Calling all drivers May 8, 2019

Llib07

A strike needs a demand. What is the demand?
I’m from Melbourne Australia ? so am in a totally different country so rates and our currencies are different but I’ll explain in general terms what we want here is higher minimum rates and 10% increase on minimum fares and uberpoo jobs.
You can make your own demands in your own city and then send those demands to Uber it could even be non monetary like deactivations or other issues.

I have printed flyers and distributed them to the Airport with the demands listed and our strategy is to flood the Airport on May the 8th with cars so people can’t drive in or out.

NJ Jimmy

I’m from Melbourne Australia ? so am in a totally different country so rates and our currencies are different but I’ll explain in general terms what we want here is higher minimum rates and 10% increase on minimum fares and uberpoo jobs.
You can make your own demands in your own city and then send those demands to Uber it could even be non monetary like deactivations or other issues.

I have printed flyers and distributed them to the Airport with the demands listed and our strategy is to flood the Airport on May the 8th with cars so people can’t drive in or out.
We are completely replaceable by illiterate immigrants who would be willing to drive for minimum wage, and we will shortly be replaced by automated cars. The gravy train is ending...time to learn a marketable skill.

Face reality...a company losing $4 BILLION in 2017 and is going public is not about to RAISE pay for those already earning far more than they are really worth. Any 21 year old immigrant with an elementary school education and no English can do what we do.

Strike? Get real... go learn something useful that uneducated immigrants cannot do.

Waste of time. You will get one day of media coverage. People setting it up will be invited to a photoshoot with some local politicians.
Post automatically merged:

A strike needs a demand. What is the demand?
Most uber drivers are delusional, hence why they drive rideshare. Uber drivers do not need special training. No certification required. No education required. No driving experience required. No mentorship or apprenticeship required. They don't have to be members of any association. They only real tool to make money is a personal car, which most in the US own or have easy access to one. Meaning most of their pax can become rideshare drivers the same day they are getting a ride. Which makes rideshare drivers expendable. Try explaining it to them but good luck though. The smarter ones get it and are already on their way out. Funny thing is some of the people on here that are the most vocal and aggressive about striking end up quiting Uber and getting a real job themselves.???

Last edited:

amazinghl

We are completely replaceable by illiterate immigrants who would be willing to drive for minimum wage, and we will shortly be replaced by automated cars. The gravy train is ending...time to learn a marketable skill.

Face reality...a company losing $4 BILLION in 2017 and is going public is not about to RAISE pay for those already earning far more than they are really worth. Any 21 year old immigrant with an elementary school education and no English can do what we do.

Strike? Get real... go learn something useful that uneducated immigrants cannot do.
You get it..., why doesn't everybody else gets it!?