Calling out all UBER drivers!!!!

Who is in?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Superlemon74

I don’t know about you guys but I’m averaging less than $12 an hour since the pay cut in mileage. These mofos make it seem like we’re getting more money because of the increase in pay for time but that has done nothing to increase my fares. They’ve gone down. All of a sudden I’m getting fares for $2.62. For a 2 mile, 10 minute ride that took me 1 mile 6 minutes to pick up? Minimum fare for getting in my car should be $2.62 @@@@’s!!!!!

Why strike by not working??? That only hurts us, the drivers. Let’s just not clean are cars at all anymore until they @@@@en raise the rates to at least .80 cents a mile and keep the time fare the way it is now!!!! Then people can see the dirty, scamming, manipulating @@@@ing company that they are!!!! Who’s with me!!!!! I would like to start this ASAP.

25rides7daysaweek

I don’t know about you guys but I’m averaging less than $12 an hour since the pay cut in mileage. These mofos make it seem like we’re getting more money because of the increase in pay for time but that has done nothing to increase my fares. They’ve gone down. All of a sudden I’m getting fares for $2.62. For a 2 mile, 10 minute ride that took me 1 mile 6 minutes to pick up? Minimum fare for getting in my car should be $2.62 @@@@’s!!!!!

Why strike by not working??? That only hurts us, the drivers. Let’s just not clean are cars at all anymore until they @@@@en raise the rates to at least .80 cents a mile and keep the time fare the way it is now!!!! Then people can see the dirty, scamming, manipulating @@@@ing company that they are!!!! Who’s with me!!!!! I would like to start this ASAP.
Post it on social media and add you arent going to shower either....

mrpjfresh

Desires to be treated with dignity and respect. Hopes to achieve this by not showering and riding around in filth. Oh the irony...

If the gig is no longer worth it, walk away. Otherwise you are just an enabler. The only time Uber was rebuffed by drivers en masse here in the states was the $0.30/mile test in Detroit. Don't hold your breath (or sit in filth even) awaiting a mass awakening of your fellow drivers.

There are other ways....

Today a driver told me they asked a driver what he was paying Uber, which was a ride that would have paid Uber lots and the driver little. The passenger agreed to pay the driver half the price cash. This is the perfect way to strike. You cut the supply of money off to Uber, while bolstering your own.

I also read about another driver who takes the long way as this won't cost the customer any extra but will dig into Uber's cut and they will have to pay the driver more mileage.

Uberisfuninlv

If you can’t consistently gross $15-$20 an hour doing rideshare in your market it’s not worth doing (full time). Of course if you do work a regular job and have some extra time making some extra money is better than just sitting on the couch and making none. Anything less than that is like making minimum wage after expenses.
Post automatically merged:

If you can’t consistently gross $15-$20 an hour doing rideshare in your market it’s not worth doing (full time). Of course if you do work a regular job and have some extra time making some extra money is better than just sitting on the couch and making none. Anything less than that is like making minimum wage after expenses.
You will literally make the same money working at Walmart or target and you won’t be trashing your car...

Taksomotor

OP, actions speak louder than words. When I see action I’ll participate .:eek:
He is probably not cleaning his car anyway, so now he has a nice civic duty excuse for it :smiles: Next time I make a mess at home, I'll tell my wife it is a protest for a good cause! :smiles:

dryverjohn

CNBC had a segment on today and they are talking to drivers. Poor dipshit bought $1000 worth of Lyft and it dropped in value right away, Talk to the press and tell them Uber and Lyft suck, the reporters are out there now with the IPO current and coming. Your chance to be heard is greater now than ever before.

Bubsie

CNBC had a segment on today and they are talking to drivers. Poor dipshit bought $1000 worth of Lyft and it dropped in value right away, Talk to the press and tell them Uber and Lyft suck, the reporters are out there now with the IPO current and coming. Your chance to be heard is greater now than ever before.
Why the hell didnt he sell at $87 in the initial frenzy? Long term you'd be lucky to get $20.
Post automatically merged:

Desires to be treated with dignity and respect. Hopes to achieve this by not showering and riding around in filth. Oh the irony...

If the gig is no longer worth it, walk away. Otherwise you are just an enabler. The only time Uber was rebuffed by drivers en masse here in the states was the $0.30/mile test in Detroit. Don't hold your breath (or sit in filth even) awaiting a mass awakening of your fellow drivers.
Well at least we have the bottom point for the continual reductions in mileage pay.

Last edited:

911 Guy

There are other ways....

Today a driver told me they asked a driver what he was paying Uber, which was a ride that would have paid Uber lots and the driver little. The passenger agreed to pay the driver half the price cash. This is the perfect way to strike. You cut the supply of money off to Uber, while bolstering your own.

I also read about another driver who takes the long way as this won't cost the customer any extra but will dig into Uber's cut and they will have to pay the driver more mileage.
The cash ride thing is profitable, but illegal. I'm not going to risk a big citation for half of what Uber asked for. I'll take my peanuts and look for the unicorn.

Search the forum for Long Hauling.

The cash ride thing is profitable, but illegal. I'm not going to risk a big citation for half of what Uber asked for. I'll take my peanuts and look for the unicorn.

Search the forum for Long Hauling.
It's all how you package it. It's illegal to sell sex, but not illegal to sell a massage or your company where sex just happens to occur between 2 consenting adults. Same here. It's not illegal to sell someone a stick of gum for $15 and give them a ride for free. It's not illegal to give them a ride for free where they "tip" you either. It's all in how you play the game.

dryverjohn

For those of you that do cash rides, I would suggest no cash change hands until after the ride. That way if something happens you were just giving a free ride. Reach destination, safe and sound, then less liability. Not that I would ever give a cash ride, just sayin.

For those of you that do cash rides, I would suggest no cash change hands until after the ride. That way if something happens you were just giving a free ride. Reach destination, safe and sound, then less liability. Not that I would ever give a cash ride, just sayin.
I have considered that and it is a smart way to think. Where I work in small University town and drivers at times do pro bono work anyway and end up giving girls free rides home. it's freezing cold in the winter here and girls go out for the night wearing nothing but tube tops and no jacket. This is done to keep them from freezing. lol