Bye Bye to London

gerg

Just the tip of the iceberg for scum sucking uber.
Screenshot_20170922-031052.png

gerg

Probably thinks Uber is unclean.
Just like everywhere else, they say ubers attitude is less than proper and fitting. Disruptor uber has used their army of lobbyists and bagmen to thumb their nose at every municipality. It'll bite uber in the ass. That, along with basically no background checks, and ubers willingness to endanger the public will eventually be the end of uber.

WOW! London was a pretty big revenue income city.
They might lower rates here again in Vegas to make up for their future loss profits in London.

gerg

So gerg, we are all gypsies, tramps and thieves?
Well, you see, ubers background check is the same you would get for a rental property etc. The FIRST part of a background check is to identify the party. Uber doesn't even do that, so every other part of its background check is pointless, comprende?

So gerg, we are all gypsies, tramps and thieves?
Your reference to Cher explains your posts.

R

RidingInLostWages

Fwck the mods here

Last edited by a moderator:

VegasR

The main concern listed is the background check thing, which I think is BS. Perhaps Uber was reckless on that front initially. However, we've now had millions of Uber rides and there hasn't been a problem with Uber drivers turning out to be perverts and serial killers rampaging through the customer base.

Probably because you are clearly identified and being tracked by GPS, as is the customer. And you are driving your own car, etc. etc. It's hard to imagine a worse opportunity to commit a crime.

I've said this before, but people seem to have gone completely nuts when it comes to safety issues or risk. This person is driving you in a car! That ACTUALLY IS a fairly dangerous activity. Something like 35,000 people are killed on the roads each year. Worry about that.

Things to worry about: Your driver has neglected his maintenance like replacing tires because he is broke. Your driver is exhausted. When you're driving your own car, there are Uber drivers on the road, some exhausted, many distracted by their apps, chatting up Pax, or pressured into making dangerous or illegal moves to max earnings and avoid bad ratings. etc. etc.

Things not to worry about: Your driver is Hannibal Lecter.

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

Last edited by a moderator:

Farman vegas

500,000 individuals have signed the petition so far to keep Uber operational in London and help 40,000 Uber drivers keep working.

gerg

The main concern listed is the background check thing, which I think is BS. Perhaps Uber was reckless on that front initially. However, we've now had millions of Uber rides and there hasn't been a problem with Uber drivers turning out to be perverts and serial killers rampaging through the customer base.

Probably because you are clearly identified and being tracked by GPS, as is the customer. And you are driving your own car, etc. etc. It's hard to imagine a worse opportunity to commit a crime.

I've said this before, but people seem to have gone completely nuts when it comes to safety issues or risk. This person is driving you in a car! That ACTUALLY IS a fairly dangerous activity. Something like 35,000 people are killed on the roads each year. Worry about that.

Things to worry about: Your driver has neglected his maintenance like replacing tires because he is broke. Your driver is exhausted. When you're driving your own car, there are Uber drivers on the road, some exhausted, many distracted by their apps, chatting up Pax, or pressured into making dangerous or illegal moves to max earnings and avoid bad ratings. etc. etc.

Things not to worry about: Your driver is Hannibal Lecter.
Nonsense. Identity is a very big deal, especially in the EU with its open borders. Of course, so many do want terrorists ready to do their religion of peace work.

Just like everywhere else, they say ubers attitude is less than proper and fitting. Disruptor uber has used their army of lobbyists and bagmen to thumb their nose at every municipality. It'll bite uber in the ass. That, along with basically no background checks, and ubers willingness to endanger the public will eventually be the end of uber.
If you are so anti Uber, why do you drive?

I had more than a few passengers from London and they've told me (anecdotally of course) that most people in London take the Tube. Uber there is not really as popular as it is here.

gerg

If you are so anti Uber, why do you drive?

I had more than a few passengers from London and they've told me (anecdotally of course) that most people in London take the Tube. Uber there is not really as popular as it is here.
The last ride I took was March 3rd. My plan was to use rideshare just to pay my once a year bills. Now, it's not even worth it for me. And yes, I hate uber. This is the scummiest company in recent memory.