Cab driver cursed me out

jvegas

I was at Parker House picking up, I got out of my car to locate a pax and a cab driver pulls up to me and starts cursing me out bad,I felt threatened and in danger. He was crazy angry. This type of behavior should be illegal, I should of told one of the rent a cops standing around but I didn't, I denied being an uber driver but he knew. I'm waiting for the day a cab driver physically assaults one of us at PH.

bobby747

i got a hard enought time earning ....assault will not happen to me....taxi's better be carefull with that as uber drivers are making $7 hr ....alot of built up anger we dont need

ChortlingCrison

i got a hard enought time earning ....assault will not happen to me....taxi's better be carefull with that as uber drivers are making $7 hr ....alot of built up anger we dont need
Uber is the same as taxi. No matter what Travis says. He even admitted that uber is a taxi service.

NoCommission

I was at Parker House picking up, I got out of my car to locate a pax and a cab driver pulls up to me and starts cursing me out bad,I felt threatened and in danger. He was crazy angry. This type of behavior should be illegal, I should of told one of the rent a cops standing around but I didn't, I denied being an uber driver but he knew. I'm waiting for the day a cab driver physically assaults one of us at PH.
If you are UberX so you the one who is illegal not the taxi driver and his mad because you are killing the market on your own cost. Taxi driver doesn't consider you a competition because they always in a competition. With UberX fare you don't make money neither the taxi because the fare is lower than the cost.

PorkRollUberAndCheese

If you are UberX so you the one who is illegal not the taxi driver and his mad because you are killing the market on your own cost. Taxi driver doesn't consider you a competition because they always in a competition. With UberX fare you don't make money neither the taxi because the fare is lower than the cost.
What in the blue hell does this even mean? Are you actually putting forward the idea that Uber drivers don't make any money on a 32/hour guarantee?

PorkRollUberAndCheese

BTW, the Parker house uber area worked like a damn dream. I didn't realize both Bar A and Parker had them.

Bottom line: cabs feel threatened and they have every right to. It doesn't change the situation that their business model sucks and they need to either adapt or die. I will give cabs all the room in the world they need to work. But if someone starts shit unprovoked, there's going to be problems.

Btw, there was plenty of business for everyone tonight.

just uberX

Stay inside your car and have your dash cam on recording inside the car all the time. Dont ever get out of your car when your at the shore. Let your pax comes to you...thats a ground rule for every where not just the shore.

NoCommission

What in the blue hell does this even mean? Are you actually putting forward the idea that Uber drivers don't make any money on a 32/hour guarantee?
If you work for guarantee offers maybe you make some money but this will not last, it is just a trap from uber to get more drivers on the road thinking of making the same money most of the time. If you work for $0.85 a mile for sure you are paying the rider from your own cost. If you work for 2.5X surge or more you make money and good for you and for taxi drivers too because when the fare near the taxi fare the riders will think back of using taxi too, working on the surge only will not last because many riders now knows about it and they don't request when it is surge, when uber lose business they will either reduce the surge or will force the drivers to accept every trip when it is not surge.

NoCommission

BTW, the Parker house uber area worked like a damn dream. I didn't realize both Bar A and Parker had them.

Bottom line: cabs feel threatened and they have every right to. It doesn't change the situation that their business model sucks and they need to either adapt or die. I will give cabs all the room in the world they need to work. But if someone starts shit unprovoked, there's going to be problems.

UberX riders are the same quality as taxi riders and less because many cheap people wasn't even using taxi because the price. If their cars is sucks your will be too by the same quality of riders.
Just understand their feeling. It took them long time to get their license, they obey the laws, they was waiting in the street half of their life waiting for a customer sometimes they go home empty sometimes they make good money but the average was $100-150 a day working for 12 hours. This average was after gas and car payment only.
When uber starts with UberBlack model only, Taxi considered it as a new competition but they were fine with it because the price is higher and they will still gets some customers.
When UberX starts their prices was slightly lower than taxi, they considered a higher competition but they was ok with it too, the UberX price was still higher than the cost. But when Uber reduced the price for UberX to be under the cost that what turns them crazy mad because Why the hell you doing this for? are you using the people who never been in business to scam their knowledge about the hidden cost and destroy our market so only Uber founder makes money?.

Google all the Taxi's demonstrations all over the world, most of it started after reducing UberX less than the cost.

jvegas

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO taxi drivers are getting what they deserve for years of poor customer service. I hear the horror stories all night long from my PAX. Bottom line people hate taxi service and they love Uber. I'm sure every Uber driver here hears the same stories I do.

-refusing rides cause they're not in the right area

-not showing up for pickups
-refusing to give a ride to 1 person cause it has to be 4
-filthy vehicles
-over charging
-making costumers wait hour and a half and then some times never even show up

The list goes on and on.

I had a woman tell me a cab driver refused to go to Point Borough from Manasquan, went as far as Point Beach and said "this is as far as I go....Sorry" and she had to walk the rest of the way at 3am by herself. That goes beyond costumer service, that's a matter of human decency in my opinion.

