Bye, Bye XChange Leasing In Philly!

VictorD

Just received an email from Uber...

... effective Oct. 6, Xchange Leasing is officially out of business in Philly.

anteetr

They’re re-opening the senate Bill, PPA ain’t shit. They only control the bilaws

I really hope uber loses. Bigly.

If they win I'm buying something like this to schlep people around in. Under $1000

IMG_1185.JPG

bobby747

I can't wait fora 4.9 surge to ride in prem. Cars like that red one..we need 2 cars .1 nice one parked for big surges..and 1 like the red one for .92 cents a mile p hl. Runs for $12.75

bobby747

I got a leased car..i am in contract..5 year lease. I can break anytime...they cannot void it if I pay..its win win for me and a wav..xl

OGT

Just out of curiosity, how many rides do you have to do to not have a payment if you lease a car through uber?

bobby747

It's strange $160... get $100 Min.. week from uber 40 rides...sometimes xtra 26 rides for 260...but 40 total not 66...plus lyft....40 hours online for $200...lease paid...

So normally I get paid to drive plus 100 % fare on all uber wavs...plus $10

OGT

No, i mean isnt there something if you do so many rides you dont have to pay anything?

For regular leases, not wavs

bobby747

I only know wav...i have never had to pay for my wav...due to incentives...even at 100..if I take 3 rides..all is paid for..other guys with leases are screwed..i only burn a lot of fuel but not my own car out...even thought lease. E . IS ME..its nice not worrying about miles

Last edited:

VictorD

No, i mean isnt there something if you do so many rides you dont have to pay anything?

For regular leases, not wavs

You're thinking about Lyft's rental program which I don't believe is available here in Philly.

Nitedriver

They lost lot's of money , specially @ the beginning when they partnered with Santander Bank (the little doggie of Wells Fargo bank..) can't believe the analyst's , some temp students ??...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/27/uber-is-shutting-down-its-xchange-vehicle-leasing-business/

The shutdown wasn’t unexpected – Uber said in August that it was working on what to do with the business, after reports emerged that it was considering a shutdown. Uber at the time decided together with its board that it was resulting in “sustainably high losses,” per a Wall Street Journal report.

The Xchange Leasing shutdown will affect around 500 jobs, per the Journal, and indicates that the company ultimately wasn’t able to find a better solution regarding what it should do with its leasing business.

bobby747

I had my lawyer read it..as long as I don't default..i have a contract...dont we all love contracts..this one protects me if I want to keep it...

Dhafo5800

I told them to come get their car. For a part time driver, it was too much. I owe about 800$. Hope they don't take it off my dashboard no more since I purchased my own car.