California surges invisible?

Raccoon

Screenshot_20200222-224852_Uber Driver.jpg

So, on Feb 21, Uber gave me this notification.

In the last two nights, I haven't seen ANYTHING noting level of business on my map here in Humboldt county. I've even looked multiple times in places in my market where I KNOW there are frequent surges on Friday / Saturday night (like Sacramento and Chico), and I have seen nothing.

Are they just, like, outright hiding surge info, now?

Raccoon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, now I can personally confirm: The only "new" thing about the maps is the lack of surge info. The "highlight areas of high demand" part isn't new -- it's the same old "drive here for shorter wait times" stuff from before.

I actually would have liked a detailed heat map of activity.

Uber just took something away from us, and presented it as a "new experience."

WindyCityAnt

View attachment 419721

In the last two nights, I haven't seen ANYTHING noting level of business on my map here in Humboldt county. I've even looked multiple times in places in my market where I KNOW there are frequent surges on Friday / Saturday night (like Sacramento and Chico), and I have seen nothing.

How satisfied are you driving for Uber?

Reply: How satisfied are you being dishonest to your community you don’t pay taxes in?🤫😧

Makeabuck

Humboldt County love arcata and Trinidad. Spent alot of time there.

Here down south in San Diego I cannot see orange county surge if in San Diego. Same goes if in Orange county I can't see San Diego surge but can see la. Been that way along time

QUOTE="Raccoon, post: 5910301, member: 122658"]
View attachment 419721

[/QUOTE]

Ssgcraig

Seems like you guys have to wait until you get a ping to see if you're in a surge area. That sucks.

EastBayRides

View attachment 419721

Don't worry about it. I think it's a scam. If you drive toward one of the orange/red zones, the edge will remain just ahead of you, vanishing as you approach, and then Uber will give you a ride back where you just came from.