Maybe now taxis will step it up cause they're not the only choice any more
Uber might actually be doing the taxi industry a favor

jvegas

and furthermore what's with the Toyota Sienna minivans, did they have a special on them for taxi service or something, really? you all got to drive the same thing? I'm getting sick of seeing 28 Sienna's lined up at the bars!

NoCommission

IMO taxi drivers are getting what they deserve for years of poor customer service. I hear the horror stories all night long from my PAX. Bottom line people hate taxi service and they love Uber. I'm sure every Uber driver here hears the same stories I do.

-refusing rides cause they're not in the right area

-not showing up for pickups
-refusing to give a ride to 1 person cause it has to be 4
-filthy vehicles
-over charging
-making costumers wait hour and a half and then some times never even show up

The list goes on and on.

I had a woman tell me a cab driver refused to go to Point Borough from Manasquan, went as far as Point Beach and said "this is as far as I go....Sorry" and she had to walk the rest of the way at 3am by herself. That goes beyond costumer service, that's a matter of human decency in my opinion.

Maybe now taxis will step it up cause they're not the only choice any more
Uber might actually be doing the taxi industry a favor
You will do the same and many UberX done that already. You just didn't face what they faced in the business yet.
1-Refusing rides cause they're not in the right area? they get ticket if they picked up outside their township that they registered in.
2- Not showing up for pickups? because many customers calls them and once they are there customer already took another service or taxi so they lost money and time so they learned to take the most guarantee rider customer even if the driver are heading for a pickup and another rider hailed to them on the way they will take that rider because many times when they refuse once they are in the pickup address to pick the schedule pickup rider doesn't show up and they just lost both customers.
3 - Filthy vehicles? Do you think the driver in purpose setting in the back seat messing up his own car and business or the quality of riders who don't that to his car till it not worth to keep clean and fix rider's mess. They will do the same to your car too.
4 - over charging? The cost in this business not gas, tolls, car payment...etc. The cost in this business is how much to keep this business open and running so it is ready when the rider request it. They have to charge more because they lose money many times either because the riders or when it is slow or the business expenses getting higher than what they expected. Yes some of them are greedy sometimes but some uber drivers are the same too. What so many people doesn't know that many townships already set a price for most of the rides and many taxi for competition they charge less than this list. The price list is at least 3 times UberX prices.

- making customers wait hour and a half and then some times never even show up? The same as the second point. whoever is more guarantee rider in hand are the one who should get the service.
I have a limousine business and when I started I was providing taxi service on my limousine cars. You have no idea how much I hated just because I lost money many times showing up in the pickup address and the customer already gone. So I decided to not move any car until I have credit card in file. Taxi customers? they refuse to give credit card on file for short distance trips.

NoCommission

and furthermore what's with the Toyota Sienna minivans, did they have a special on them for taxi service or something, really? you all got to drive the same thing? I'm getting sick of seeing 28 Sienna's lined up at the bars!
I am not a Taxi driver, I never have any taxi license or drove a yellow cab. What I know is the townships price list is for one riders only and $2 for each additional person if it is short distance, if it is long distance it goes up to $5 each person. When taxi buy a car for business they do their research for many things, How long this car last with another drivers? What is the maximum miles another driver could add on this car? is it easy access in and out for the customers? does it needs much maintenance? and are its parts available and not to expensive? the more passengers can take the more potential money can make....etc. I believe Toyota Sienna is a good match plus its price is good.

NoCommission

I am not a Taxi driver, I never have any taxi license or drove a yellow cab. What I know is the townships price list is for one riders only and $2 for each additional person if it is short distance, if it is long distance it goes up to $5 each person. When taxi buy a car for business they do their research for many things, How long this car last with another drivers? What is the maximum miles another driver could add on this car? is it easy access in and out for the customers? does it needs much maintenance? and are its parts available and not to expensive? the more passengers can take the more potential money can make....etc. I believe Toyota Sienna is a good match plus its price is good.
The more you get old in this business the more you will say No Mercy unless the customer is nice and I know him before.

SurgeorSuckit

I did parker house all day today it was like shooting fish in a barrel.. got my needed rides for the time im here today (6 hours) and im calling it a night and going home. That uber lot really makes it super easy.. i never waited more then 10 mins for pings..

No_Username

Once at a D.D in Montclair, a cabbie started saying I was stealing his money and I looked at him and sed.....no one is stoping u from being an uber driver if u think I'm making more then u......he got in his car and left lol

PorkRollUberAndCheese

I did parker house all day today it was like shooting fish in a barrel.. got my needed rides for the time im here today (6 hours) and im calling it a night and going home. That uber lot really makes it super easy.. i never waited more then 10 mins for pings..
I think the dumbest thing I saw today were Lyfts and Ubers still dropping off in the middle of the street when they were literally 35 feet from the Uber dropoff area and getting ticketed. Morons.

jvegas

I saw that too i was like wtf are these idiots doing. Then i laughed..
I saw this too to my amusement..

I got PH figured out, just go to the lot find a space, park and do your pick ups and drop offs. Period, make no exceptions. Not only will the rent a cops not hassle you but they recognize your car and become quite fond of you after a while. The lady cop at the end of Ocean greeted me with a friendly smile and an appreciative nod as I approached her on Beacon because she knew I was in the know and followed the rules to a T.