• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Calgary passes Uber-enabling bylaw

maxima

What is the best and cheapest ride sharing insurance company in Calgary. I had three accident in the past and want to go with reasonable one.

Thank you

Exclusif

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Intact Insurance - and It's free...Uber pays for it.

with 3 accident i'll be surprised if Uber approves you to drive.

Exclusif

You do not need the "ride sharing add on". That's paid by Uber and Intact covers it. All you need is your personal insurance.

You can always call Intact/Belairdirect to confirm and/or email Uber support.

maxima

You do not need the "ride sharing add on". That's paid by Uber and Intact covers it. All you need is your personal insurance.

What if current Insurance doesn't cover ride share?

zelix

In Calgary you need insurance that specifically allows use of uber, usually costs extra money.

Pete06

This post is completely incorrect. There are 3 phases to the Uber app...app on no passenger...app on on the way to pick up..app on and with a passenger. To have all 3 phases covered you need the ride share add on SP9 or something like that added on in addition to the insurance Uber supplies.

Exclusif

This post is completely incorrect. There are 3 phases to the Uber app...app on no passenger...app on on the way to pick up..app on and with a passenger. To have all 3 phases covered you need the ride share add on SP9 or something like that added on in addition to the insurance Uber supplies.
So your telling me, if you were to get in an accident with "no passenger" you would tell them your an uber driver? Given your still alive and not injured.

For the 3rd option Intact/Uber already covers you...

Anyways go pay extra if it makes you feel better.

Pete06

Of course why would I not want to put it under Uber policy vs mine, though I'm sure it would still reflect on my risk factor seeing it's the same company.

Not about feeling better...first off your insurance may get cancelled if they find out. All would take is a call from a peace officer on a routine check to see if your policy is valid and they are aware you are driving commercially and there is 3000 fine already..second what if's ...there are lots of those that cost way more than any insurance policy but hey if you want to be cheap and gamble, have at er.