Uber Drivers Forum banner

Cabin temperature?

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Jessie Newburn 
#1 ·
I had a lovely lady today snap at me asking why the heater wasn't on as she was FREEZING.....

I replied and said its on 22c, but I can turn it up if you're cold. Which I did to 24c.

Which brings me to the question, I use to run the temp a little warmer, but found some people put the window down as they had been hot. Fair enough when you have jackets on etc. I normally run between 21-22c depending on the mood and how people are 'dressed'. I myself wear pants and jacket, and its fine at this temp.

I personally would love to dump the jacket/jumper and run a warmer car, but as I said at 23-24c pax start opening the window, so its clearly too warm.

Was this lovely lady, who also complained about the radio station as she 'can't deal with this type of music at this hour, and can you put something else on' and who also told me which lanes to be in as this isn't the 'fast' lane. Who also got a 1* on arrival, just a PIA or am I running it too cold?

No one else complains....... Ahhh life of a Uber driver.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah thats what I think Graham J

She bolted from her building into the car, so I'm guessing she must have had the heater flat out inside. I did notice when she was leaving, she wasn't rugged up as much as others. short skirt, stockings, light looking top on. Not my fault she doesn't dress for 'winter' in Melbourne, oh wait, I'm just the scum uber driver, of course it is.

I was more taken back by the bark/tone/snap from her. Can you turn the heater on. Like really lady, we're sitting here without the heater on. Is that what you think? If she asked nicely or started with a excuse me first then I wouldn't have been fussed. I really hate paxs that 'look down' on you for being a uber driver! She was clearly one of them.

LOL you should of pulled over and kicked her out. She would of given you 1* regardless
Funny part...... No non 5* ratings received YET..... There is still time, but I was sooo expecting some bad ratings today. It was a morning of crap paxs or bad trips.

I had snappy lady, then I had a lady running late for a job interview, didn't know the address, then when she found it and entered it in, Uber app took us to the wrong end of st kilda rd! Lucky for her, we had been coming from the south, so kept going and got there, 15 mins late! She was never going to be on time. The ETA to pick her up was 5 mins, so her poor planning. I so thought I would going to get a 1* out of that.

Then had one of those stomp the brakes as traffic stopped without notice.

So expecting some non 5* ratings from one or all of those trips today.

#7 ·
Nah I put my professional face on and smiled. I really couldn't be bothered to get into a pissing match with Uber/Pax over a complaint this petty. She was a cow of a person, I just smiled and took her there and said have a nice day etc. Gave her a 1* and I was happy. I 100% expected a bad rating from her in return, but she may surprise me as it hasn't come yet. Maybe when she opens uber for the trip home and gets promoted to rate me.

Its battle that I see little point in fighting, she won't change. So why work myself up over it.

we should all put a note on the dashboard which says, "If you have arrived alive then give me five"
haha I like it.... Just like any landing you can walk away from is a good landing!

I refuse to beg for 5*, I'll offer a nice professional service, but that is it. If you feel this isn't enough, then so be it paxs. I'll get booted from Uber and you can enjoy the other drivers.

#9 ·
Agreed, but not place to say anything.... She was NEVER going to be on time even without the slight delay in the wrong address.

The ping was about 4 mins, so lets say 5 mins there since requested it, the wrong address added a few mins, lets round up to 5 mins.

So even if she requested a UBER and I was in front of her, she would have still been 5 mins late, rather than 15 mins!

She had no chance. She would have been better to no show and make up a reason, rather than show up 15 mins late.

#11 ·
No idea. I don't eyeball paxs that much when they get in and being in the back seat, its even harder to look, without being a prev. Got no time for that.

When she got out, I had my rage eyes on.......

She might have had a pulse, even if she had no heart. So is that passable to you? :)

#12 ·
I am noticing an increase of chicks sitting in the front. When I started driving they would sit in the back but i would invite them in the front for more room then decided *** it let them sit in the back.

I don't care where people sit nowadays just as long as I get paid.

#13 ·
I am noticing an increase of chicks sitting in the front.
Me too... I would say I have more ladies than men paxs these says about 60/40..... guys are more likely to sit in the front, the ladies are about 50/50. Some do, some don't.

i would invite them in the front for more room
Thats a little creepy...... I wouldn't ask them to move.

That said, SINGLE PAXS who SIT BEHIND ME.... are the worst...... and then want to 'talk'.

Seriously!?

#17 ·
I am noticing an increase of chicks sitting in the front. When I started driving they would sit in the back but i would invite them in the front for more room then decided *** it let them sit in the back.

I don't care where people sit nowadays just as long as I get paid.
They feel safe in Uber...
And don't understand why drivers don't try to get there phone number...

I had conversations with hot chick this week about it and she asked my phone number... let's see tomorrow what will happen -:)

#18 ·
Thats a little creepy...... I wouldn't ask them to move.
Occasionally I'll get someone who's uncertain whether I want them sitting in the front or back, and I simply tell them they're free to sit wherever they like.

I've only ever invited someone to sit in the front seat once, and that was after I had already established a great rapport. I had picked up a couple of girls, and had just dropped off the one who was sitting in the front seat and said "come sit in the front seat if you like?" to the other. She did, and we had a great chat on the way to her destination. When we arrived she offered to buy me breakfast, and I thought "why the hell not?!", so I went offline and we ate breakfast together. An hour later we gave each other a hug and parted ways!

Now that's a quite a rare experience, one you couldn't expect to have with the vast majority of passengers, and it could only ever happen if someone feels very comfortable with you. I guess the moral of the story is that what is "creepy" depends a lot on the context and people involved. Simply inviting someone to sit in the front seat isn't necessarily creepy.
That said, SINGLE PAXS who SIT BEHIND ME.... are the worst...... and then want to 'talk'.

Seriously!?
They probably feel safest sitting there, so it doesn't really bother me. I've had some great conversations with people sitting directly behind me.

#19 ·
Actually I don't care where people sit thesedays.
If I have done a long day and sick of answering the same questions about fuber I am happy to have them sit in the back.
Fuber is a bit like speedating. I picked up this chick in Brunswick West to Fitzroy last nite who sat in the back and she was quite lovely. I asked her lots of questions. She works in a bikini shop :D whilst doing her masters.
But, never ask anything personal. Not worth it hehe. Keep it professional I say.

#21 ·
I picked up a prostitute in the wee hours of one morning, and she was headed off to another job. She certainly didn't look like one, I'd have never have guessed and was a little thrown off when she answered my question "so what do you do for work?". I sometimes ask people if they enjoy their job and can imagine doing it the rest of their lives. I considered asking, but somehow it just didn't seem appropriate in this instance, hahaha! :p

#20 ·
I had a lovely lady today snap at me asking why the heater wasn't on as she was FREEZING.....

I replied and said its on 22c, but I can turn it up if you're cold. Which I did to 24c.

Which brings me to the question, I use to run the temp a little warmer, but found some people put the window down as they had been hot. Fair enough when you have jackets on etc. I normally run between 21-22c depending on the mood and how people are 'dressed'. I myself wear pants and jacket, and its fine at this temp.

I personally would love to dump the jacket/jumper and run a warmer car, but as I said at 23-24c pax start opening the window, so its clearly too warm.

Was this lovely lady, who also complained about the radio station as she 'can't deal with this type of music at this hour, and can you put something else on' and who also told me which lanes to be in as this isn't the 'fast' lane. Who also got a 1* on arrival, just a PIA or am I running it too cold?

No one else complains....... Ahhh life of a Uber driver.
this is the same lady that ordered xxxxxtra hoooot skinny latte !!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.