Calculating ratings for new drivers

pianobum

Hi Everyone,

I've got 70 rides under my belt so far and I wanted to vent some frustrations and see if you can help my stress levels go down before I have a heart attack.

I am still getting a handful of 4*s despite everything I do. I was up 4.86 one day from a slew of great people and it seems a few 4*s (or less) brought me to 4.75 in 2 days.

I'm guessing that because I haven't done as many rides that my 4*s (or less) are causing a half point drop still. Does this seem right? If so, why is it so much harder to get points in the positive direction when a single 4* drops me so hard. Is it just a matter of keep driving? When do I get to the point where I can get a few 5*s in one night to cancel out a 4*.

I saw a post once that said after 300 rides, a 1* would drop him a only full point, so I'm assuming if my math is correct that after a 5th of those rides only, that a 3 or 4* would have the same effect.

I know I'm still in the zone and am safe, but if circumstances like surprise freeway ramp closures and bad pin drops keep hitting me while I'm still in the vulnerable point stage, I'm never going to recover. Plus I take it all personal because I want to do well, and I feel I am. I don't want to lose the only decent job I've had in a long time due do jerky people or incidents out of my control. On my 2nd day I had some jerk and his 3 loud friends probably give me a 1* for a 7 block ride. I am struggling to recover over a $2.80 ride that cost me over 3 points that day.

mandreyka

Hi Everyone,

I've got 70 rides under my belt so far and I wanted to vent some frustrations and see if you can help my stress levels go down before I have a heart attack.

I am still getting a handful of 4*s despite everything I do. I was up 4.86 one day from a slew of great people and it seems a few 4*s (or less) brought me to 4.75 in 2 days.

I'm guessing that because I haven't done as many rides that my 4*s (or less) are causing a half point drop still. Does this seem right? If so, why is it so much harder to get points in the positive direction when a single 4* drops me so hard. Is it just a matter of keep driving? When do I get to the point where I can get a few 5*s in one night to cancel out a 4*.

I saw a post once that said after 300 rides, a 1* would drop him a only full point, so I'm assuming if my math is correct that after a 5th of those rides only, that a 3 or 4* would have the same effect.

I know I'm still in the zone and am safe, but if circumstances like surprise freeway ramp closures and bad pin drops keep hitting me while I'm still in the vulnerable point stage, I'm never going to recover. Plus I take it all personal because I want to do well, and I feel I am. I don't want to lose the only decent job I've had in a long time due do jerky people or incidents out of my control. On my 2nd day I had some jerk and his 3 loud friends probably give me a 1* for a 7 block ride. I am struggling to recover over a $2.80 ride that cost me over 3 points that day.
Don't worry about it your ratings are rock solid

wk1102

Its simple math, its just a mathematical average. Total number of stars ÷total number of rated trips.

At 500 rated trips, a 1 drops you. 08 a 2 .06, a 3 .04 a 4 .02,

At 70 trips you probably have 50-60 rated. Every non 5 with cause a slight drop for a while. Dont sweat it, i get like 2 non 5s every 15 or so trips.

Tedgey

Hi Everyone,

Hope you got your rating stabilized pianobum

#LeaveNoZombieThreadDead

PepeLePiu

I don't want to lose the only decent job I've had in a long time due do jerky people or incidents out of my control
I think that statement could be an oxymoron.
You could lose this not-so-decent-job for exactly the same circumstances. 95% (making this number up) are decent TOS abiding pax, the leftovers are jerks, abusive, intrusive and self-centered individuals, whose only goal in their miserable life is to make our just as bad as theirs.

Don't worry about the ratings right now, and don't try too hard. Be safe, courteous and respectful of the people inside your car and the rest will take care of itself.

Be safe out there.

Bleach

Hi Everyone,

Hello pianobum

This is Bleach, Regional director of operations for the southern pacific region of Uber technologies, Raiser

I understand with your concern and i will be glad to assist you. Dont worry about the ratings, as long you offer great foot massages, high level of customer service and be a efficiency driver im sure you will do absolutely fine. Remember, they key is make them feel at home. Mi casa, tu casa...

Thank for your service and uber on!

Bleach
Regional Director of Operations
Pacific South Region
Uber Technologies, Raisers

somedriverguy

Hi Everyone,

Actually, the bad ratings are because UBER hid the rating section and 5 star raters don't bother looking for it. Only people looking to get free rides from UBER by downrating you have incentive to find it.

UberLaLa

Actually, the bad ratings are because UBER hid the rating section and 5 star raters don't bother looking for it. Only people looking to get free rides from UBER by downrating you have incentive to find it.
Haters love to hate, and lovers hate to love...

Whothought

Hello pianobum

This is Bleach, Regional director of operations for the southern pacific region of Uber technologies, Raiser

I understand with your concern and i will be glad to assist you. Dont worry about the ratings, as long you offer great foot massages, high level of customer service and be a efficiency driver im sure you will do absolutely fine. Remember, they key is make them feel at home. Mi casa, tu casa...

Thank for your service and uber on!

Bleach
Regional Director of Operations
Pacific South Region
Uber Technologies, Raisers

Lol