Bye bye XL only......

There is XL only. Just let the timer go to 0 and cancel all none XL you received by mistake. .
If you let timer go to 0 then you won’t receive any requests. I did this last weekend and lyft stopped giving me any requests.

Last edited:

NJKing

I did the same thing. If you let timer go to 0 then you won’t receive any requests anymore. I did this last weekend and lyft stopped giving me any requests.
Maybe this is where everything has gone wrong. You see..I am on an one man strike since couple of months ago. I began to treat these, inapt, so called tech companies, like crap like they are treating me.

Don't you tech companies want to send me a good request? Fine! Your customers aren't going to get services provided by 4.94/4.97 uber/lyft rated driver with over 1.7k trips done between two. I now reject all their stupid 10 minutes+, pool/shared requests and their crap rated pax. Also I have great satisfaction of giving a nice boot to unknown lyft/shared queues that was on queue since like 15 minutes ago..

Did they stop sending requests? Maybe, it slowed down a little but these slowdown don't effect me too much. What I notice was they fold and send requests regardless of my acceptance rates, sometimes there are weekends i make at least 50% more without too much stress.

Will both tech companies deactivate me? Maybe? But right now, it feels a lot better knowing at least I am giving those tech companies little back by me hurting where they hurt most. Out right rejecting all shared/pools and not picking up anything that isn't 9 minutes or less.

ZepFan

I’ve had the option on lyft for a year.
Post automatically merged:

And I just confirmed I no longer have the option
Interesting. I've never had it. But I don't think they're wrong in saying you'll be waiting a long time for rides. I only do XL on Saturdays for obvious reasons.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was that English?
Is it ever with support?

You just learned this? I've been doing XL since late last year and Lyft has never allowed that since I registered my vehicle. This is one aspect where Uber is better.

Oh, and I hope you're doind well. LOL.
I didn’t just learn it. They just took it away. We had it before the last update.

Interesting. I've never had it. But I don't think they're wrong in saying you'll be waiting a long time for rides. I only do XL on Saturdays for obvious reasons.
Simply not true in my market. XL rides are plentiful.

I’ve had the option on lyft for a year.

And I just confirmed I no longer have the option

Yep, we just lost it in the latest update.

njn

"Our system is constantly changing in order to give you a better experience, so don't discard it"

How is a driver supposed to discard the lyft system?

SurgeMasterMN

With gas prices going up they need to give drivers the opportunity to have the XL only option. This is is the drivers telling the riders and the rideshare companies what we are willing to drive for. As gas prices continue to rise less people will drive their oversize vehicles for regular base rides. It makes zero economic sense.

Mysanthropic_Motorist

With gas prices going up they need to give drivers the opportunity to have the XL only option. This is is the drivers telling the riders and the rideshare companies what we are willing to drive for. As gas prices continue to rise less people will drive their oversize vehicles for regular base rides. It makes zero economic sense.
Except people will do it. I was in Brick the other day and turned down a ping (pool). I was at the QuickCheck and that’s where the ping was. About 5 mins later up drives a late model BMW (that’s all i’ll say) to pick up this pool ride that was a 4 minute trip. A late model BMW......pool.

So yea, Uber/Lyft knows there are plenty of bottom feeders that will take them.

ibeam23

Except people will do it. I was in Brick the other day and turned down a ping (pool). I was at the QuickCheck and that’s where the ping was. About 5 mins later up drives a late model BMW (that’s all i’ll say) to pick up this pool ride that was a 4 minute trip. A late model BMW......pool.

And this is exactly why the GQs I had in my car last week made the snotty comment that they were used to getting "a nicer car." I pulled over immediately and nicely said if they required a better car they could get out and request one. They played nice. Dropped them off at their downtrodden crackhouse looking building and promptly 1-star'd and filed safety report. These two pieces of poop couldn't even afford to buy my car.

NJKing

There are a lot of bottom feeders than most think. Some are new driver with their new, suv or luxury cars and many are mistakenly taken trips or request that you can't cancel because of that "pro" level that they "must" maintain. Every time I get good cars at base X I request, I feels bad for the guys. My last two short trips I took was X3 and Pilot last month. I paid $8 and change, they got $3.71 and even I tipped them $5 each, they are all doing this wrong in my eyes. And lets not talk about Lyft, we got Expeditions and Escalades on base lyft requests. I got the sense poor old man doesn't know you can kick off auto added queues, asked if he can use bathroom on 15 minutes trip.

Attachments

Mysanthropic_Motorist

There are a lot of bottom feeders than most think. Some are new driver with their new, suv or luxury cars and many are mistakenly taken trips or request that you can't cancel because of that "pro" level that they "must" maintain. Every time I get good cars at base X I request, I feels bad for the guys. My last two short trips I took was X3 and Pilot last month. I paid $8 and change, they got $3.71 and even I tipped them $5 each, they are all doing this wrong in my eyes. And lets not talk about Lyft, we got Expeditions and Escalades on base lyft requests. I got the sense poor old man doesn't know you can kick off auto added queues, asked if he can use bathroom on 15 minutes trip.
You’re not wrong, that’s for sure. The acceptance rate to maintain Uber Pro, is the EASIEST rate to manipulate. Simple math tells you how to do that. You literally can go from 0% to 100% in a week. That cancel rate (and I suppose star rating for some), that’s a different story.....

ZepFan

You’re not wrong, that’s for sure. The acceptance rate to maintain Uber Pro, is the EASIEST rate to manipulate. Simple math tells you how to do that. You literally can go from 0% to 100% in a week. That cancel rate (and I suppose star rating for some), that’s a different story.....
20190423_100423.jpg