Calling all Mega-Ants: It's time to act!! The Colony needs you!!

karachi

Do you identify yourself as a hard working Mega-Ant? If so, drop what you are doing because the Colony needs you. Immediately set your alarm for early tomorrow morning and get to bed extra early tonight because the Colony needs your help. There will be an extraordinary increase in demand all day tomorrow because some of the weaker ants have decided not to work.

The Colony demands you get out all day tomorrow and work to pick up the slack of the rebel ants. This is an excellent money making opportunity. The Colony will be most grateful for your continued selfless devotion to hard work and sacrifice for the good of the greater Colony.

Last edited:

EngineerAtHeart

Do you identify yourself as a hard working Mega-ant? If so, drop what you are doing because the colony needs you. Immediately set your alarm for early tomorrow morning and get to bed extra early tonight because the colony needs your help. There will be an extraordinary increase in demand all day tomorrow because some of the weaker ants have decided to not work.

This is an excellent money making opportunity and the colony will be very grateful for your continued selfless devotion to hard work and sacrifice for thexample greater colony.
Shhh don't post this and cause the surge to be less. Yes we're driving we just ain't sayin'.

veblenrules

Do you identify yourself as a hard working Mega-ant? If so, drop what you are doing because the colony needs you. Immediately set your alarm for early tomorrow morning and get to bed extra early tonight because the colony needs your help. There will be an extraordinary increase in demand all day tomorrow because some of the weaker ants have decided to not work.

This is an excellent money making opportunity and the colony will be very grateful for your continued selfless devotion to hard work and sacrifice for thexample greater colony.
Post automatically merged:

Uber is giving out gold stars to be stuck to your forehead...

The Drive Guy

Shhh don't post this and cause the surge to be less. Yes we're driving we just ain't sayin'.
Surge pricing only applies to Passengers ..... It No Longer applies to You as a Driver on Uber or Lyft. Those of us striking tomorrow will be making a statement to force changes. Changes that will benefit all of us driving, including unemployed engineers struggling to make ends meet driving Uber and everyone else.

bpm45

Surge pricing only applies to Passengers ..... It No Longer applies to You as a Driver on Uber or Lyft. Those of us striking tomorrow will be making a statement to force changes. Changes that will benefit all of us driving, including unemployed engineers struggling to make ends meet driving Uber and everyone else.
Gee, I got several surge payments today. WTF are you talking about?

Arkonia

Do you identify yourself as a hard working Mega-Ant? If so, drop what you are doing because the Colony needs you. Immediately set your alarm for early tomorrow morning and get to bed extra early tonight because the Colony needs your help. There will be an extraordinary increase in demand all day tomorrow because some of the weaker ants have decided not to work.

The Colony demands you get out all day tomorrow and work to pick up the slack of the rebel ants. This is an excellent money making opportunity. The Colony will be most grateful for your continued selfless devotion to hard work and sacrifice for the good of the greater Colony.

Well placed reverse psychology. I salute you good sir!

Mad Medic

IF you consider an extra flat dollar $2 to $4 being surge, then yeah you got surge, just like Uber wants you to think

IF you drove prior to flat dollar surge, well, you got screwed and simply forgot what surge IS. It was surge when it had a multiplication symbol attached to that number 2, 3, or 4 you're seeing.

The Drive Guy

You got a "bonus" payment. Typically, a $3-6 payment added to your ride at base rates. During "peak" periods, passengers are charged "surge" rates. On Lyft, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 150%, 250% or 300% of the normal fare. Passengers are still charged "surge" fares .... Drivers are no longer paid based on those "surge" fares. That money is now going to Uber/Lyft.

EddieG

So based on the new flat fee surge structure from Uber, why not just avoid any trips over 15 to 20 minutes. If I can get an extra $4 on a 10 minute ride, I'll take it. An extra $4 on a 50 minute ride, not so much.

New guy65

So based on the new flat fee surge structure from Uber, why not just avoid any trips over 15 to 20 minutes. If I can get an extra $4 on a 10 minute ride, I'll take it. An extra $4 on a 50 minute ride, not so much.
Don’t ask that as some haven’t figured it out yet. You need them too jump on the long ones so you have more potential short rides
In the best scenario they go to the pit afterwards

Let the bad decisions of others help you