• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Bylaw inspections at...

Salman

I had my 1st inspection in Feb.
I took off my winter tire on april 26 and on April 30 I got a ping from Mark from sugger daddy’s night club parking lot, i was 1min
Away. Bylaw cancelled the trip. Then another ping from same place name sunny and he also cancelled! How lucky I am. Then I drove to the parking lot and saw them inspecting other cars. I guess they cancelled on me because I already got inspected less than 3 months ago and passed. So they didnt want to waste their $5.

Rockydrive

I had someone named Chris in Missisauga inspecting me last week. I still had my Winters on at that time and he was like,”You should not be driving on winters now”. I said I didn’t know that(wink wink) and above all the bylaw requires you to have a Winter tire during winter, not mandatory that you have a summer tires during summer.Maybe I’m wrong. Do correct me if i am.

phreeradical

I had someone named Chris in Missisauga inspecting me last week. I still had my Winters on at that time and he was like,”You should not be driving on winters now”. I said I didn’t know that(wink wink) and above all the bylaw requires you to have a Winter tire during winter, not mandatory that you have a summer tires during summer.Maybe I’m wrong. Do correct me if i am.
It’s your money ...throw away if you want

loilae

I had my 1st inspection in Feb.
I took off my winter tire on april 26 and on April 30 I got a ping from Mark from sugger daddy’s night club parking lot, i was 1min
Away. Bylaw cancelled the trip. Then another ping from same place name sunny and he also cancelled! How lucky I am. Then I drove to the parking lot and saw them inspecting other cars. I guess they cancelled on me because I already got inspected less than 3 months ago and passed. So they didnt want to waste their $5.
Why it's always Mississauga that gets all the love? And Roger this morning cancelled on me for the same reason as well.

Gone_in_60_seconds

There's no law against driving with snow tires in spring. It's just bad for your mileage and causes unnecessary accelerated wear on your snow tires. Fortunately, stupidity and foolishness is not against the law. LOL. :coolio::coolio::coolio::coolio:

Rockydrive

There's no law against driving with snow tires in spring. It's just bad for your mileage and causes unnecessary accelerated wear on your snow tires. Fortunately, stupidity and foolishness is not against the law. LOL. :coolio::coolio::coolio::coolio:
Why do you speak like a @@@@ all the time? Is it your nature or is it part of your UP persona.Stupidity and foolishness!! Who are you to decide who is foolish and stupid? Do you know me or anyone else on this forum? Of course it causes wear on the tires and drops mileage but you don’t know what kinda circumstances forced one to leave their tires on.So stop acting like a @@@@ and behave.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Why do you speak like a @@@@ all the time? Is it your nature or is it part of your UP persona.Stupidity and foolishness!! Who are you to decide who is foolish and stupid? Do you know me or anyone else on this forum? Of course it causes wear on the tires and drops mileage but you don’t know what kinda circumstances forced one to leave their tires on.
There are a number of people in this forum that perhaps consider themselves the 'height of comedy' and conduct their commentary as such. If you find them tedious and their commentery not useful, feel free to use the ignore function.

Rockydrive

These are the ones who complain about bad rider behaviour. Should just stand back and think for a while whether the trolls or entitled sounding primates deserve more than these shitty riders? You get what you deserve.

WillC

I for one may going to keep the winter tires on until the tire tread wear off. At the current level, they won't last for the whole season next winter. The are not brand name and came with the car when I bought the car used anyway.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I for one may going to keep the winter tires on until the tire tread wear off. At the current level, they won't last for the whole season next winter. The are not brand name and came with the car when I bought the car used anyway.
You are murdering your gas mileage. Anything you save in cost by not switching/installing summer tires, you are spending in reduced gas efficiency due to 'stickier' tires.

ANT 7

Considering it costs $150 to swap and/or mount balance tires, plus any other service I get done, plus the lost revenue while the car is down..........leaving half worn snows on for the rest of the summer makes sense in some markets.

Where I am we get 4-5 months of nice weather and that's it. It's supposed to snow on Saturday again. I doubt any minor financial consideration for fuel economy is going to matter.

I'm running the newest version of the Michelin X-Ice with an 80KM treadwear guarantee. If I keep them on until they're done, I'll save $500-900 minimum, basically, almost the cost of a new set of tires.

Rockydrive

I wouldn’t say it’s a misconception that mileage would be affected if we leave the winters on during summer.But these days the difference is really negligible for some one driving a beat up car for rideshare. Might as well get a Winter tire every year than change it,balance it etc etc. Several places do free installation if you buy 4 tires and winter tires are cheap in spring that makes it even better. I’m not saying it’s the way to go but it could work.