible to know all of a spread out twin city of 5 million people. Hall yes I use the GPS. Unless it’s in my local area of 100k people.

BigBadDriver

I only call the passenger when it's an insta-ping at an airport. I confirm where they're standing and give them my colors - white guy in a white car.

Makes MY pickup much easier. That's why I do it.

JamesM

DFW is 80 miles from east to west it impossible to know all of a spread out twin city of 5 million people. Hall yes I use the GPS. Unless it’s in my local area of 100k people.
The image is supposed to funny in the context of navigating within Manhattan.