1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Calling all Mississippi drivers!

Discussion in 'US Cities' started by CaptRonRico, Jun 6, 2017.

1. CaptRonRico

CaptRonRico

Driving:
    UberXL
    So I'm a greenhorn, in my 4th week coming up driving Jackson, MS. I commute 70 miles one way to get to Jackson. Started Friday Saturday nights 9pm to 5-6am. Added Thursday night last weekend. It's a part time gig for me as I have a state job Sundays through Wednesdays. Just hoping to hear from other drivers, Lyft & Uber in the area.

I do drive through Vicksburg on my way in and 4 out of five times just passing through have picked up a fare, so V'Burg drivers chime in as well.

Heck since it seems MS can't get a city here anyway we might as well all join forces! Gulfport, Biloxi, Pass Christian, Ocean Springs, Hattiesburg, Vicksburg, Jackson, Oxford calling all drivers.

My longest trip to date yesterday. Rained out regular job in Vicksburg decided to try Jackson daytime on a Monday. W/O the long trip would have been crappy day. Lesson learned, at least my long trip brought me closer to home.

I'm learning on the fly. 1st and 2nd week were Thursday and Friday with 2nd week including the supposedly $400 new driver bonus that in actuality turned out to be only $60 after "guaranteed earnings above $400" wtf over?

Attached Files:

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. CaptRonRico

CaptRonRico

Driving:
    UberXL
    Just me, damn I should be killing it!

3. Just started myself in the Starkville area but no one here seems to know Uber is available. I am thinking of trying the Oxford or Jackson areas. Any suggestions?

tohunt4me and CaptRonRico like this.
  4. I'm here in Biloxi/gulfport area. My first week. Weekend was ok. There's seems to be a few out in this area

5. CaptRonRico

CaptRonRico

Driving:
    UberXL
    Stay put for home games ur in now that it's football season. If state is playing away and Ole Miss is home might be worth ur drive up. From what I hear lot of Memphis driver's doing the game weekends in Oxford which should not be allowed IMo.

Quite a few especially at night, I've only done a couple of weekends there put relocating to Biloxi tomorrow so think I may try some day time vs. night time there. BOL

tohunt4me and Roadrunner76 like this.
  6. i myself drive in starkville and i have found that the business has grown at a pretty good rate

i am driving in starkville i have been enjoying it so far.

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. Welcome & Enjoy.

Promote .
    Bars, Dr. Offices, mechanic shops etc.
    Let them know you are in town.

Be sure to give out your Promotion Code that earns you money when riders take first ride.

Hand out your promotion Code at the " STAGGER INN" sports club
    So they can STAGGER OUT TO AN UBER !
    Make Starksville safe for Staggering !

Attached Files:

8. MSLimey59

MSLimey59

Hi from Jackson. Part-time here, not my main job but a useful fill-in. Mostly having fun with it so far, it's been 4 months.

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. Linzdaboy

Linzdaboy

What are the best places to drive in Jackson during the week after 5?