Calling for 1.3X Fare for All Airport Rides

jerseycrooner

Hope Uber monitors this forum. If so, I am recommending drivers receives a 30% boost for all rides in and out of airports. Airport rides are more problematic than routine rides owing to traffic considerations and wait times. Also, anyone flying on an airplane can afford to pay a little more. Forget the notion of tipping. It does not work as these passengers are too cheap! They'll pay $250.00 night for a hotel. $80.00 for dinner while on travel. However they won't give their Uber driver a dollar extra. A 30% boost makes sense!

Last edited:

1NYC1

If anything, the rates will drop even more. Gotta face the facts, driving rideshare is a losing venture which will only get worse.

1NYC1

I used to stop into the airport when our destination filters worked there. Now I just drive by. A 30% boost at EWR would incentivize me to stop in again.
And even with a 1.3x "guarantee", waiting in that que is one of the most horrible choices one can possibly make, unless of course, you're a rideshare driver. You have to be a person to waste your life in that pig pen commonly referred to as the EWR rideshare lot.

jerseycrooner

I have never waited in the EWR que lot. I'm not waiting an hour or more for a non-surge ride which may be taking a flight attendant to the Route 1 Holiday Inn or an airport baggage handler to Hillside. I am even sceptical taking rematches to anywhere in New Jersey.

polar2017

And even with a 1.3x "guarantee", waiting in that que is one of the most horrible choices one can possibly make, unless of course, you're a rideshare driver. You have to be a person to waste your life in that pig pen commonly referred to as the EWR rideshare lot.

Let's call this Koko The Gorilla Syndrome.

SuzeCB

If Uber does monitor the forum they should also add paid cancellation due to child pax without child seat.

You ever drive ewr when it was double rates? Those were the days...
It's a no-show issue. You're giving them the full five minutes that you're supposed to wait to get a car seat. If they fail, they haven't shown up. At least not as being ready for the ride that they ordered.

newarkuberman1

So I decided to try the rideshare lot yesterday as it said 12 cars in que and there was a surge that suckered me in that disapeared just as I was about to go back online. I wait 10 minutes for a ride, it's two chicks going to frickin ferry street in Newark. @@@@ the Q. Also yesterday, I'm in irvington and get a ping to the airport. (trying to get my 3 ride incentive to work off my gas charges). I get to the airport and the destination is 42nd street in the city. I told the guy I couldn't take the ride. sorry no weekend nyc trips for me unless im trying to go into the city. f the airport. It used to be very lucrative to me before the Q.

LEO2112

in IRONBOUND?!

:rolleyes:

You think they take Uber X, cause I'm finding fewer women take X. They usually travel in packs, with one token beta male

Last time I was down there I picked up a cute little redhead Brazilian from Barbara St back to EWR. Short ride but she was a hottie. I normally do XL only but may have had the DF set for all rides back towards EWR as I was killing time waiting for a private client to come back in.