CA DMV, Violation Date Vs. Conviction Date???

Gabam

Dear friends,
When it comes to removing the points after 3 years, what date the CA DMV uses, the date on which the driver made the violation, or the date the driver was convicted at the court for that violation?
The DMV employee told me on the phone that they use the conviction date, but after searching he could not provide me the link to where it is said. Last time when I called the DMV, I got a total opposite answer from another employee. Now I myself found the link through Google, where it clearly says the violation date. I am posting the link here too, please go through it. What do you guys think? Why are these DMV employees confusing me, are they confused themselves?
Thank you

DMV Link

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/d...9v71PbUpXimKMPa9u7LG-eO16ffUlV5I7z4BU2-DsQ!!/

RideshareSpectrum

Points (not accident related) only get placed on your record after you are convicted of an infraction, ergo they stay there for 36 months from conviction date.
Traffic school eligibility requirement resets 18 months from date of your last violation.

Having been led to water should you still refuse to drink, i recommend doing a Boolean search to narrow your results. If the difference between the two places you in some legal or life/work gray area.. the. giddy up and seek legal advice from a preofessional.

Misunderstood Pirate

Yes my friend, but how to convince that confused and ill-informed DMV employee who could not even speak proper English :frown:
Sanctuary

FYI. Checkr puts all infractions on your mvr. Even if u get a cell phone ticket. No point but goes on your record at background check. More than 3 incidents which include accidents your fault or not. No driving.

Gabam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recived a point back in May 2015, violation date is in May. By this May, it should fall off my record, so that I get the good driver discount again from my insurance company.
THE CA DMV WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS THAT IT COUNTS FROM THE VIOLATION DATE.