1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Call someone you don't like an UBER driver, and see what happens.

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Steveyoungerthanmontana, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Rooster06

Rooster06 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So, here's the thing: if Uber is so evil, and driving makes you a sub-human, than why do you guys still do it? Furthermore, why do you then ***** about it on the forums if you hate it so much? I'm not gonna lie, I started driving to get extra cash, just a second income thing. I have had to fall back on it for full time work. How does that suck? I know that corporate is doing stuff to hose drivers, and I have been part of that (getting forced into 25% after having 20% for so long, etc...)

Being an Uber driver was about last on my list. I'm a college grad, have lots of skills, courses, and professional development. Didn't intend for this to become my thing. But just like most things in life: it is what your make it. It can be the worst thing you've ever done, or the best. It's up to you. Personally, after what I was doing for the last 16 years, I love this ****!

I started part time, now do it full time (by choice), and I have a great time. When friends or their wives hear that I'm a driver; their questions are: "How do you like it? and "How can I become a driver?" The question was NOT: "What is wrong with you, such that you have to resort to being an Uber driver?"

2. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Some people are just miserable and can never be happy. And/or just suck at life and need to blame everyone else but them for their suckitude. Those type of people are everywhere in society... there just so happens to be a higher percentage of them here. I agree with you... if it sucks so bad, improve your situation and do something else.

Undermensch, JTR and Shangsta like this.
  3. Kalikikopa

Kalikikopa New Member

Interesting thread. I never considered uber driver to be a class of people. I decided to check it out during a slow period at work just to see what it was like. Yeah the money sucks, but I liked doing it. I felt good in the evenings taking all the drunk people home, knowing they weren't driving. I liked helping the older people carry their groceries to the kitchen, and generally talking to different people. But then again when I'm not making my millions driving I do have a job that pays well so my feelings my be different.

JTR and John Campbell like this.
  4. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Steveyoungerthanmontana Well-Known Member

Well we need to start with a better way than this. There's no passion in this post. Let me in on this and rile people up to a frenzy.

JTR likes this.
  5. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Travis Kalanick post. He keeps getting in here with different profiles.

6. Kalikikopa

Kalikikopa New Member

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't know Travis Kalanick. I just found the positive side(for me) in a job that netted me less than a minimum wage job.

7. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Kembolicous

Kembolicous Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Monster dot com did a survey about worse job. Number one was cashier. Number two was mechanic. Cashiers have to put up with irate customers. Mechanics have to work in hot/cold conditions, be under the thumb of f'd up time standands, buying overpriced tools all the time, on your feet all day, exposure to fumes. And the pay is not that good for all the crap you have to out up with. Uber/Lyft would be much better if the pay was better.

tradedate likes this.
  9. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Just when I thought there was hope for the human race.

You must be a newbie who just quit his job. I was like you too, get ready for the February price cut!!!

10. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Nah he has a good point. You said so yourself Uber is the worst company ever and everyone who drives is a sucker, yet you keep driving for them.

Either quit or dont. The reason Uber is successful is people like yourself who complain but log on 10 hours of the day thinking today is the day I make good money! Only sucker is you pal.

jp300h likes this.
  11. Steveyoungerthanmontana

All women think this way, it's our society that has corrupted them, but then again, women have shaped society since the beginning of time. All of us guys have done whatever we had to, to get em.

12. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

You promised a January price cut. Ready to admit you have no idea what you are talking about?

13. Steveyoungerthanmontana

Good. That means the rest of the million drivers are making two dollars a mile. I'll have to talk to corporate about the mistake they made in my wages the last year.

14. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    What's her number?

The Mollusk likes this.
  15. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Also, I agree with the OP.
    I'd like to thank Uber for bringing the job title "Taxi Owner Operator" at least two rungs higher on the meat ladder.

16. renbutler

renbutler Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Weird, the only place I hear anybody talking badly about Uber are here, and in extreme-leftist city council chambers.

And I don't even say that as a driver. I hardly ever drive anymore, and I might end up letting my account deactivate. It was just a little extra cash on the side anyway. The point being that I have no dog in the fight. I just call it as I see it.

17. Southdiver

Southdiver Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I agree with many on this forum. If you dislike Uber so much, quit. We are in a free market society and you are free to simply not turn on your driver app at any time. For me, this is an easy way to make a few hundred extra dollars a week to help support my family. I have not heard anyone bash on the drivers for doing this and, as a matter of fact, two people have actually expressed admiration for me working two jobs in order to make things happen instead of simply wringing my hands.

Shangsta, jp300h and renbutler like this.
  18. Steveyoungerthanmontana

I sure wish I was still a taxi driver. No money anymore. How do you guys survive? I'm thinking of trying it again out here in the LA market.

At my company there was way too much politics. When they liked you they kept you fed, and then one time I turned down one of there stupid vouchers, I slowly stopped making money.

Then the other one I went to, just no money at all. I maybe made 300 dollars my first week before expenses.

19. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

It's not too late to go back driving a cab. Uber is dried up. Too many ants out there. The only hope you have is surges.

20. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    ALL women, huh? I think more than likely it is all the woman that you, (and all of your issues) attract. people with issues to end up with other people with issues. A good woman wants a good man...and you my friend do not fit that bill.